Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-28-2016, 05:11 PM

1 posts, read 626 times

Advertisements

I live in PA and was collecting unemployment benefits. I took a job in SC and only worked a few weeks and could not continue doing the commute. Too far. I never moved just was commuting. But now I am unemployed again because I had to quit.

Can I get my unemployment benefits going again in PA without hassle for this reason?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-28-2016, 05:28 PM

14,500 posts, read 31,079,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnpohl52 View Post
Can I get my unemployment benefits going again in PA without hassle for this reason?
Very unlikely. You knew where the job was when you accepted it, and you don't get to change your mind. You could have refused it, but now it's a quit, and good cause only arises when the employer MOVES too far away from you, not when it was too far to begin with.

However, go ahead and try. Sometimes, a UI person might give you the benefit of the doubt, and adjudicate it as a refusal instead of a quit. You might get lucky, but don't be disappointed if it doesn't work out.

Old 08-29-2016, 12:25 PM

9,879 posts, read 14,128,518 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnpohl52 View Post
I live in PA and was collecting unemployment benefits. I took a job in SC and only worked a few weeks and could not continue doing the commute. Too far. I never moved just was commuting. But now I am unemployed again because I had to quit.

You commuted from Pennsylvania to South Carolina? Daily?

Old 09-04-2016, 02:40 PM

3 posts, read 2,769 times
i just started my unemployment right and i have 16 weeks on it and can collect 6,000.00 total now i might accept this full time job 23.00 hr now i might or will make to much to collect unemployment now my question is where does that remaining unemployment money go now from unemployment do i get it back on tax season or what

Old 09-04-2016, 03:12 PM

14,500 posts, read 31,079,420 times
I told you before in your other thread Unemployment claim balance reaching zero what should I do next? (CA)

The state keeps it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment