Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-21-2010, 09:46 PM

6 posts, read 10,837 times

Advertisements

I reside in Illinois and my regular 26 weeks of unemployment compensation will be expiring on February 13th. I checked and I qualify for EUC.
Do I have to file for that or will I automatically transition into EUC?
Thanks in advance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-21-2010, 11:15 PM

1,252 posts, read 3,485,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam1234 View Post
I reside in Illinois and my regular 26 weeks of unemployment compensation will be expiring on February 13th. I checked and I qualify for EUC.
Do I have to file for that or will I automatically transition into EUC?
Thanks in advance.
I think you answered your own question last week with this post:

https://www.city-data.com/forum/12438765-post1.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam1234 View Post
I have a question for anyone who is currently collecting EUC (Emergency Unemployment Compensation) in Illinois.
My 26 weeks of regular unemployment will be up in early February and it looks like I'll have no choice but to file for EUC because of the lack of decent jobs out there.
I checked the criteria on the IDES website and under the FAQ it states that a claim for EUC is automatically set up for each unemployed person after the original 26 weeks expire but did anyone have to wait a bit before their EUC started or did you transition right into EUC? Thanks in advance.

Old 01-23-2010, 11:34 PM

6 posts, read 10,837 times
Default re:

It may have sounded like I answered my question but I'd like to know for sure from someone who either transitioned easily into the EUC or had a problem transitioning because it's important that I transition smoothly because of course I have bills to pay on time like everyone else.

Old 01-25-2010, 03:40 PM

4 posts, read 13,996 times
Adam -- I answered your question in your previous post but here it is again:

I went from regular to EUC in July 2009. It was automatic, IDES sent me a new wage claimant sheet telling me that I was approved for EUC. My last week of regular benefits was July 13th, certification that week (July 15) was for two weeks. My next certification date was July 29th, however, that was only for one week of benefits, week of July 13-18, which was my last week of regular benefits. The paperwork from IDES approving me for EUC said to certify on August 5th, which I did, and at which time I was paid for two weeks of benefits (weeks of July 19-25 and July 26-Aug 1).

So there is no waiting week when moving from regular to EUC but your certification week will change. You will certify and be paid for one week of benefits and then will certify again the following week which will pay you for two weeks.

~ Jennifer
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment