Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-10-2011, 03:26 PM

2,185 posts, read 5,015,463 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pamelaBeurman View Post
We also have a resident "guest". If it happens again , tell him/her that it bothers you and you want them to stop.

Colorado seems to have a high weirdness factor. Where we live, there are a lot of Ute burial grounds so we have quite a few events around here.

Nothing to freak about! If it really bothers you and asking for it to stop doesn't work, just have someone cleanse the house for you.

I have been playing it back in my head over and over again, I think everyone else is too. I guess we keep trying to come up with some logical explaination or trying to convince ourselves we didn't really see what we did. I feel better about the fact other people were there vs if I was by myself. I would question my sainty at that point. Also hearing someone tell me that it happened to them, again I would be real skepital since I didn't see it for myself and just ignore it.

This is my first time something strange like this has happened to me.

I do know the subdivison called Cherry Park off Arapahoe and Holly was built over an old burial ground, and those houses have been there for over 35 years. I lived there for awhile and I have heard stories about some of the people who live there to this day.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-10-2011, 03:46 PM

13,630 posts, read 10,034,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cupcake77 View Post
I have been playing it back in my head over and over again, I think everyone else is too. I guess we keep trying to come up with some logical explaination or trying to convince ourselves we didn't really see what we did. I feel better about the fact other people were there vs if I was by myself. I would question my sainty at that point. Also hearing someone tell me that it happened to them, again I would be real skepital since I didn't see it for myself and just ignore it.

This is my first time something strange like this has happened to me.

I do know the subdivison called Cherry Park off Arapahoe and Holly was built over an old burial ground, and those houses have been there for over 35 years. I lived there for awhile and I have heard stories about some of the people who live there to this day.
That’s a minor incident, my world is even stranger at times, and I’ve even been asked to host paranormal programmes. I jest not. It’s a good job it didn’t try to strangle you, believe me, they sometimes can!

What will it take to make you believe?

Old 05-10-2011, 03:57 PM

Well I think we can do things with our minds, mostly unintentional. There have been studies on this. I watch some of those programs where people claim they have been scratched by a ghost. I think either 1. they did it themselves or 2. hysteria and somehow the scratch manifested itself because their mind really believes they were scratched.

Now as far as objects moving, that's been reports for years. People claim kitchen utensils fly across the room or chairs move and even beds elevate. I don't have an answer for this, but I can't belive it's spirits. Wht would they want to move a chair or slam doors? I think someday we'll really discover what we can do with our brains and maybe then we'll have an answer why this stuff happens.

Old 05-10-2011, 04:28 PM

2,455 posts, read 6,667,278 times
Cupcake, hmmmm, I for one do believe you. I believe in the supernatural, and what we don't understand, will be understood someday. But, hey, when things like that do happen, it really does get one freaked out, doesn't it?

Why can't you believe in spirits? Just because you are not able to tangibly "see" the "why" of the lighter flying across the room does that mean it is not real? I've always been very curious about the spiritual world, as long as I can remember. I think it is rather cool that an "unbeliever" had this experience. It usually works out that way, you know. Here there are people who would love to see something like this happen, and it usually happens to the those who are insistent there is no such thing as spirits. LOL I do believe spirit has a good sense of humor! I would bet there was bellows of laughter that the human ear could not hear as that lighter went sailing through the air! LOL

OR maybe someone who used to live in that house, and is now deceased, died from smoking and wanted to send you a warning cigarettes are dangerous to your health. I don't know. Just curious......

Old 05-10-2011, 05:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garden of Eden View Post
Why can't you believe in spirits?

Because my Mom died 5 years ago and of there was such a thing she definitely would have let me know somehow she was still around. She hasn't so I don't believe.

But I did think I saw her or something when she died. I saw this black smoke, actually it looked like how black oil would look in water. It just sat at the bottom of my bed then finally came up next to me. I reached out, no temp change and it dissapeared. Everyone told me I was upset about my mom's passing and I was tired and I was just seeing things. They were probably right.

Old 05-10-2011, 05:41 PM

306 posts, read 135,789 times
Dalgety where i live has more than its fair share of weird and where i live has a high rate of "unusual" activity, usually like bamela said telling them to stop will usually work but on the occasion i doesnt there are a few things you can do such as; sometimes renovating will get rid of them maybe they no longer feel connected to the building, and it has been found copper and iron messes with the energy that is a spirit or you could go the old fashoned way and have a "physic" but there is a chance that are a fake, but anyway you go about it there is always achance it will not work no one knows why somethings work and others dont its just the way it is.

Old 05-10-2011, 05:50 PM

12,981 posts, read 14,535,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cupcake77 View Post
Because my Mom died 5 years ago and of there was such a thing she definitely would have let me know somehow she was still around. She hasn't so I don't believe.

Maybe she has tried to let you know but you didn't realize it or recognize the signals. Do you all believe there's a logical explanation for that lighter flying across the room? ALL of you?

Old 05-10-2011, 06:02 PM

306 posts, read 135,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzymystic View Post
Do you all believe there's a logical explanation for that lighter flying across the room? ALL of you?
of course not what most people would consider logical, but i have slighly different definition for logical than most and the explination that there is a spirit for me is a logical explination. (you get used to it when you live in a haunted house then go to boarding school with its long dead founder roaming the halls.)

Old 05-10-2011, 07:44 PM

4,486 posts, read 5,224,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nitram View Post
We humans normally live in the 3rd dimension, you crossed over and experienced life in the 4th dimension...
isn't that the same place that socks disappear to?

Old 05-11-2011, 07:41 AM

1,906 posts, read 1,615,963 times
I believe in spirits, but I also don't believe every unexplainable thing is a spirit. They have better things to do with most of their time.

My family has always been quite open, and quite receptive, to the unexplained. Any time I had a startled reaction to something she did not experience, my grandmother would immediately ask me, "what did you see?" She also told me, "it's not the dead you have to fear."

Talk to your family. Ask them about their feelings, their explanations. Maybe you can formulate your own explanation, or at least something that puts you at peace, from their words, combined with your own thoughts.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal