Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-01-2011, 10:15 PM

310 posts, read 1,356,635 times

Advertisements

I want to share this story of mine because I've never really told anyone. It's strange what happened, but even more strange that after it did, both me and the other person involved just sorta went on with life like it never happened. Now that's the weirdest part. Why did we freak out and then suddenly just forget?

We begin our story with me as a young child, about 11 years old. I lived in a run-down trailer in the country, surrounded on every side, every angle, by corn fields. The farmers alternated beans with the corn every few years, but this particular summer was all corn. It was very private. We had no close neighbors at all. Closest was the hog farm about a mile away. It was summertime so I didn't have school. It was late. My mom was watching Jay Leno. I was in my room listening to music.

Out of nowhere, in an instant, came this noise. I will describe it as a hovering, whooshing, noise and it sounded like it was directly above, or on top of, our home. What was it? A helicopter? No, can't be that. It was a longer whooshing sound, almost like a vibration. It shook the whole trailer, not that it would be hard to do because of it being a trailer, that is. But it was definitely, noticeably, out of this world, not something ordinary. Couldn't be a jet, couldn't be a plane. Freaked me out.

I ran out of my room into the hallway just as my mom was running down the hallway. Then came the light. Brightest light I can describe shining right at us through the hallway window. Whatever it was, it was 'parked' behind our trailer right smack down on top of the not-yet-ready-to-be-harvested corn shining an extremely bright light directly at us!

I remember the sound. I remember the bright light. I remember looking at my mother and seeing her standing there wide-eyed and her hair literally standing on END. I have never seen a person's hair do that. Ever. I kept asking her, "What is it, what is it!" She just stared at that light like a deer stares at headlights of a car. Mesmerized. Fixated and I couldn't distract her. I don't know if it's because she was in a trance (lol) or if she just didn't have an answer. Whatever her reason for her behavior, it freaked me the bleep out, okay!

I don't remember much after that. It seemed as though I didn't even remember all that I just told you up until a few years ago when my mom brought it up. After being in the hallway, it seemed as though I blacked out, and then my mom had called her longtime boyfriend to come out to help. She was crying and hysterical until he got there.

Her boyfriend, now my stepdad, is one of those guys who does NOT believe in the unexplained, shall we say. He is a Harley biker-type man, very deep voice, raised Catholic, tall, built, looks like a badass, but really just a big teddy bear. He came out with a shotgun. Of course whatever 'it' was, was long gone.

Couldn't see very well as it was night so he just played it off as it had to of been the farmer, that they sometimes came out at night. I lived in that trailer for 9 years and I have to say I never saw one columbine or tractor out at night, buy hey I was willing to go on that. Also didn't explain the sound. But okay I played along. Not like anyone would believe us anyway. Not that I wanted to know what really happened ANYWAY. No thanks.

Next day, however, it was a little harder to brush off. Me, mom, her boyfriend, anyone with eyes to see would easily notice that there was a giant outline behind the house in the cornfield. Mysteriously enough, no path! Just flattened corn in one spot. Right behind the barbed wire fence. I can't remember what shape it was. I think circular, but it could have been square.

Now, you'd think after experiencing something like this, we all would have been more freaked out than we actually were, but it wasn't like that at all. (I did stop watching X-files) I didn't feel scared or unsafe. I went about life normally. Nobody talked about it. We ended up moving away a few years later to a house in a nice area. It's like I knew what happened and thought about the possibility of a UFO encounter, but it wasn't something I dwelled on. But my mom brought it up awhile back and got me thinking. What the hell did happen that night? Guess I'll never know...and I don't know if I'd want to.

Such a crazy story, right? Haha. So what do you think? Anyone have a similar story to share?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-01-2011, 11:31 PM

12,981 posts, read 14,527,800 times
NO! (thank God!)

Old 12-01-2011, 11:39 PM

114,838 posts, read 65,798,588 times
I encounter aliens everyday here in Texas!

Old 12-02-2011, 12:12 AM

782 posts, read 1,108,723 times
I will say upfront that I have never been "taken" by aliens, have no direct stories of aliens or sighting that I can remember...well there was one time in Seattle that I swear I saw a UFO but there were 3 of them and they were flying..not landing or anything...another story for another time. Having said all that...
When I was a little girl maybe 5 or 6 we lived on the edge of a small Texas town.. I used to see lights outside my window all the time and faces in the window..I also had a recurring dream about playing in a park with alot of other kids..the park was kind of like a forest with picnic tables and stuff...no playground toys or anything just a bunch of kids in this park. The dreams stuck with me for a long time...I hated the dreams and when I saw the lights or the faces or had the dream I would go sleep with my parents. It must have been quite a big deal because my parents NEVER let us kids sleep with them. This was in the early 60's ..fast forward to the 70's..my Dad retired and we moved to San Antonio...Our church youth group was having a BBQ at a parkto kick off the summer. My parents drove my sister and I to the park when we got there I was instantly ill..This was the park..the trees..the picnic tables...it was Olmos park in San Antonio. I was a teen ager but my parents had to take me home..I immediately ran a fever and felt weak. I never told anyone about the connection because at that point in my life I had already created enough trouble for my parents and I was keeping a very low profile.
Years later I was reading a series of books by Whitley Strieber about alien abductions and in one of those books he describes children being taken and put in a park much like my dreams... totally weird.....I went back to Olmos Park in 2002 and the same feeling of deja vu hit me all over again.

Old 12-02-2011, 06:02 AM

31,304 posts, read 32,869,458 times
Whitley Strieber’s

Dreamland

Old 12-02-2011, 09:07 AM

43,854 posts, read 51,154,207 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SATX56 View Post
I encounter aliens everyday here in Texas!
I gave birth to a couple of them.

Old 12-02-2011, 09:43 AM

15,927 posts, read 8,136,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwifruit2 View Post
Such a crazy story, right? Haha. So what do you think? Anyone have a similar story to share?

Were you or your mom on Jerry Springer a few years back???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chanygirl View Post
My parents drove my sister and I to the park when we got there I was instantly ill..This was the park..the trees..the picnic tables...it was Olmos park in San Antonio.
Years later I was reading a series of books by Whitley Strieber about alien abductions and in one of those books he describes children being taken and put in a park much like my dreams... totally weird.....I went back to Olmos Park in 2002 and the same feeling of deja vu hit me all over again.
that's freaky Chany!

..............all I ever saw at Olmos Park, was lonely men sitting in their cars smoking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GloryB View Post

Old 12-02-2011, 01:51 PM

4,486 posts, read 5,222,075 times
Quote:
Me too!

Then, I married I to a family full of them a few years later.

Aaaaanyway. The odds that life exists elsewhere in the multiverse are far better than the odds that it only exists on Earth. I do have a few theories:

We're an intergalactic penal colony (think Australia) and the UFO's are just checking up on us.

We're a leftover, way in the back of some cosmic fridge.

We're a science fair entry.

We're an interactive toy for extraterrestrial children.

We're the place aliens send the family members they don't like to talk about.

I could go on but I hear this weird buzzing sou.................

Old 12-02-2011, 02:19 PM

530 posts, read 779,338 times
Kewi is good for you.

Old 12-03-2011, 12:38 AM

114,838 posts, read 65,798,588 times
Quote:
Who's responsible for all the rest??
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal