Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-04-2014, 10:35 AM

5,126 posts, read 7,405,069 times

Advertisements

I am by no means any kind of expert in astrology, but I know a little. Here is a question about romantic relationships.

So I was reading that in Synastry for a male and female, you look at how their separate natal charts connect with each other. Whereas a Composite Chart combines their separate charts into one chart that shows how the relationship is.

I can pull up a Composite Chart online, but there is no way for me to do Synastry online as far as I can tell.

The sun and moon are said to be important and the male's sun and female's moon should be compatible.

Looking at a particular couple's natal charts, his sun is in Taurus and her moon is in Scorpio. That seems compatible.

In their composite chart, the sun and moon are quincunx or inconjunct, whichever way you want to say it. In the composite chart, the sun is in Cancer (house 8) and the moon is in Sagittarius (house 1).

So which sun/moon combination is most important? I'm assuming it's the composite chart.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-10-2014, 11:56 PM

23,209 posts, read 29,018,601 times
In Roman times, I've read, they tried hard to match up a woman's moon sign to the man's sun sign, as the moon person becomes more subservient to the sun person. Back then it was a man's world!

My mother, with her Moon in Leo, married my father, with a Leo sun sign, it just happened, call it a lunar attraction, and neither knew nothing about Astrology.

My cousin, Moon in Leo, married a Sun sign Leo, that old lunar attraction, and, again, knew nothing about Astrology.

This happens more often you think!

I have my Sun in Aries, and I have 3 long-term friends with their Moon's in Aries. But we can fight like cats and dogs! I have my Moon in Capricorn, and I have to admit to the lunar attraction to Sun sign Capricorn's, but for a relationship, both being Cardinal? No way!

Ideally, Venus and Mars sign compatibility is equally important. If you have your Venus in any of the water signs (Scorpio/Pisces/Cancer) it's best to find a partner with a similar watery Venus sign. And if your Mars are in the same element, even better!

I'm inclined to recommend similar moon signs, over anything else. I have my Moon in Capricorn, a very dark moon, and I would be seeking a partner with an equally dark moon sign, like Moon in Scorpio.

Negative Moon's and Positive Moon's just don't work well together. One is forever being negative, moody, and the other upbeat, positive. That's a recipe for untold frustrations, misery and warfare!

Old 04-11-2014, 09:24 AM

3,751 posts, read 7,668,835 times
Astro.com has synastry charts. You have to go to the chart selection page.
Both charts are important to view. As you say, one way of viewing shows the compatibility of the two people and the other describes the relationship.
So a Synastry chart would be if the two should give a relationship a go or if it will just be a disaster from the start. If they seem compatible, a Synastry chart will show them the strengths and weaknesses found in the relationships dynamic.

The composite chart placement you give are not all that great, but not all that bad either.
There will be a bit of emotional expression, intense emotional times, in good ways and when there are 'issues'. But things have the potential to get ironed out pretty easy.
With a moon in scorpio, she will tend to hide her emotions to an extent. This can be problematic, but his sun in Taurus is easy going enough and solid enough to handle it and understand it. This combination, I can see how there would be emotional eruptions found in the composite chart.

Old 04-11-2014, 11:13 PM

8,452 posts, read 15,034,390 times
When doing relationship comparisons for this couple, you should erect 3 charts: his chart overlay on hers, hers on his and the composite. So, that would be read, in order above, as his effect on her, her effect on him, and what the relationship is saying. The composite chart is the relationship as a third entity. It can produce a great relationship between people who have little in common or are even incompatible. That is because when two people "mix" it can result in something new. It should NOT be looked at by finding "him" or "her" in it. It's "them."

I personally dislike gender stereotyping using the Sun and Moon or Venus and Mars. There are women who do not identify with the traditional feminine moon qualities, for example. There are really no simplistic formulas for intimate relationships. For example, if each person has a secure self-identity, then Sun square Sun (like cardinal sign to cardinal sign) can provide some spark, IF they understand that they are equal in power, just different. This stimulation can be a great help to personal growth. But if they are insecure about who they are (often seen in relationships of young people) there can be friction, as they may play off each other as substitute parental figures.

Similarly, Moon trine Moon is nice for living together and for feeling simpatico, but habits in the relationship can become very entrenched, or the couple can take each other for granted.

Lastly, each person should know what they want and need, and rank these. If esthetics and taste are important, look for Venus aspects and sign in all the charts. But sacrifices will have to be made, that's why ranking is important. Will you give up your religion? Can you deal with having to work to communicate? Some must have deep emotional empathy. But would this be so important to a Moon in Gemini? An Aries Sun understands anger a lot better than a Libra Sun does. So each person has to know their strengths and limitations.

Old 04-12-2014, 11:12 AM

I'm not a fan or follower of the sun, moon, Venus, Mars thing either. In all my study and comparisons, I find that the midpoint between a persons sun and moon gives a more insight. And also the rising sign in relation to the other person.

Old 04-12-2014, 12:03 PM

2,438 posts, read 2,808,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OwlKaMyst View Post
I'm not a fan or follower of the sun, moon, Venus, Mars thing either. In all my study and comparisons, I find that the midpoint between a persons sun and moon gives a more insight. And also the rising sign in relation to the other person.
oh Really? My sun/ moon are both in Leo and my rising sign is in Sag. Does that make me fixed or a triple fire sign?

Edit: I have a family member that has written several astrology books but I know very little about it, although she has said I could do what she does.

Last edited by thegreenflute334; 04-12-2014 at 12:18 PM..

Old 04-12-2014, 12:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegreenflute334 View Post
oh Really? My sun/ moon are both in Leo and my rising sign is in Sag. Does that make me fixed or a triple fire sign?
I think you have taken my comment out of context. We are talking about composite and Synastry charts, not natal charts.

Old 04-12-2014, 12:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OwlKaMyst View Post
I think you have taken my comment out of context. We are talking about composite and Synastry charts, not natal charts.
Sorry, should say I know personally ( not chart wise) most people have all signs in one of their houses. I think it is rule of thumb for me would be water. I can be friends with just about anyone but as far as an intimate relationship with someone.. Aries, Cancer and a Sag is usually not a good match, or 1, 6 and 12.

Last edited by thegreenflute334; 04-12-2014 at 12:36 PM..

Old 04-12-2014, 06:44 PM

Quote:
most people have all signs in one of their houses. I think it is rule of thumb for me would be water. I can be friends with just about anyone but as far as an intimate relationship with someone.. Aries, Cancer and a Sag is usually not a good match, or 1, 6 and 12.
Could you expand on what you mean?
How is it that people have all signs in one of their houses. I cannot envision what you are refering to since signs are not in houses, and both are spread out in the astro wheel in 12 sections that overlap.
Not sure what the houses of 1, 6 and 12 are refering to as well. Do you mean someone whose sun is in these houses?

Old 04-12-2014, 08:22 PM

I don't much about astrology but my family member did a reading for me. She said I have all the signs in all of my houses and said I was like a Russian roulette wheeel. Based on my experience I would say that I have a hard time with Aries.. or the baby of the zodiac..or one, then cancer which is the June sign or sag which dec. We but heads but it is probably because I AM a triple fire sign.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal