Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-23-2012, 05:45 PM

42 posts, read 103,004 times

Advertisements

Ghosts are sometimes trapped in this world after they died from a tragic or unexpected death. Is it true that some might not even know they are dead? Can they create their own reality like they never died and continue interacting with the people they knew (but not as a ghost)? Simply continue living, continue growing up and interacting with the same people exactly like it used to be except that they are dead. Just imagine what you experience every day, what if you created this reality so you don't have to accept that you're dead and you don't want to go to the next life? it will be like a defense mechanism, can ghosts create their own realities?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-23-2012, 09:47 PM

10,481 posts, read 25,279,380 times
It sounds like a possibility, but we won't know for sure until we die and get to the other side or get stuck in between. And I really want to take my time to get there.

Old 05-23-2012, 09:50 PM

14 posts, read 37,913 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkString View Post
It sounds like a possibility, but we won't know for sure until we die and get to the other side or get stuck in between. And I really want to take my time to get there.
ohhh yes, i do too!!!. @OP i wonder about that sort of thing a lot to, it fascinating but scary at the same time.btw i believe in ghosts also.

Old 05-23-2012, 09:57 PM

4,486 posts, read 5,222,529 times
We had a woman die at our main gate 3 years ago. The accident happened so fast, maybe 5 seconds between the time she lost control and the moment she landed in our driveway breaking her neck. What made matters worse is that she was extremely drunk.

During the investigation I spent some time up at the gate talking to the police. Her spirit was there. The feelings of confusion, anger and despair were so strong. Even a couple of the cops seemed to feel it.

For over a year after the accident I could sense her spirit at the gate, especially around 4:55 in the afternoon, the time she died.

Finally, with a little help from a friend, she moved on. I don't think she realized what had happened to her. I'm just glad she's gone.

Old 05-24-2012, 12:51 AM

16,488 posts, read 24,474,571 times
I personally think that when a person dies very quickly and unexpectantly that they can become "stuck". I think they do not realize they are dead and I would suspect many of them would much rather go to the other side rather than reliving their lives here. It must be very frustrating and confusing.

Old 05-24-2012, 01:56 AM

16,077 posts, read 28,547,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarvelCapcom View Post
Ghosts are sometimes trapped in this world after they died from a tragic or unexpected death. Is it true that some might not even know they are dead? Can they create their own reality like they never died and continue interacting with the people they knew (but not as a ghost)? Simply continue living, continue growing up and interacting with the same people exactly like it used to be except that they are dead. Just imagine what you experience every day, what if you created this reality so you don't have to accept that you're dead and you don't want to go to the next life? it will be like a defense mechanism, can ghosts create their own realities?
I'm not sure why some move on and others don't.

EVP sessions prove they are creating a reality of sorts among the living in the spaces they've chosen to remain.

Old 05-24-2012, 08:52 AM

13,138 posts, read 22,807,624 times
I have a ghost hunter friend who was a very interesting EVP of a voice saying: "We're dead", clear as day.

I think it was the ghost of Captain Obvious!

Old 05-25-2012, 12:17 AM

16,488 posts, read 24,474,571 times
I was thinking about this thread today while driving and was also wondering why some spirits go to the light and others remain or are stuck. I believe in reincarnation and I also believe we are put here on earth in this life to learn a certain lesson, so we can move forward with our next life. Having said that, I wonder if it is possible that this was meant to happen, that maybe they still have lessons to learn being as these are often people that died very suddenly and unexpectantly. Any thoughts?

Old 05-25-2012, 03:05 AM

18,270 posts, read 14,424,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brokencrayola View Post
I was thinking about this thread today while driving and was also wondering why some spirits go to the light and others remain or are stuck.
It has been said that certain spirits linger when there are unresolved issues. Perhaps some of them do know very well that they are now dead, but refuse to leave because of anger issues, unfinished business, or they think they need to tell someone something they couldn't before they died.

As an example, there have been stories told of houses that were haunted , back in the days, that nobody would go near to. At night strange noises would be heard and things would be seen. People avoided these places out of real fear. But some have said that when a brave person would finally go into the house, they might meet up with a ghost that would tell them where a treasure would be buried. And they would end up rich and the ghost would finally rest. It has also been said that these ghosts would be selective sometimes, and not appear to everyone, only "certain" people that they "liked".

Others have secrets they never revealed that prevents them from resting in peace. They feel they must somehow tell someone.

Others have anger. They know they are dead and that they are being prodded to move on to another world, but refuse to leave because they want to get even with someone that hurt them while they were still alive.

And I don't know how ANY of this is real, but there are also those that are said to get lost. They might fear the light and stay away from it. Or somewhere along the way, their guides didn't do the job . But this is just speculation on anybody's part. Nobody knows for sure what happens after we are dead. I once heard on a Christian TV station how a person who had died and came back was saying that after they died, their spirit was sent to a dark place far, far away from earth and that they kept falling into an abyss. Then suddenly a multitude of what seemed to him as "demons" started to torture his spiritual body in every way. That then he called the name Jesus Christ and immediately the "demons" fled and he was transported into a place full of beauty and light.

Nobody knows for sure what will happen when we die, there are just many stories and thoughts about it from many sources.

Old 05-30-2012, 02:23 AM

23,212 posts, read 29,026,930 times
The question is: What's a tragic/unexpected death?

My dream is to die an unexpected death, like being hit by a train or semi, where I don't have a second to think about the afterlife, and will I linger on here if my dream comes true? I hope not!

I did know a man whose whife committed suicide while he was out of town on business, and he walked into the house with her sitting upright in a living room chair, with a gun by her side.

He would tell me ghostlike stories of her trying to entice him down to the basement in the middle of the night.

My partner died of AIDS (tragic?) at a younger age, and wishing and hoping there were such things as ghosts, I was more than excited that he wanted to die in our house. Why? Because I was hopeful he'd live on in our house as a ghost, give me someone to talk to, someone to entertain me over the years. I waited a year, and no sign of a ghost, anytime. It really made me angry! Perhaps he put one foot into the afterlife and said: Ain't goin' back even for a visit! Who knows?

There used to be someone who would come to my house here, in another city, and he sensed a ghostlike spirit in my house, and was always glad to leave. Myself, I've never experienced this in my house!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal