Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-16-2013, 03:23 PM

14,317 posts, read 22,381,429 times

Advertisements

Intriguing story. As you struggle through the time that you have left, contemplating your mortality, may you reflect back on your life and find that it was fulfilling, and that you have no regrets. That life as you have experienced it, is all that is promised. Life is precious as you are realizing, which is why it should be cherished with each passing breath.

After you take your last breath, may there be a realm which exist beyond our consciousness, one that is as beautiful and joyful as some would like us to believe on faith alone, one that you find yourself in.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-16-2013, 04:48 PM

311 posts, read 467,210 times
serenic...thanks for sharing your wonderful story. It sounds to me like you have a gift. Maybe you waited this long to tell your story in order to share it with us, on this thread. I hope you feel our creative energy coming back to you.

Old 01-18-2013, 01:13 PM

25 posts, read 28,405 times
flower, I appreciate your response to my post, I received several responses which were welcoming and encouraging, they did indeed energize me.

I noted your response concerning precognitive dreams on another thread, I imagine that dream and its consequence was the source of your user name.

I wonder if I may impose upon you by asking for assistance on the use of this board. I was locked-out from the board yesterday for double posting a message. I'm not too savvy on computer use and find my way here too puzzling and fear I may be disbarred as a member with continuing mistakes. I ask for your help because you are a senior member and I sense, a kind person.

When several responses occur in a short span of time, how can you reply to an individual when there is only one reply button at the bottom of several responses, without having to choose a quick reply?

Can a single reply be posted simultaneously to several respondents?

There seems to be several other areas that may be helpful which I can't understand and perhaps you can explain.

Thanks in advance,
serenic

Old 01-18-2013, 01:32 PM

2,117 posts, read 1,880,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by serenic View Post
flower, I appreciate your response to my post, I received several responses which were welcoming and encouraging, they did indeed energize me.

I noted your response concerning precognitive dreams on another thread, I imagine that dream and its consequence was the source of your user name.

I wonder if I may impose upon you by asking for assistance on the use of this board. I was locked-out from the board yesterday for double posting a message. I'm not too savvy on computer use and find my way here too puzzling and fear I may be disbarred as a member with continuing mistakes. I ask for your help because you are a senior member and I sense, a kind person.

When several responses occur in a short span of time, how can you reply to an individual when there is only one reply button at the bottom of several responses, without having to choose a quick reply?

Can a single reply be posted simultaneously to several respondents?

There seems to be several other areas that may be helpful which I can't understand and perhaps you can explain.

Thanks in advance,
serenic
Serenic, thank you for your story. I'm not flower, but can answer this question so you no longer run the risk of being banned because of overzealous moderation.

Below this message, there will be an icon labelled "quote", click quote and it will prompt you to a reply screen, in which, you will see the message to which you wish to reply.

For Example:

Old 01-18-2013, 03:16 PM

311 posts, read 467,210 times
Thanks..Some_Random_Guy...You explained better than I could. Serenic I'm still learning alot of things myself about posting. Put ask away..if I don't know someone else will. thank you for your response.

Old 01-18-2013, 06:57 PM

Julian, it just occurred to me that since you have so many disturbing dreams it may be helpful to watch Stephen La Berge on Utube and read some of his books which are listed on Google. I know you are somewhat familiar with lucid dreams but if you really apply yourself and maintain awareness that you are dreaming while in the rem state you may be able to come face to face with some of your demons and gain some insight.

Many years ago I read his book, I believe it was "Demons and Out of Body Experiences" (I'm not too sure of the title) which was an excellent guide into the lucid process, it is clearly written and easy to understand. I made some good gains, but didn't pursue it far enough. You should be a good candidate as you seem highly motivated.

Old 01-18-2013, 09:26 PM

1,909 posts, read 2,538,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Some_Random_Guy View Post
Serenic, thank you for your story. I'm not flower, but can answer this question so you no longer run the risk of being banned because of overzealous moderation.

Below this message, there will be an icon labelled "quote", click quote and it will prompt you to a reply screen, in which, you will see the message to which you wish to reply.

For Example:

To quote multiple posts all in one post, click on the " button next to the quote button.

When reading a long thread that I know I want to post on, I often multi quote and then quote the last post and delete if I am not saying anything to that poster.

You can also delete parts of quoted text as long as you leave the brackets and quotes alone.

I hope this helps.

Serenic, I have to join the "way to go" club. Great post!

Old 01-19-2013, 02:12 PM

4,486 posts, read 5,223,303 times
That was an awesome story! Very visual.

Old 02-11-2013, 07:25 PM

Some afterthoughts of my precognitive experience:

I guess my vision seen on the cover of a food tray is not so different from a fortune teller gazing into a crystal ball, although I believe this is a practice of charlatans. The fact is that I was in a state of high consciousness. I believe being in that state, perhaps, allowed me to portend the presence of my hospital roommate two days in advance.During and after the appearance of the vision, I had no thought that it was portentous and accepted it as a strange vision along with the preceding visions seen earlier that day.

The question arises,"What was the significance of that omen? That individual had no connection to me other than appearing in the same room. It opens up questions about time and different dimensions. Did the fact of his wife dying in a room a few feet down the corridor from mine have any bearing? I am not religious, although the experience changed me from being an atheist to an agnostic. The experience removed any fear of death and the beyond, but made me aware that there is a dimension beyond our materialistic world that is unexplainable.

Experiences of this sort are usually believed to have religious significance. While there was some wonder and awe, I can't
accept that belief. Nor can I believe a special learning experience was meant for me. Yes, there was some learning, leaving me more open to the paranormal, but despite my wonderment, it remains unexplainable. What was most memorable about this experience is the uncluttered thought and peaceful acuity of mind despite struggling for breath for several days.

Old 02-17-2013, 08:42 AM

While I can understand the dynamics of air flight. I still wonder how a plane weighing tons with a full load of freight or passengers can travel the skies. Of equal wonderment is how video and audio bouncing off a satellite can find its way to my PC or TV and give me choices of various programming. In the above post I question my precognitive experience which had no relevance to my personal life, yet materialized with exactitude two days later. I kept this experience to myself until coming on this board 26 years later, although it filled me with the same wonderment expressed above. Perhaps in time we will have a clearer understanding of this phenomena and actually use it in a controlled and productive manner.

Although I have had several dreams which at first appeared to be precognitive, upon analysis only two were portentous and the rest deemed to be coincidental. However, my hospital experience occurred not only when I was awake, but in a state of high consciousness that surmounted the struggle to breathe. I questioned the doctors whether any of the medication that was being infused may have any hallucinatory effects. to which they responded negatively. Certainly, hysteria wasn't even a possibility as
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal