Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-31-2013, 12:24 AM

3,105 posts, read 3,834,937 times

Advertisements

We decompose, unless you happen to freeze to death in which case you become a meat popsicle until you thaw out. Then you decompose.

Or you can combust and you become heat and ash, or if eaten alive or dead you become food.

Pretty simple really...

Old 01-31-2013, 12:37 AM

Location: Central Bay Area, CA as of Jan 2010...but still a proud Texan from Houston!
7,484 posts, read 10,449,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado^ View Post
We decompose, unless you happen to freeze to death in which case you become a meat popsicle until you thaw out. Then you decompose.

Or you can combust and you become heat and ash, or if eaten alive or dead you become food.

Pretty simple really...
If that is your reality...but what happens to our conscious energy/spirit/soul?

If you ever experienced a true lucid dream or OBE you would come to understand what consciousness is.

Old 01-31-2013, 03:08 AM

12,477 posts, read 17,796,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado^ View Post

Pretty simple really...
your're speaking of the body. That has nothing to do with the soul.

Old 01-31-2013, 03:24 AM

16,431 posts, read 22,202,108 times
It is my belief that immediately after physical death, we all face judgment. The saved will appear before the Judgment Seat of Christ where they will be rewarded for their works in life, some rewarded more, some less in accord with their works. The lost will face the Great White Throne Judgment where they will be condemned for their sins and cast into the Lake of Fire. Then begins Eternity.

Old 01-31-2013, 04:09 AM

Location: Central Bay Area, CA as of Jan 2010...but still a proud Texan from Houston!
7,484 posts, read 10,449,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bideshi View Post
It is my belief that immediately after physical death, we all face judgment. The saved will appear before the Judgment Seat of Christ where they will be rewarded for their works in life, some rewarded more, some less in accord with their works. The lost will face the Great White Throne Judgment where they will be condemned for their sins and cast into the Lake of Fire. Then begins Eternity.
I think you are in for a very surprising awakening when you die.

Old 01-31-2013, 04:17 AM

16,431 posts, read 22,202,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVC15 View Post
Or you...

Old 01-31-2013, 05:16 AM

11,760 posts, read 14,656,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PippySkiddles View Post
that's because ALL suffering ceases to exist in the spirit world. Any pain and suffering experienced prior to death is clearly understood in the after life. In fact Everything is clearly understood, there is total tranquility,peace and love.
And,by the way--there is no hell.
Why would anyone think that suffering ceases but pleasure does not cease?

There's only one reason: wishful thinking.

Old 01-31-2013, 06:30 AM

651 posts, read 705,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bideshi View Post
I thought Jesus died so we did not have to, now we have to be judged? LOL Did you know that the Jesus myth as it is IMO a myth was taken from older religions? The Jews stole the whole consept of a messia from older religions. The epic of Gelgamesh is a flood myth that predates the bible writers by some 2000 years. Its all about a wicked world that has to be destroied and god tells Gelgamesh to build and arch and put all the animals in it well you know the drill.

Dionysus was born of a virgin on December 25 and, as the Holy Child, was placed in a manger. He was a traveling teacher who performed miracles. He “rode in a triumphal procession on an ass.” He was a sacred king killed and eaten in an eucharistic ritual for fecundity and purification. Dionysus rose from the dead on March 25. He was the God of the Vine, and turned water into wine. He was called “King of Kings” and “God of Gods.” He was considered the “Only Begotten Son,” Savior,” “Redeemer,” “Sin Bearer,” Anointed One,” and the “Alpha and Omega.” He was identified with the Ram or Lamb. His sacrificial title of “Dendrites” or “Young Man of the Tree” intimates he was hung on a tree or crucified.

Zoroaster was born of a virgin and “immaculate conception by a ray of divine reason.” He was baptized in a river. In his youth he astounded wise men with his wisdom. He was tempted in the wilderness by the devil. He began his ministry at age 30. Zoroaster baptized with water, fire and “holy wind.” He cast out demons and restored the sight to a blind man. He taught about heaven and hell, and revealed mysteries, including resurrection, judgment, salvation and the apocalypse. He had a sacred cup or grail. He was slain. His religion had a eucharist. He was the “Word made flesh.” Zoroaster’s followers expected a “second coming” in the virgin-born Saoshynt or Savior, who is to come in 2341 AD and begin his ministry at age 30, ushering in a golden age.

Horus.
Born of a virgin, Isis. Only begotten son of the God Osiris. Birth heralded by the star Sirius, the morning star. Ancient Egyptians paraded a manger and child representing Horus through the streets at the time of the winter solstice (about DEC-21). In reality, he had no birth date; he was not a human. Death threat during infancy: Herut tried to have Horus murdered. Handling the threat: The God That tells Horus’ mother “Come, thou goddess Isis, hide thyself with thy child.” An angel tells Jesus’ father to: “Arise and take the young child and his mother and flee into Egypt.” Break in life history: No data between ages of 12 & 30. Age at baptism: 30. Subsequent fate of the baptiser: Beheaded. Walked on water, cast out demons, healed the sick, restored sight to the blind. Was crucifed, descended into Hell; resurrected after three days.

These are only a few of that pre date Jesus and are almost exactly the same myth. Now an adhoc apoligist will say yes but satan knew Jesus was coming so he made false gods. If you want to believe there is no evidence that will shake that belief. Heck look at Charlie Manson, those women would not move even after the horror he directed.

Old 01-31-2013, 06:39 AM

651 posts, read 705,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PippySkiddles View Post
your're speaking of the body. That has nothing to do with the soul.
What is the soul? Where is this soul thing when peoples minds go wonky? And if they heal and have their normal mental capacity? Where was this soul? Is it more likely that some soul that is separate from the body went away for a bit and returned or is it more likely that memories and reason are part of the brain, and if damaged are like a computer with its memory, if it crashes and can be recovered is like it was before and if not its just gone? No computer soul floating around? I truly do like the idea of an ever lasting soul that goes on to some wonderful place and we all live happily ever after but is that really reasonable? I can't believe in things that are or seem to be fantasy. If anyone can show me any kind of proof besides the usual I feel it or you can see god in a tree or baby's face, please don't keep it to your self. I would love to know this is a real thing. But just as one by one over the years all mediums and psychic people are known as frauds so to the so called proofs.

I know I will get the same old thing that my old partner in business who was a Jehovah's Witness would tell me, You just don't want to see the bigger picture. Well not true, the so called bigger picture was to just follow just believe. If I did not question I would still be a Jehovah's Witness and they have been shown to be wrong time and again and guess what, the believers cling even tighter to the religion.

Old 01-31-2013, 07:15 AM

4,045 posts, read 4,431,622 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVC15 View Post
It is written...besides why take chances?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal