U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 10-05-2010, 06:55 PM
 
Location: PRC
2,705 posts, read 2,982,950 times
Reputation: 2457

Advertisements

This is totally different from proving that "All proof of UFOs is fake" like in another thread.

It is easy to dismiss transient UFO sightings, but aliens or alien artifacts photographed by the various space agencies are more difficult to dismiss.
The people who completely discount UFOs cannot dismiss aliens so easily because the same photographs which are used by scientists to discover geological features are used to identify these alien artifacts.

There is another thread discussing UFO evidence and how the OP thinks it is all fake. In a way, it is like trying to prove the existence of the Loch Ness Monster or the giant sea octopus or even the Marie Celeste ghost ship. It is all circumstancial evidence experienced by a few and perhaps some photoshopping experiments.

It is said that many many people believe there are aliens out there, and there have been more reports and articles in the news lately it seems. Scientists are openly coming out and saying in public that they believe aliens exist (Bulgarian governmental scientist for example), Stephen Hawking has warned us we should not talk to aliens as they may be unfriendly, so this is another scientist who believes in the possibility aliens exist. The UN has recently appointed an ambassador to aliens too.

So, I would like the alien disbelievers to pop their head above the parapet and say why they continue to disbelieve in the face of so much evidence in the scientific photographs which is not purely geological in nature.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 10-05-2010, 07:10 PM
 
6,039 posts, read 9,211,258 times
Reputation: 3933
There's a big difference between saying "I believe in the possibility of other life in the universe", or "I believe in the possibility of other intelligent life in the universe", or "I believe there is other intelligent life in the universe and that they have visited our planet".

Three VERY different topics. I assume what you are trying to say is that you believe the third statement. Correct? If that's the case, then I have to say: Show me the evidence. Show me an alien's body, or a live alien, or an alien's spaceship, or some sort of obviously alien technology. Something to back up the claims that they're out there, and they've been here.

So far, I haven't seen anything like that. Does that mean intelligent aliens don't exist? Of course not. But the onus is on those of you saying they're here to show the rest of us proof. Personally, I think there is a far, far greater chance of intelligent alien life than there is for any sort of god-being. Since it's already been proven that intelligent life exists in this universe, that makes it far more statistically probable that it's happened again somewhere else.

But that still doesn't mean they've been here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-05-2010, 08:00 PM
 
6,249 posts, read 9,652,467 times
Reputation: 4656
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercury Cougar View Post
Show me an alien's body, or a live alien, or an alien's spaceship, or some sort of obviously alien technology.
Link to the Roswell Alien Autopsy
YouTube - Roswell Alien Autopsy


YouTube - Alien Autopsy Secrets Revealed

Here is a link to a more detailed version of the above video.
YouTube - Alien AUTOPSY tiny ebe


UFO supposedly recorded by the Italian Airforce

YouTube - UFO sul Cellina

And if you think anything posted above are fakes (they could be for all that I know) listen to the witness testimony of Arizona's former governor.


YouTube - Phoenix Lights was an alien spacecraft, former AZ Gov. says
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-05-2010, 08:40 PM
 
16,301 posts, read 24,228,573 times
Reputation: 8261
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbancharlotte View Post

And if you think anything posted above are fakes (they could be for all that I know) listen to the witness testimony of Arizona's former governor.
And the fact that he was governor indicates what exactly? "Eyewitness" testimony has been proven time and time again to be completely worthless, and being governor adds nothing to his credibility.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-05-2010, 08:55 PM
 
6,249 posts, read 9,652,467 times
Reputation: 4656
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asheville Native View Post
And the fact that he was governor indicates what exactly? "Eyewitness" testimony has been proven time and time again to be completely worthless, and being governor adds nothing to his credibility.
This is true (to an extent). Unfortunately, I can not fully co-sign any video or pic that I haven't taken myself. Also, I did not get pictures of the craft that I saw up close in Kentucky about three years ago, so all I have is a "story" (a story I don't like telling because I have no picture or video proof that it happened). In all honesty, I have convinced myself that it was "just a dream" and never happened in real life. My memory of the details of that event ends after seeing a very bright white light shining on me from the craft. Again, it just seems like a dream, so we'll just call it that. (so PLEASE, no anal probe jokes!!!)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-05-2010, 08:59 PM
 
6,039 posts, read 9,211,258 times
Reputation: 3933
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbancharlotte View Post
This is true (to an extent). Unfortunately, I can not fully co-sign any video or pic that I haven't taken myself. Also, I did not get pictures of the craft that I saw up close in Kentucky about three years ago, so all I have is a "story" (a story I don't like telling because I have no picture or video proof that it happened). In all honesty, I have convinced myself that it was "just a dream" and never happened in real life. My memory of the details of that event ends after seeing a very bright white light shining on me from the craft. Again, it just seems like a dream, so we'll just call it that. (so PLEASE, no anal probe jokes!!!)
Sorry, YouTube isn't proof.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-05-2010, 09:22 PM
 
6,249 posts, read 9,652,467 times
Reputation: 4656
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercury Cougar View Post
Sorry, YouTube isn't proof.
Um, one of those videos (the governor) was on CNN before it made it's way onto youtube. Besides, YOU were the one that asked to see a body. How else could I show you an alleged alien autopsy? Would you have preferred Google video instead? LOL!


Google Image Result for http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_mmBw3uzPnJI/SpfD6n8mFoI/AAAAAAAAuU0/txB8r_vvC40/s400/aliens_10.jpg
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-05-2010, 09:43 PM
 
Location: NC, USA
7,088 posts, read 12,698,087 times
Reputation: 3975
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asheville Native View Post
And the fact that he was governor indicates what exactly? "Eyewitness" testimony has been proven time and time again to be completely worthless, and being governor adds nothing to his credibility.
Are you seriously suggesting that a politician would........ LIE?????
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-05-2010, 11:05 PM
 
Location: Victoria, BC.
30,038 posts, read 30,671,240 times
Reputation: 12213
Your Santilli alien autopsy video is an admitted fraud...Didn't you know that, what with all the research you claim to have done?

The supposed autopsy first gained prominence during the 1990s when Ray Santilli, a London-based video entrepreneur, promoted a 17 minute black and white film purporting to be footage of the autopsy. In 1995, the film was sold to television networks internationally and broadcast with high viewer ratings in more than 32 countries.

In 2006, Santilli admitted the film was not entirely authentic, claiming that it was a reconstruction of lost footage of an actual alien autopsy film that he viewed and that a few of the frames embedded in his video were from the original. After this admission, Santilli's film is largely considered a hoax.

While dismissed as fantasy by most people, belief that alien autopsies have been carried out forms a core component of a number of UFO conspiracy theories, though the term itself is used within UFOlogy, fiction, and in popular culture, regardless of the factual status of the imagery that is being presented. Alien autopsy - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-06-2010, 12:15 AM
 
6,249 posts, read 9,652,467 times
Reputation: 4656
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
Your Santilli alien autopsy video is an admitted fraud...Didn't you know that, what with all the research you claim to have done?

The supposed autopsy first gained prominence during the 1990s when Ray Santilli, a London-based video entrepreneur, promoted a 17 minute black and white film purporting to be footage of the autopsy. In 1995, the film was sold to television networks internationally and broadcast with high viewer ratings in more than 32 countries.

In 2006, Santilli admitted the film was not entirely authentic, claiming that it was a reconstruction of lost footage of an actual alien autopsy film that he viewed and that a few of the frames embedded in his video were from the original. After this admission, Santilli's film is largely considered a hoax.

While dismissed as fantasy by most people, belief that alien autopsies have been carried out forms a core component of a number of UFO conspiracy theories, though the term itself is used within UFOlogy, fiction, and in popular culture, regardless of the factual status of the imagery that is being presented. Alien autopsy - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
First of all, I never claim any video to be true if I didn't shoot it myself (you will notice that I already said this in my post). Also, there are quite a few news stories from around the World that show alleged pictures of alien-like creatures (I haven't posted any of these news stories yet simply because anyone can find them if they choose to look). FWIW, the bulk of my research are witnesses and UFO reports from the past. One of the more interesting stories I am currently researching is Winston Churchill's alleged UFO cover-up. It seems he was worried about aliens ruining religion. For some reason, the early 1950s was very important when it comes to this topic. I am still trying to find out all of the "dirt" on this time period.

Secondly, I wouldn't be so quick to use Wiki's arguments against anything on the topic of aliens. The reason why I say this is that crop-circles are a scientifically proven phenomenon. According to wiki however, all crop circles are made by humans using primitive tools like wires. This is simply not true.

Finally, I am personally more interested in what credible witnesses have to say about this topic (because I know that any video I did not shoot myself could be a fake). Here is my line of thinking. I am not concerned about what is "fake" or not. I am more concerned with whether or not it matches what credible witnesses from around the World claim. In other words, if the video is reality based (ie, fits what numerous credible witnesses say) then it is worth showing. Besides, I am convinced that the Moon landing video was faked (and others feel this way too). This is my main reason for not even researching the authenticity of a vid (what's the point if the official Moon vid was a fake). Who can you trust ya know? Anyways, I do believe we went to the moon; I just feel that the public video was faked to hide the truth about the moon (but that's another thread).

The bottom line is that aliens visiting Earth is not mainstream knowledge just yet; therefore we will not find much info on this topic in the mainstream. This is deliberate IMO. However, even with this "cover-up", the story is leaking like an old dry-rotted tire. IMO, too much has leaked for me to keep my head buried in the sand. Aliens are real and they have been visiting for many years. Case closed!!! I'm not "scared" nor "uncomfortable" with this truth. Wait a second? That's it!!! The worst skeptics of this topic are the ones that are most likely afraid. Now I get it. This is just "too real" for comfort for some people. WOW!!!

We've got a saying down here in the South. "If you scared, say you scared."

Last edited by urbancharlotte; 10-06-2010 at 12:36 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top