Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-01-2015, 10:50 PM

6,932 posts, read 6,866,775 times

Advertisements

Old Guard
Quote:
I have no problem with people seeking personal enlightenment and seeking answers. But when a person excludes sources of knowledge based solely on the fact that it is documented research and just states that these things are in fact unexplained it shows me they are not seeking enlightenment. I am not sure what they are seeking but a person seeking answers does not dismiss things they do not like.

Sleep paralysis is scary as heck but it has been clearly explained. Just because it is scary does not mean it cannot have a simple and logical answer.
There are always 2 sides to a discussion and the other side of this one is that documented research is usually paid for by someone with an interest in the outcome of that research. It is the way the world goes at the moment.

Answers come in many forms but they start with questioning the accepted "facts" as others see them rather than going along with the crowd of people all shouting "hear, hear" from the gallery. To many people patting each other on the back and saying 'good job'.

However, as I said, I - for my part - have no problem with people believing authority is correct, but it is the blind faith in science which I just dont think is warranted.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-04-2015, 11:54 PM

5,126 posts, read 7,407,299 times
Mandy, I haven't read very many of the other replies, so I might be repeating what others have said.

YOU have the control. Consider reading the Long Island Medium's book because she didn't know how to control the things she was seeing and experiencing from childhood. She went to a mentor who taught her how to set boundaries.

The main thing is that you can set boundaries on what you are willing to see and when you are willing to see them. There is a lot of information out there on this subject by people who have been in your shoes.

Old 08-19-2015, 12:35 PM

1 posts, read 643 times
I think Tourian is onto something here!

Old 08-19-2015, 12:50 PM

5,718 posts, read 7,255,328 times
Who is Webb Wilder?

Webb Wilder is the last of the full-grown men.
The last of the boarding-house people.
A guy who knows every plate lunch joint and thrift shop in town.
Webb Wilder is an electrifying artist.
The idol of idle youth.
And a man haunted --- by flying saucers.

www.webbwilder.com

Old 08-19-2015, 01:10 PM

16,077 posts, read 28,549,117 times

Trust your gut, even if it's a beer gut!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal