Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-13-2014, 04:16 PM

2,290 posts, read 1,433,330 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Authentic Bird View Post
Is this your drawing? It's very beautiful.

Thank you. Yes, I drew it. It was too hard to explain.

Old 09-13-2014, 05:03 PM

2,438 posts, read 2,811,518 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LargeMargeSentMe View Post
Thank you. Yes, I drew it. It was too hard to explain.
That was a great picture! You're an artist! The dream I posted here was prophetic and has already happened, but didn't happen when I posted. I don't hope to see "black eyes" for awhile or ever.

Old 09-13-2014, 05:46 PM

1,419 posts, read 2,455,630 times
Last night I had a dream or maybe it was a nightmare. I dont know ift I was caught in between sleep paralysis and a nightmare I cant remember all of it, but an evil voice was saying something to me, but I dont remember what it was and I was tingling all over and I couldnt move and it was just really scary and I was kind of freaked out. I do have sleep paralysis at least once a month and I hate it. Its a really scary experience.

Old 09-13-2014, 06:27 PM

2,438 posts, read 2,811,518 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by princesasabia View Post
Last night I had a dream or maybe it was a nightmare. I dont know ift I was caught in between sleep paralysis and a nightmare I cant remember all of it, but an evil voice was saying something to me, but I dont remember what it was and I was tingling all over and I couldnt move and it was just really scary and I was kind of freaked out. I do have sleep paralysis at least once a month and I hate it. Its a really scary experience.
Have you ever been tested for "sleep apnea" ?

A polysomnogram -- or sleep study -- is a multiple-component test that electronically transmits and records specific physical activities while you sleep.

Tests for Diagnosing Sleep Apnea

Old 09-14-2014, 04:22 AM

211 posts, read 301,939 times
Strangest dream I had was one where I was at my first birthday. I have photos from nearly 40 years ago and the dream was based on those photos. At one point I pick my 1 year old self up and the feeling was utterly unique. There was a bond, a sense of love that was very different from anything I've ever felt before. I was a plump baby and I could feel the weight of myself in my hands. I watched my 1 year old self turn and gurgle at me and I can't quite describe the feeling - it was magical, to say the least

Old 09-14-2014, 09:19 AM

2,290 posts, read 1,433,330 times
Quote:
princesasabia: Last night I had a dream or maybe it was a nightmare. I dont know ift I was caught in between sleep paralysis and a nightmare I cant remember all of it, but an evil voice was saying something to me, but I dont remember what it was and I was tingling all over and I couldnt move and it was just really scary and I was kind of freaked out. I do have sleep paralysis at least once a month and I hate it. Its a really scary experience.
Sleep paralysis is so scary! I've only experienced it maybe twice and not in a long time, but I never want to experience it again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegreenflute334 View Post
That was a great picture! You're an artist! The dream I posted here was prophetic and has already happened, but didn't happen when I posted. I don't hope to see "black eyes" for awhile or ever.
Thanks. I don't think of myself as one. It's just something I've always liked.

Old 09-16-2014, 06:34 PM

197 posts, read 184,305 times
I was in a medium sized room that had chairs lined up against the walls, with the center of the room empty. People were seated in the chairs, like they were waiting for a doctor or dentist appointment. I really couldn't see the people since the room was full of shadows, but I could sense they were there. There was a rather slight man at the front of the room, illuminated just slightly more than everything else. He was wearing a hooded robe. He seemed to be calling the people in the chairs to the front of the room, but I never saw where they went from there. I felt as though there was a door behind the hooded man, but could not be sure. Then he called me up and I approached him from the left side, sort of behind him. Before I could walk around to see the face, he asked me "Are you afraid?" I said no. Immediately the hooded man turned around toward me just so I could catch a glimpse of his somewhat odd looking face, and he shouted "Go back again!" At that point I stumbled backward for a bit, then woke up. Not scared, sweaty or anything. Just woke up.

Old 09-17-2014, 11:51 PM

30,902 posts, read 33,008,032 times
My dreams are crazy, I mean just absolutely wild, and I remember a minimum of two a night; a maximum of four. I have read that if you wake up during a dream, you are more likely to remember it simply because typically we have a dream-deeper sleep-dream-deeper sleep pattern and if we remain asleep after the dream, we're back into that deeper sleep. (Hope that made sense.) I wake up many times a night - have ever since I had my first baby and would waken frequently for him, and somehow it just never stopped. So I'm assuming that's why: because generally I wake up after/during each dream.

My "strangest" dream would probably take pages and pages to write, so I'm not going to do that.

Instead, I have a question. When I was a very little girl, I woke up and saw a man-shape made up of quivering red and white? - yellow? - bands, almost like cords and sinew, kind of...lines like that, standing in my doorway. The image was VERY clear. Not shadowy, not vague in any way. I was terrified (obviously). I ducked under my covers, too scared even to scream. Finally I lifted my covers a hair and he was gone. I know it wasn't a dream as I didn't fall asleep the rest of the night (from fear) and then got up for my breakfast.

Anyone have a clue? I welcome any theories, scientific, spiritual or what-have-you. I know it wasn't dream paralysis as I was able to immediately grab for my covers and duck under.

Old 09-18-2014, 12:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hbk4894 View Post
what is the strangest dream you have ever had?

I have never had any really strange dreams , i had a dream last night that i went somewhere i think it was to school in my panajam shorts dont know why that happened also had a dream Arg from Towie was tweeting Ronan from Waterloo Road about a movie they were filming - where either came from i dont know.

also had a strange dream that i was in america and only had $20 in my wallet to get back to England - never been to America also had one where someone left a voice message on my phone saying i shouldnt go to Blackpool - i havent been planning to go to Blackpool.
Hope I'm not repeating what anyone else might have said here...

The first dream is very common, and shows a fear of being "revealed," probably not physically; that's just how your subconscious interprets things for you.

No idea on the tweeting one; maybe if you told us what it was you were tweeting?

The third dream shows a fear of exploring new things. The "voice message" was your deeper self telling your conscious (Beta brainwaves) self that the world is scary, don't explore. It may be wrong; it's more that this is revealing of how you may view new things and possibly new places in particular, but not necessarily so (again, the places themselves might just be symbolic).

Or maybe Blackpool s*cks.

JMO.

Old 09-18-2014, 12:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by D. Scott View Post
Being chased by a Bigfoot in a shopping mall. I worked in one at the time so the setting made sense. Perhaps he was unhappy with the sales prices.
Yes, he was definitely trying to put the throwdown on you so he could beat you to that red light special.

On a more serious note, your boss or a co-worker wasn't threatening/intimidating to you at the time by any chance?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal