Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-26-2014, 12:31 PM

24,122 posts, read 32,484,271 times

Advertisements

Most of us do not ask for these events. They happen usually when we are quite young. Their occurrence, because it is unusual, leaves an impact on many of us. Naturally, we begin to read about it, or watch movies and television shows that deal with these subjects.

Personally, I think that all people are "psychic" and that psychic ability is truly "The Sixth Sense". But I also believe that it is very connected to being generally more observant than the average person. I think that highly observant people are more likely to have these experiences, both psychic and paranormal.

I also want the OP to know that not many of us tell our neighbors, co-workers or casual friends about these events. We may even have close friends and relatives who are skeptics and would make light - or worse - of such experiences.

The funny think is, that I am of the opinion that many people who make the most fun of these events, are frightened of them. Not all, but some.

I can't tell you how many times the I've gotten a phone call from a formerly skeptical friend who has said "Something very strange has happened to me, and I thought that you might understand."

Many polls, such as the one sighted up thread, reveal that more people than one might imagine have had paranormal experiences.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-26-2014, 01:36 PM

14,164 posts, read 27,231,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheena12 View Post
Most of us do not ask for these events. They happen usually when we are quite young. Their occurrence, because it is unusual, leaves an impact on many of us. Naturally, we begin to read about it, or watch movies and television shows that deal with these subjects.

Personally, I think that all people are "psychic" and that psychic ability is truly "The Sixth Sense". But I also believe that it is very connected to being generally more observant than the average person. I think that highly observant people are more likely to have these experiences, both psychic and paranormal.

I also want the OP to know that not many of us tell our neighbors, co-workers or casual friends about these events. We may even have close friends and relatives who are skeptics and would make light - or worse - of such experiences.

The funny think is, that I am of the opinion that many people who make the most fun of these events, are frightened of them. Not all, but some.

I can't tell you how many times the I've gotten a phone call from a formerly skeptical friend who has said "Something very strange has happened to me, and I thought that you might understand."

Many polls, such as the one sighted up thread, reveal that more people than one might imagine have had paranormal experiences.
I learned quickly not to bother telling the story about our dog's spirit to much of anyone. Most people I told just looked at me like I was nuts. Trust me, I was the biggest skeptic in the world. But when evidence slaps me in the face, I get it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal