Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-12-2014, 03:33 PM

8,452 posts, read 15,046,521 times

Advertisements

Most paranormal experiences occur spontaneously, outside of laboratory conditions.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-15-2014, 03:05 AM

30,902 posts, read 33,008,032 times
Sigh.

I too wish there were some solid evidence of the paranormal (or, well, certain subsets of it, I mean obviously "the paranormal" is a huge umbrella). In fact, I've spent my entire life searching for that "something else." Have never come up with a darned thing. Not one thing.

I know a few people on here see me as a skeptic (or cynical)...I AM a skeptic...but as for the cynicism...no indeed. I DO wish there were more "out there" (or right here) than meets the eye. I have hoped for it, wished for it, prayed for it.

But I have never come up with one shred of anything that even came close to "irrefutable."

Yet still I'll watch this thread...just in case. Not holding out a lot of hope, though.

But sure, I wish it. Even now, I wish it. Oh well.

Old 11-15-2014, 12:38 PM

9,408 posts, read 11,933,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vasily View Post
I think they moved it here:

UFO Photo : Belgium - March, 1990
I have to laugh at UFO photos where the lights are on. Why would such an advanced society, one able to travel here from who knows where, go to such distances and then leave their lights on? They'd have night/synthetic vision far more advanced than ours which negate the need for lights. They wouldn't need them for collision avoidance as their systems would be far more advanced that the TCAS systems we have now on our planes. They'd have no reason at all to blast their lights. The second I see a UFO photo taken at night, or read of stories of such, where the lights are on, it instantly screams 'fake' or 'human-sourced'.

Old 11-15-2014, 03:43 PM

3,751 posts, read 7,674,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 11thHour View Post
I have to laugh at UFO photos where the lights are on. Why would such an advanced society, one able to travel here from who knows where, go to such distances and then leave their lights on? They'd have night/synthetic vision far more advanced than ours which negate the need for lights. They wouldn't need them for collision avoidance as their systems would be far more advanced that the TCAS systems we have now on our planes. They'd have no reason at all to blast their lights. The second I see a UFO photo taken at night, or read of stories of such, where the lights are on, it instantly screams 'fake' or 'human-sourced'.
Or, perhaps that's thier manner of camouflage, to look more like something that is earthbound.
Just saying....
But I hear you...I could not watch the new Battlestar Galactica once I saw the guy wearing glasses pick up a corded handset to make an announcement.

Old 11-15-2014, 09:39 PM

4,660 posts, read 4,121,936 times
I want to thank everyone for their answers. I got real busy shortly after making the thread, so I have not had time to investigate the responses, but I am very interested and grateful. Will get back to them soon.

Old 11-17-2014, 03:19 PM

10,087 posts, read 5,736,617 times
One of my favorite documented cases is the paranormal experiences occuring on the set of a James Bond movie:

Quote:

When he looked at his photos later, he saw what could only be described as a flaming hand reaching down from inside the explosion. Even more eerie, director John Glen went through every single inch of footage filmed that day, frame by frame, and couldn’t find the hand anywhere else.
Now, it can be said that this was just a trick of light from the angle the photograph was taken. However, the exact spot where it happened has a long and checkered history; years earlier a minibus full of nuns fell over the cliff and burst into flames. Since then the road had been closed due to its “dangerous curves.â€

In addition to the flaming hand, the crew of Licence to Kill had all sorts of other mishaps over the course of filming. While filming a scene where Sanchez shoots off a Stinger missile, the prop stinger went haywire and hit a utility worker on a telephone pole more than two miles away. Other examples include the truck that mysteriously burst into flames in the middle of the night for no reason, the truck that started its engine and drove a few feet with no one behind the wheel and the apparitions that the security guards reported seeing that disappeared when challenged.
James Bond Movies: Licence to Kill - The Flaming Hand @ Universal Exports, The Home of James Bond, 007

Old 11-20-2014, 06:46 PM

2,745 posts, read 3,018,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OwlKaMyst View Post
But I hear you...I could not watch the new Battlestar Galactica once I saw the guy wearing glasses pick up a corded handset to make an announcement.

That was the WHOLE point of the ship "Battlestar Galatica" it was an antique, and the first episode was it's moth-balling ceremony to put it into a museum. It's ALSO the reason why the Cylons couldn't take it over so easily, (such as with a computer virus) because everything was de-centralized, and just plain antique.

So, unfortunately you didn't get the point right from the start and missed out on a mostly fantastic series done well.

As for proving the supernatural, that would be the same as 100% proving that God exists. I believe he does, and I can't under any circumstances believe that the universe could have created even the tiniest little thing all by itself. However, my belief doesn't prove anything. It takes an act of FAITH. As for any "real" supernatural event, you can BET somebody would be capable of duplicating it completely. Especially with all our technology today.

I personally don't believe aliens exist. I believe Satan and demons in general create the belief in aliens as a mis-direction for people. After all, how many times have you heard certain people that say that we'd all be fine "once the aliens land and give us the technology to lift us to their level" (or whatever). As long as we in general believe that "aliens" can 'save us', there's no longer a need for us to trust God to 'save us'. So Satan and demons WIN by perpetuating the belief in aliens.

Then again, God didn't mention aliens in the Bible, but that's no guaranteed proof that he couldn't have also created them, beyond creating Humans and Angels.

Anyway, I personally do believe that most supernatural activity that is capable of real-time interaction is strictly demon (or sometimes angel, if the activity is not trying to deceive in some way) activity that we SOMETIMES are able to perceive in some limited way. I also believe that certain "ghosts" and things are some sort of "place memory" recording that happens for whatever reason(s) unknown at times in that area.

Old 11-20-2014, 10:33 PM

3,222 posts, read 4,571,179 times
Once you see a ghost, a UFO, or Big Foot yourself you will no longer be a skeptic.

You will be like many, including myself, who proclaim, ''I know what I saw.''

I no longer need to ''prove'' anything to anyone. Most people won't believe it until they have an experience for themselves.

Old 11-23-2014, 09:33 AM

4,526 posts, read 6,087,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FeelinLow View Post
Once you see a ghost, a UFO, or Big Foot yourself you will no longer be a skeptic.

I no longer need to ''prove'' anything to anyone. Most people won't believe it until they have an experience for themselves.
very well said! i second this!

Old 11-23-2014, 10:07 AM

16,077 posts, read 28,561,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FeelinLow View Post

Absolutely, similar to the absurd realization the world wasn't flat.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal