Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-29-2014, 12:19 PM

22,475 posts, read 12,014,567 times

Advertisements

How about sharing your stories?

One day, over a year ago, I was driving along a somewhat busy street in my town. The speed limit is 40 mph. I was behind a car that, for the most part, was doing the speed limit. Occasionally, he would drop below it. Many times, in that situation, I would change lanes. Instead, that day I found myself thinking this: "Just say behind him. He's driving okay". So, that's what I did, making sure not to tailgate. Well...further up the road, there was a cop with a radar gun! So, staying behind that car guaranteed that I wouldn't get a lead foot!

This happened to my daughter --- She used to have a 30 mile commute to her job and often got out of work very late in the evening. As she was driving home on her usual route, she came across McDonald's and suddenly found herself with a strong urge to get a McFlurry. This surprised her since she hadn't had one in years. So, she got in the line for the drive-through window. Since it was late and most places were closed, it was understandably busy. As she was waiting in line, she found herself feeling annoyed and wondering why she was doing this. In all, it took her 1/2 hour to get her McFlurry. After getting it, she continued on her way. A short distance up the road, she came across the aftermath of a very bad accident. Ambulances, police cars and fire trucks were on the scene. She thought to herself "If I didn't stop at McDonald's, I just might have been in that accident!"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-29-2014, 02:34 PM

3,751 posts, read 7,677,517 times
Jung called such instances, sychrinicity.

These experiences do not exactly fall under the 'guidelines' of a premonition.
However that does not take away from any protective divine intervention.

Old 11-29-2014, 05:05 PM

^True. I told my daughter that her angels were looking out for her.

Old 11-30-2014, 07:45 PM

95 posts, read 101,725 times
Default almost

had a situation where I was on my way to work, it is a 2 lane going the same direction I was behind a tractor trailer and in the right lane. don't know how many cars were in front of the tractor trailer since I was behind him but their was 6 cars on the left waiting for the light to change. as I approached the tractor trailer slowing down I said to my self do I get into the left lane and get around the tractor trailor or just wait till the cars all get around him then get into the left lane to pass him...
as I was making up my mind a car in the left lane zoooomed past me and thought to my self where are you going those cars are at a dead stop, before I could complete the thought he ran into the back of the last car in left lane. He never hit his breaks. first thought was that could have been you if you had decided to get in the left lane. pulled over first chance I got to call 911 as did others, continued on my way to work a nervous wreck. I always thought that there was some devine intervention for me not to have made that choice to get into the left lane as I would have been that car that got hit! scary

Old 12-01-2014, 11:07 AM

88,619 posts, read 84,875,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post

One day, over a year ago, I was driving along a somewhat busy street in my town. The speed limit is 40 mph. I was behind a car that, for the most part, was doing the speed limit. Occasionally, he would drop below it. Many times, in that situation, I would change lanes. Instead, that day I found myself thinking this: "Just say behind him. He's driving okay". So, that's what I did, making sure not to tailgate. Well...further up the road, there was a cop with a radar gun! So, staying behind that car guaranteed that I wouldn't get a lead foot!

This happened to my daughter --- She used to have a 30 mile commute to her job and often got out of work very late in the evening. As she was driving home on her usual route, she came across McDonald's and suddenly found herself with a strong urge to get a McFlurry. This surprised her since she hadn't had one in years. So, she got in the line for the drive-through window. Since it was late and most places were closed, it was understandably busy. As she was waiting in line, she found herself feeling annoyed and wondering why she was doing this. In all, it took her 1/2 hour to get her McFlurry. After getting it, she continued on her way. A short distance up the road, she came across the aftermath of a very bad accident. Ambulances, police cars and fire trucks were on the scene. She thought to herself "If I didn't stop at McDonald's, I just might have been in that accident!"
I've had similar experiences. I used to drive about 30 miles into Manhattan every day, pretty much taking the same route. I was young at the time and had gotten in trouble a few times for tardiness due to some of the late-night activities in which I used to indulge, so it was important that I get to work on time, and if you know anything about the NY/NJ metro area, it should be that traffic can be horrendous and unpredictable. Leaving ten minutes later can mean the difference between a ten-minute wait at a tunnel to the city or a 30-minute wait.

I pulled out of the driveway one morning and very strongly understood that I should take an alternate route. The route I had to take was usually the worst one, an older, narrow highway that backed up very fast in the morning. That highway would eventually meet up with the highway I normally took. However, I paid attention to the inner voice and went with the alternate route. When I got to the point where the two highways met, usually a huge merging jam, I was amazed to see that there was NO traffic--until I looked toward the way I usually came and saw why. A tractor-trailer was lying on its side blocking the whole highway, and no traffic from that road could get to the merge point. I sailed on through faster than normal.

Not such a good day for the guy in the truck or the people on my regular highway, but it worked out for me. And I paid attention to that strong inner voice.

I've had other incidents over the years, too numerous to mention, but it's become second nature now. I listen to my intuition and watch for synchronocity. It rarely shows up for the big events--I was in the WTC on 911 and blithely free of any premonition whatsoever until AA11 slammed into us. But for everyday decisions and choices, it's there.

Old 12-01-2014, 01:28 PM

23,766 posts, read 29,078,063 times
Quote:

lots of calories and fat in those McFlurrys, hopefully that one wasn't the thing that led to future health issues and if only she hadn't had that impromptu stop or had gotten a salad instead....

Old 12-01-2014, 03:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghengis View Post
lots of calories and fat in those McFlurrys, hopefully that one wasn't the thing that led to future health issues and if only she hadn't had that impromptu stop or had gotten a salad instead....
Gee...McFlurrys have lots of calories and fat? Really? I didn't know this and neither did my daughter/sarcasm.

It's so nice that you are worried about her health just because she had 1 McFlurry for the first time in years

You seem to miss the whole point of this thread

Old 12-01-2014, 03:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
I've had similar experiences. I used to drive about 30 miles into Manhattan every day, pretty much taking the same route. I was young at the time and had gotten in trouble a few times for tardiness due to some of the late-night activities in which I used to indulge, so it was important that I get to work on time, and if you know anything about the NY/NJ metro area, it should be that traffic can be horrendous and unpredictable. Leaving ten minutes later can mean the difference between a ten-minute wait at a tunnel to the city or a 30-minute wait.

I pulled out of the driveway one morning and very strongly understood that I should take an alternate route. The route I had to take was usually the worst one, an older, narrow highway that backed up very fast in the morning. That highway would eventually meet up with the highway I normally took. However, I paid attention to the inner voice and went with the alternate route. When I got to the point where the two highways met, usually a huge merging jam, I was amazed to see that there was NO traffic--until I looked toward the way I usually came and saw why. A tractor-trailer was lying on its side blocking the whole highway, and no traffic from that road could get to the merge point. I sailed on through faster than normal.

Not such a good day for the guy in the truck or the people on my regular highway, but it worked out for me. And I paid attention to that strong inner voice.

I've had other incidents over the years, too numerous to mention, but it's become second nature now. I listen to my intuition and watch for synchronocity. It rarely shows up for the big events--I was in the WTC on 911 and blithely free of any premonition whatsoever until AA11 slammed into us. But for everyday decisions and choices, it's there.
MQ---my daughter now lives in the NYC metro area so I know, from her stories, just how nighmarish the commute could be!

How scary for you on 9/11!

Old 12-01-2014, 03:09 PM

23,766 posts, read 29,078,063 times
Quote:
Gee...McFlurrys have lots of calories and fat? Really? I didn't know this and neither did my daughter/sarcasm.

It's so nice that you are worried about her health just because she had 1 McFlurry for the first time in years

You seem to miss the whole point of this thread
I knew you were going to say that

Old 12-01-2014, 03:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghengis View Post
I knew you were going to say that
Do you have anything that's on topic to add to this thread?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal