Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-20-2014, 11:55 AM

1,423 posts, read 1,626,903 times

Advertisements

This is probably my most irresistible daydream topic... the one where once you're in it, you actually have to force yourself to pull out of it.

We don't remember anything from before we were born of course... or do we?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZWyHuN1G1vk

Very interesting video and topic... but the production quality absolutely blows lol.

If almost all of us don't have a memory of what happened before, is it the same thing after life?

They say that all of us dream every night... we just don't remember it a lot of times... maybe the afterlife is like a night of sleep where you don't remember any dreams. Like... that's it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-20-2014, 01:49 PM

11,181 posts, read 10,534,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chango View Post
Time is a human concept. Who says time works the way people perceive and understand it anyway?

In other words, there is no "before"... our consciousness and entire lives are but tiny slivers of the whole, like being entirely consumed within a dream and believing the events of the dream are real and immutable.
This ^^^^^

Old 12-20-2014, 01:51 PM

1,225 posts, read 1,405,638 times
We were absolutely nothing until a bunch of cells formed together in a woman's womb and our brains gave us a consciousness. Before then.. nothing. We were inconceivable nothingness.

Just like we'll be when we die.

Old 12-20-2014, 02:33 PM

1,788 posts, read 1,172,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VeeGer View Post
I may sound crazy but it makes sense to me so here goes.

We lived several lives but our beginning was a simple organism, like an amoeba. In other words, we used to be a fly, a rat, a dog, a horse and so on toward a higher being in progressions.

Right now, we're humans.
I can't see God stepping aside and giving anyone of Us His Thrown. Because a trickle 'up effect like the one you described implies that-IMO.

I think the reason some people have that 'reincarnation feeling is because of 'those described in the Bible as having the 'ability to "throw firer-y darts" (meaning they influence our thoughts and feelings). "Those" have past memories of past hosts and share them with current or future hosts-IMO.

If God is (and I believe He is), then so is the 'devil..it's a package deal. You can't have one without the other. Thus, I believe also the devil is a architect of deception and he will do whatever he can to make man think there is no God or the wrong way to know God, I believe it's his main purpose/desire, that And to be like us, because he knows his time is short-IMO

Old 12-20-2014, 03:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by G0DDESS View Post
We were absolutely nothing until a bunch of cells formed together in a woman's womb and our brains gave us a consciousness. Before then.. nothing. We were inconceivable nothingness.

Just like we'll be when we die.
The Bible says God knew Us before we were born. It says also God knows every single hair on Our Heads.
This isn't an opinion, it's just what the Bible says.

IMO, I believe conversations such as these in this thread pertaining to God (and I know its my fault cause I'm the only one bringing it up) can only be 'truly known (the facts) if you take a path to find out. Seems logical. Thus, then where is that 'path to God to begin with (seems logical)? <these are somewhat the steps I took for myself to find out. I looked in the obvious place for this path to God- the Bible. I looked up all His Words and read them. Then I read the words of those who witnessed certain things and eventually read all of it. (IMO still continuing).. I came away with.. the path to God is ..His Son, the One called Jesus, because within His Words I found truth. What do I mean? I follow what He says and do what is right to the best of my ability. So what you say. Well my point is by doing this I found everything He said would happen does and have never found anything He said to be a lie. It's like saying the path proves itself. Now I know that is easy to type. I believe all men make a choice. It's my choice to follow Jesus and I will until I find a lie within His Words- the path I follow is exactly what He said it would be and I know as long as I put my whole life in His Hands and make my walk my talk... in the end of all of it... He will be the first I see when this is over. It's my faith in Him and my opinion to you.

If you truly want to know God, then know His Son first and don't let religions or any man take it away from you, ever- IMO.

Old 12-20-2014, 04:46 PM

IMO- Sin is, that which goes against the Nature of God. These sins according to Him are described with attributes, that go against Him. Some people's sin's are easier to see than others and some aren't easy to see at all. Regardless, according to the Bible 'We all sin. I guess my point in saying this is... I would never throw stones at anyone, nor am I trying to make anyone feel bad or hate me. I believe people should put Him/God and His Son Jesus (according to the Bible) to the test and make them prove their words in this book called the Bible. How? Only YOU know that answer.

Merry Christmas world, May Jesus keep you all safe unto Him alone, safe and tight by His Father's Thrown.

IMO

Old 12-20-2014, 08:39 PM

102,212 posts, read 107,931,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegas_Cabbie View Post
Okay, I know this is weird... but have you ever daydreamed about what might have been, before we were born? Or what if something went wrong with our mother and they miscarried..? What would there be?

Honestly... this thought freaks me out more than all the crazy people on the news and all the crazy stuff that happens in the world these days...

Would there just be nothing??
Start reading books by people who have had Near Death Experiences. Kids who were miscarried go to "the Other Side", and come back later, sometimes born to the same parent as the one who had the miscarriage. Read about NDE's, and you'll find out where we hang out in-between embodied lifetimes.

Old 12-21-2014, 09:53 AM

1,423 posts, read 1,626,903 times
Okay Hush, let's try to stay on topic please.

This thread was my first time posting in the Unexplained forum... I hope they all dont go this route.

Old 12-21-2014, 11:02 AM

4,039 posts, read 3,775,084 times
I don't really have a theory for what we were before we were born, but we just had a new baby niece of 9 weeks and she was sleeping yesterday and all of a sudden she let out a really scary scream like she was being chased in her sleep. I don't know what a baby could have a nightmare about, but I find this very interesting. Maybe it could relate to her past life? I bring this up because most of us can't remember anything before a certain age, (my earliest memory of myself is when I was 5). We have nightmares of our fears and when we're stressed... but her scream made me wonder, what could babies possibly have nightmares about? Reincarnation certainly came up in my head. But if reincarnation were real, then what does it all lead up to ? Where does the original source start from?

Old 12-21-2014, 11:26 AM

21,020 posts, read 19,388,517 times
Googling Dr. Michael Newton who has hypnotized 7000 people since '56...
could explain it to anyone...he also
was an atheist and went kicking and screaming into
not being one after many years of hearing his patients and
following up on many stories.
There is a great youtube interview with him.
Link is too hard to give here.

One thing I remember of interest that effected him...was it didn't matter
if the person was an atheist or from what religion they were 'here'...
under hyponosis
they pretty much all gave the same accounts!
(No hell, no devil...and none came to meet any holy person/diety...none...
just their Guides and loved ones....see...very diff than an NDE.)

He is dispassionate and clinical.
He doesn't have a pony in this race...just his findings, period.

He is not into past life regression...but rather 'in between lives'...as his books reflect.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal