Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-22-2015, 09:12 PM

101 posts, read 100,098 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by OwlKaMyst View Post
Just for information's sake, a few mentions of the 'influence of the stars' in astrology.
The stars, aka, constellations are ONLY for a physical reference point. The 12 signs are just 'quadrants' that mark the sky. The 12 sections could have and could be, called anything. Where the influence comes from are the planets, not the stars.
So to argue that stars look different or could be burned out as a factor for astrology being nonsense, that argument has no ground to stand on.
So the planets are here, in our solar system, a heck of a lot closer than the stars that make up the zodiac. The planets location in relation to earth and each other is what astrology is based upon.
Now how those planets have any influence, it's not gravity. It used to be thought that because of the way the moon pushes and pulls upon the earth, that was all we knew of not so long ago. But as it has been said, gravity can only go so far. Currently the theory of how it is the planets can impact us is through planetary frequencies.
Earth emits a frequency of near 8hz. The other planets have different frequencies. Frequencies have a much, much farther reach than gravity.
Frequencies, audible and inaudible have an effect on people.
I am not sure where you are going with this but the frequencies of the planets are caused by the oscillation of each planet's internal and external pressure changes. Rocky (stone like) planets like Mercury, Venus, Earth and Mars (and our Moon) oscillate at certain frequencies while the "gassy" planets; Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus and Neptune oscillate differently. Each Planet's anatomies determine these oscillations and are more closely aligned and similar with what goes on inside stars like our Sun. Some of these planets are so far away that their frequencies are barely detectable.

To try to associate and/or corroborate any idea that"...frequencies, audible and inaudible have an effect on (people's)..." life experience or a prediction of their future here on earth ."; is a total fabrication and has never been shown to be true. How anyone could come to this conclusion is beyond belief. More astrology "hocus pocus" Scary
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-23-2015, 08:16 AM

818 posts, read 1,017,629 times
Quote:
So the commonality in personalities of the same Sun sign is how you are prescribing typical sun sign traits?
That's not really doing the system of astrology any justice.
Now, let it be known that my approach is for the discussion of astrology, not an argument. I only disagree with your assessment of the sign traits because in all the years and sources of study I have done, those assessments are not at all typical of those signs.

I am a Capricorn Sun, also have the Moon and Mercury in Capricorn. I am pretty close to text book Capricorn.
My husband is also Capricorn Sun and Mercury (with a Cancer Moon). Neither of us have any of the traits you have described, well, except he does have to keep his anger in check sometimes, but that is not because of the Sun in Capricorn.
There are good and bad people of all sun signs. It's not just the Sun's placement that is the every and all of a person. The icky parts of personality comes out when planets are not in a good placement.
The Capricorns you may have encountered most likely had and afflicted Sun; meaning in hard aspect with another planet, particularly Mars or Saturn.

Sun in Capricorn from A to Z Horoscope Maker and Delineator by Llewellyn George.
'In Capricorn the Sun gives a quiet, thoughtful, serious nature, deep mind and good reasoning ability; generally practical, economical, and given to investigation. Capricorns act with dignity and self-esteem, are somewhat particular, ambitious and preserving; never entirely discouraged although often disappointed; thorough and hard workers. Careful, cautious, frugal, and makes the most of opportunities. Usually meet with some heavy obstacles in the path of desires and progress, yet by dint of persistent, patient and concentrated effort often butt their way through and triumph over circumstances.'
You are a good subject for your own argument. It is well known that capricorns can be manipulative, manipulated and untrustworhy. There are many variables and it could be they are the opposite of me by nature and that may very well be why you are trying to prove a point with me. Do a little objective research about them, they play a good act but are questionable in their integrity from what I have experienced. Selfish, the few i have had experiences with and known their signs. Maybe just not for me so I try to avoid if possible. Just wanted to say, no ill intent or anything.

And just FYI two of the worst presidents of all time, Wilson and Nixon were Caps.

Last edited by Know Nonsense; 01-23-2015 at 08:37 AM..

Old 01-23-2015, 08:39 AM

201 posts, read 279,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Born Again Skeptic View Post
I can only imagine what is contained in that bookbut I would suggest that you show it to some of your friends (without telling them for whom it was meant) and see if they can also relate to it. Then please check back with us later.::
"Stars" was a general term that I was using to describe outer space. I have discussed the book with some of my friends. Anyway, I'm not saying it's science. It's just really interesting and something to believe in if you want, like all of the stories that religious books teach. I'm not here to convince anyone otherwise. I was just answering the OP.

Old 01-23-2015, 10:51 AM

16,077 posts, read 28,561,936 times
Quote:
Of the half dozen books I have that describe every planet in every sign, not a single one says anything about what a person does not like. On the flip side, it does say who will be violent, egotistical, jealous, hold secrets, be deceptive & unscrupulous, etc.
I would imagine a person who would have any of these traits would not be forthcoming to admit it.
So thier report will be 'inaccurate' to them, but not the spouse who is victim to these characteristics.
If you have the time and wish to expand, please do. Don't hold back.

Old 01-23-2015, 11:21 AM

Default Astrology

Quote:
Originally Posted by virgode View Post
If you have the time and wish to expand, please do. Don't hold back.
Watch out; here comes the cavalry

Old 01-23-2015, 11:39 AM

Default Astrology

Quote:
Originally Posted by justiciability View Post
"Stars" was a general term that I was using to describe outer space. I have discussed the book with some of my friends. Anyway, I'm not saying it's science. It's just really interesting and something to believe in if you want, like all of the stories that religious books teach. I'm not here to convince anyone otherwise. I was just answering the OP.
It is "interesting" but (IMO) very devious. It separates people from their hard earned money.
Almost a billion dollars (world wide) last year (2014).
Religion is similar but that is probably a topic for another thread.

And did your "friends" find any "commonality" with your book?:
That is the basis for the belief in astrology;...make the "read" general enough so that the "reader" (you) will find a reason to accept the "read." ie the book. Did it succeed?

Old 01-23-2015, 12:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by meow3434 View Post
Oh yes, I have a friend who did my entire chart! I can recall my sun sign is Taurus, my rising Libra, and moon Gemini. Mars is aquarius, mercury in aries, and venus also gemini. I'll have to look for the chart. My bf's sun sign is Leo with rising Virgo and moon Libra. Mars in Leo, mercury in Leo, and Venus in cancer.
How accurate and did the chart include houses? House placements can tell as much, if not more than planet placements. Starting with the first house / rising sign in Libra, so second house would be Scorpio, and so forth. Moon sign tells about nurturing during childhood, your mothers parenting style; as wellas yourself.

Old 01-23-2015, 09:55 PM

5,126 posts, read 7,411,405 times
Quote:
Ah; but how can you be sure it is accurate?
Are you an "astrologer" or just the the "victim" of cold reading and confirmation bias.
I said my natal chart is so accurate that it's almost disturbing to me.

I don't understand your question about accuracy. Are you concerned that my chart wasn't done correctly or what?

Old 01-24-2015, 11:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shooting Stars View Post
I said my natal chart is so accurate that it's almost disturbing to me.

I don't understand your question about accuracy. Are you concerned that my chart wasn't done correctly or what?
You have seemed to misunderstand my question...Are you an astrologer?
If not, how did you determine that your natal chart was accurate?

Old 01-24-2015, 12:20 PM

Quote:

If not, how did you determine that your natal chart was accurate?
Natal charts can be done without the help of internet sites. I did my own with a book purchased, full of grid tables with Planets, times and years for calculating, however, it did match precisely through Astodienst and knowing your exact time of birth is essential to accuracy. I wouldn't say its me to a T, but enough truth to make me a believer. Would I use astrology to predict my future?
No.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal