Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-28-2015, 11:31 AM

78,432 posts, read 60,613,724 times

Advertisements

With regards to the Patterson film, I personally don't know if it's real or not.

There are several people vastly more informed and expert on the topic than myself that have said they think it's probably real....and several that think it's probably fake....so *shrug*.

You hit the nail on the head though. In this day and age and as the decades pile up SOMEBODY has to turn up part of a body to put this to rest conclusively.

Until then, can't prove conclusively one way or another...and since you cannot prove a negative.....a hundred years from now long after I'm dead if no one has produced a specimen....you'll still have people looking for bigfoot and that's their choice.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-29-2015, 12:28 AM

11,021 posts, read 5,989,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
The camera part of cell phones works just fine even if you are out of service and have you ever been to a movie and seen the ads for silencing your cell-phone?
Turning off the phone isn't mystery. Putting it on silent mode is. Why would a hunter do that? He's out there hunting!

A hunter already has his hands full just carrying his rifle. If he were to suddenly come across a bigfoot like creature he sure as hell is not going to drop his rifle in favour of grabbing for is mobile to take a snapshot. Hikers might go for a mobile - they have their hands free and have no other options. Then there is the problem of actually seeing the screen in broad daylight. I cannot see a damn thing on mine. I cannot select camera, let alone take a photo. I cannot read, write and send texts and when I know it will be days before I can recharge my mobile I turn it off so I have it in case of emergency. Just saying that hunters not capturing a bigfoot on camera doesn't prove or indicate the non-existence of the big fella.

Getting back to the OP photo; it looks like a coat or something that the subject is wearing. Do fences have to be a standard hight?

Old 01-29-2015, 06:12 AM

22,921 posts, read 28,279,449 times
Re: the cell phone camera controversy.

Forget cell phones. Scientists have gone into supposed "Bigfoot country" with the best technology in the world. High resolution cameras. Night vision. Infrared. Motion sensors. Sound equipment sensitive enough to pick up mice running through the grass. They've been doing this for decades. You know what they have found? A whole lot of deer, raccoons, badgers, mice, rabbits, coyotes, squirrels, birds, etc. But no Bigfoot.

The total absence of credible evidence speaks volumes.

Old 01-29-2015, 07:11 AM

12,282 posts, read 13,241,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark S. View Post
Re: the cell phone camera controversy.

Forget cell phones. Scientists have gone into supposed "Bigfoot country" with the best technology in the world. High resolution cameras. Night vision. Infrared. Motion sensors. Sound equipment sensitive enough to pick up mice running through the grass. They've been doing this for decades. You know what they have found? A whole lot of deer, raccoons, badgers, mice, rabbits, coyotes, squirrels, birds, etc. But no Bigfoot.

The total absence of credible evidence speaks volumes.

What is "BIGFOOT COUNTRY"? There are quite a few that are not way out in the boonies. This is a fallacy that you have to get so far way from civilization. How do you know that these people you mention have not found or recorded anything? You are assuming that they have a desire to satisfy your interest? Do you really think that a study group that is having success will tell the world where and what they are doing? Why would they? To talk about it without revealing important info will only get you ridiculed and your study area ran over with lookey loo/ crazy hunter types. Your farm overran by strangers and neighbors saying why did you open your mouth?

The "BIGFOOT PHENOMENON" does exist. Does Bigfoot exist in this world as we assume it should? Well if so then it sure isn't cooperating is it?

Old 01-29-2015, 09:18 AM

22,921 posts, read 28,279,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Versatile View Post
You are assuming that they have a desire to satisfy your interest? Do you really think that a study group that is having success will tell the world where and what they are doing?
Yes. Because credible evidence for a new species is the dream of any scientist. Finding a previously undiscovered 2 inch bug in the Amazon makes a biologist's career. Do you not think discovering a species of primates in North America would not be the dream of any credible scientist on the planet?

Versatile, you keep claiming that there is lots of evidence out there, but the poor persecuted folks who have it won't come forward because they've just got too much gosh darned integrity. Sorry, but I don't buy it. If you or anyone else has any credible evidence, let's see it. Submit it for review, just like any other discovery. Otherwise, this isn't any different than Elvis sightings at 7-11.

Old 01-29-2015, 09:49 AM

12,282 posts, read 13,241,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark S. View Post
Yes. Because credible evidence for a new species is the dream of any scientist. Finding a previously undiscovered 2 inch bug in the Amazon makes a biologist's career. Do you not think discovering a species of primates in North America would not be the dream of any credible scientist on the planet?

Versatile, you keep claiming that there is lots of evidence out there, but the poor persecuted folks who have it won't come forward because they've just got too much gosh darned integrity. Sorry, but I don't buy it. If you or anyone else has any credible evidence, let's see it. Submit it for review, just like any other discovery. Otherwise, this isn't any different than Elvis sightings at 7-11.

I seriously doubt that you would accept anything at all. I have no further reason to converse back and forth who is right or wrong.

I am done with thread.

Old 01-29-2015, 08:21 PM

766 posts, read 1,395,350 times
I spent 20+ yrs doing Genealogy.... ya know.... researching Family Roots. This was back BEFORE the internet. BEFORE computers. This was back when you had to do the research the hard way! No Ancestry.com cheat sheets.

I can no longer count how many hrs I've spent in a library sitting in front of a microfiche film machine. I've scrolled thru countless films of newspapers from the 1800's.

Let me tell ya.... when I was searching for a particular death date... HOPING to find a death announcement, and/or obit.... or maybe I was searching for a birth announcement, or marriage announcement? or whatever?

often enough I did find some newspaper article, with the headlines of.... MONSTER HAIRY MAN SIGHTED!!!! The articles even spoke of nasty odor!

I dont' know???? you tell me??????

Old 01-29-2015, 10:15 PM

11,021 posts, read 5,989,338 times
Then we hear that bigfoot appears in native American folk lore. Is that true? Or is it a latter day embellishment?

Old 01-29-2015, 10:32 PM

1,385 posts, read 1,524,334 times
Yes, it's true. Also several other once-thought-to-be mythical creatures that have subsequently proven through fossil records.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 303Guy View Post
Then we hear that bigfoot appears in native American folk lore. Is that true? Or is it a latter day embellishment?

Old 01-29-2015, 10:35 PM

1,385 posts, read 1,524,334 times
The unfortunate thing is that many of these early newspaper accounts were fabrications to drum up sales and therefore are the originators of the industry of Sasquatch hoaxing that we see today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by springazure View Post
often enough I did find some newspaper article, with the headlines of.... MONSTER HAIRY MAN SIGHTED!!!! The articles even spoke of nasty odor!

I dont' know???? you tell me??????
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal