Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-03-2015, 06:54 PM

12,441 posts, read 14,874,952 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6.7traveler View Post
...That must of went over your head though...
Yep - it must have...

Old 02-03-2015, 08:39 PM

Location: where you sip the tea of the breasts of the spinsters of Utica
8,297 posts, read 14,164,711 times
Quote:
I believe it is ecologically plausible that a large ape could be living in very small numbers in the depths of the American wilderness, but the body of data we have to support that is weak, at best.
Sure, that's possible with a few thousand of them (a certain minimum number would be needed to breed safely without genetic mutation diseases). After all, if grizzly bears of roughly the same size can do it, so might a very hairy ape. It's the whole thing of being undiscovered by now, no real evidence that could show up on a DNA test, that's pretty much impossible.

Old 02-03-2015, 09:11 PM

18,160 posts, read 15,628,539 times
An animal, such as a Sasquatch, I believe, would have to be omniverous. Its diet, again my theory, would be similar to a bear, or even wild pig. If they do , actively hunt, to supplement their diet with meat, other than carrion, that would lead me to lean toward them being a sentient species.

That could, also, go a ways toward explaining its elusiveness, and why remains and other physical evidence, ....is not being found.

Because there is a sentient intelligence at work, that doesn't want to be found. All the high tech equipment in the world , would be no match for the woodcraft these "beings" would possess. It's trying to catch a ghost, in its own house. I'm not so sure about the quadrapedal theory. . In a recent documentary I w,atched, on Discovery, they had footage of what they believe to be a Bigfoot, traversing an open stretch of ground, carrying what looks like an infant, on its back, at a seriously impressive speed. On two legs.

The group that was looking into this footage, got a , world class, gold medal, cross country runner to try and duplicate what was on the tape. He broke his ankle, not a 1/4 way into it. If this tape was a hoax., whoever was wearing the ape suit and carrying the dummy, was a phenomenal physical specimen.

If what's on the tape is not a Sasquatch, its still an impressive life form. And not likely a human in an ape suit.

Old 02-03-2015, 09:45 PM

11,021 posts, read 5,987,049 times
Quote:
and there are very few Grizzlies anywhere in the US so rare that we don't really need to consider it.
Quote:
Chimps band together to hunt monkeys etc why wouldn't this critter do the same.
There's a contradiction here. Bigfoot are supposed to be somewhat rare so forming a hunting band seems at odds with this suggestion. Then if grizzlies are so rare then why do they feature so much more prominently? We have documentary after documentary on them. Not just the odd one here and there but gatherings of them.

Quote:
Assuming they are real, they would almost certainly need large sources of protein which in the US would mean deer would be a big part of the menu.
Would they need any more protein than a deer? I'd suggest that bigfoot would have a very similar diet to bears which would include grubs and insects, small mammals, fish and shellfish and the occasional deer. However, by some accounts they stink so sneaking up on or ambushing a deer could be a bit tricky. It's hard to imagine why they would be stinky though. Apex predators aren't usually strong smelling. Hyenas don't smell the best and actually roll themselves in rotting flesh so maybe there is no reason for a bigfoot apex predator to not smell bad.

Last edited by 303Guy; 02-03-2015 at 09:58 PM..

Old 02-03-2015, 11:42 PM

282 posts, read 447,242 times
yes, they do. Strangely though only schizophrenics are able to see them, and they are invisible to other people. Not only are they invisible but so are all the things they eat or do. and not only are they invisible but if one walked up to you it would pass through you like a ghost. You could not see or feel it and it could not affect the natural world. In other words, to everyone else it's like they do not exist. Only schizophrenics can see them and only other crazies know they're really there.

Old 02-04-2015, 01:36 AM

Location: where you sip the tea of the breasts of the spinsters of Utica
8,297 posts, read 14,164,711 times
I wonder how they got this one into the Hollywood studio ...... and what he accepted for pay?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qBFSCbptrJk

Old 02-04-2015, 05:53 AM

282 posts, read 447,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woof View Post
I wonder how they got this one into the Hollywood studio ...... and what he accepted for pay?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qBFSCbptrJk
Hahahaha thank you for this!!! Very funny! I got to go watch that movie now! hahaha XD

Old 02-04-2015, 06:10 AM

22,921 posts, read 28,273,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Versatile View Post
How do you know that they have not?
Non-evidence doesn't equal evidence. Your argument boils down to: "If there were an invisible chicken on my head, you could not see it. You cannot see an invisible chicken on my head, can you? Therefore, there is an invisible chicken on my head."

If there is proof --- or at least suggestive evidence --- let's see it.

If there were hundreds (if not thousands) of large primates roaming North America, the evidence wouldn't be almost occulticly hard to find. It would be pretty easy actually. If we are smart enough to track down a small rabbit or even teeny insects, I find it extraordinarily hard to believe that tribes of large primates have managed to escape detection. North America’s most rare species in pictures – Voices

Old 02-04-2015, 07:53 AM

12,282 posts, read 13,239,617 times
As i said before. We don't care what you guys say. We are quite happy talking about this. Why does that bother you so much? Look at the name of this forum, why do you even come hear other than to riducule. As i said. I don't care what you say.

Look at this video. YMMV

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QRurxAtiLkM

Old 02-04-2015, 12:03 PM

12,282 posts, read 13,239,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 303Guy View Post
There's a contradiction here. Bigfoot are supposed to be somewhat rare so forming a hunting band seems at odds with this suggestion. Then if grizzlies are so rare then why do they feature so much more prominently? We have documentary after documentary on them. Not just the odd one here and there but gatherings of them.

Would they need any more protein than a deer? I'd suggest that bigfoot would have a very similar diet to bears which would include grubs and insects, small mammals, fish and shellfish and the occasional deer. However, by some accounts they stink so sneaking up on or ambushing a deer could be a bit tricky. It's hard to imagine why they would be stinky though. Apex predators aren't usually strong smelling. Hyenas don't smell the best and actually roll themselves in rotting flesh so maybe there is no reason for a bigfoot apex predator to not smell bad.

The smell is called "THE STENCH" and they can emit it at will. Why? Who knows.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal