Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-09-2015, 10:35 PM

867 posts, read 909,348 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashleynj View Post
well, I checked out a few of these supposedly tested mediums listed on that site, and I did not see any I would actually pay for a reading. Personally, I don't think real mediums would take money, and if they did, it would be very little. The ones that get rich off this, are scam artists, I think,.

So far everyone I have ever checked out seems like a big con artist. I love it when these mediums say spirit talks to them and they can hear them clearly, yet they can't even figure out if the spirits first name starts with a J or M or P, haha. Or the mediums who see spirit, but can't tell the difference between a female/male spirit. If I was unethical, I would learn some cold reading techniques and would prey on grieving people, but I'm not.
I'll roll the dice with the medium who I posted. I did check out the list you gave me but they are above my price range. This particular medium gives you a recording of your reading with her which I'll post here for the world to see. I bought the thirty minute reading for a hundred bucks and at worst it is thirty minutes of entertainment. I'm definitely looking for something and if she can find it then I'll write it's a success.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-09-2015, 10:43 PM

3,379 posts, read 5,536,326 times
a legit medium????????

Old 05-10-2015, 07:29 AM

890 posts, read 883,065 times
I found two psychics over many years who appear to be completely legit. One was a woman in Australia who no longer is practicing. The other is Debbie Alderson at "pyramid of enlightenment" in Indianapolis - they have a web page.
They most striking thing I was told was that my daughter was very interested in Art. I had no idea. My daughter was getting straight As in pre-pharmacy for two years. After two years, she changed majors to Art, saying she wanted to be an artist, and that I had selected a career in pharmacy for her which she considered boring. There are other things I was told that would have been very difficult to fake.
I have had two experiences in my life where I foresaw the future. One, at a small town square, I foresaw my father leaving a store and walking up the street around two minutes before it actually happened. My wife was with me, and can verify what I told her I saw, before it happened.
The other time was when my father passed, he was in very poor health. He waited until I got back from a business trip to pass and I just got there in time. I knew what was happening hours before it occurred.

Old 05-10-2015, 04:47 PM

2,513 posts, read 2,073,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nor'Eastah View Post
I not only went to a "real" one, I can give you his name: George Anderson, of Long Island NY.

After a disturbing family death, I kept hearing someone calling out my name, usually at night. I passed it off as dreaming. Then someone mentioned this George Anderson, and I got curious. I made an appointment for a group session, as I live in New England. I made the appointment in a false name, and a friendly local postal worker agreed to accept a General Delivery in that name, for the confirmation. I did that to prevent anyone from gathering info about me before the session.

There were 9 other persons/couples at the motel where the group session was held. George tells you beforehand to say nothing, just "yes" or "no", mostly regarding knowledge of someone who was trying to come through. He did a reading for 15-20 minutes for all 10 attendees. I got to hear what was said to all the other people present, as well as what was said to me.

George names names (4 in my case), and tells you who the person is coming through, their gender, often their name, who they are related to and which way (spouse, child, parent, etc). He can "feel" pain in areas of his own body, which tells him how the person died. Everyone agreed that it was a remarksble session; nobody expected such detail and accuracy. In my case, I was floored by what he told me, and the sounds of my name being called at night were explained.

Not long after, a woman came in to my business (I ran a business before retiring), followed by her husband. I knew them both, as we did a lot of work for them. I spoke with her, and didn't see him around then, so I asked, "How is Jerry?" (her husband). She replied, "Jerry died 2 weeks ago!". I was stunned by that...I had definitely seen Jerry follow her in, and told her so. She almost cried, she was so happy...Jerry must have used me to give her the message that he got where he was supposed to go, just fine. Oddest thing that ever happened to me. But I was NOT spooked by it.

I'm curious abt what George A. said abt you hearing the voices calling your name. I've experienced some of that. thanks.

Old 05-10-2015, 05:00 PM

2,513 posts, read 2,073,867 times
Quote:
I love reading about the positive experiences people have had. I love these stories.

I was looking up something the other day unrelated to psychics or any of that stuff. I came across some site where moms talk about their kids and get advice. Some kind of forum for moms. I was looking for something else and noticed a topic on there about kids seeing ghosts. Omg, I have been reading for the last couple of days these moms talking about how their kids have talked to dead relatives they never met and about their kids seeing ghosts, and also about how some kids will talk about how they were other people before they came here. Very cool and interesting stories. I have always heard that kids are more open for some reason to these things and will often see spirits when we can't. I totally believe this. My nephew when he was 2 started talking about a man in his room, and this went on for a whole year. My sister said that at times she would go into his room and feel a cool breeze when all the windows were closed. Finally after a year she got some holy water and used it in his room, and right after she did that my nephew stopped talking about the man in his room. Maybe we should start a topic about kids seeing ghosts and talking about strange things?

I know, I love reading abt all this stuff too.
I've had some readings done, but nothing to talk abt. lol

Love to meet w/George Anderson, and The Long Island Medium. The LIM just to see if she can pronounce my people's names. lol
She's kinda iffy to me.

Old 05-10-2015, 09:22 PM

1,714 posts, read 1,760,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fresnochili View Post
I know, I love reading abt all this stuff too.
I've had some readings done, but nothing to talk abt. lol

Love to meet w/George Anderson, and The Long Island Medium. The LIM just to see if she can pronounce my people's names. lol
She's kinda iffy to me.
I've heard of George Anderson. I will have to see if I can find any youtube videos of him.

Not sure about the LIM. I have watched some youtube videos of her show and she does seem like she is good, but the show is edited and they won't show you how much she gets wrong, they will only show you the good parts. She also has time to do research on people who come see her. Nowadays you can find out so much about people online, on their facebook, etc. What I like to do is find videos of these people doing readings during a talk show. I have watched her do some on a live audience and she was horrible. The same with John Edwards. They both looked like they were doing cold readings, and they weren't even that good. John Edwards was much better though than the Long Island Medium, I will give him that.

Just look at the first guy she reads. She asks him if his wife had an issue with her legs, and when he said no, she moves on to someone else? So was she talking to his wife or not? Also how rude and heartless to bring up someone's dead wife then just leave them hanging like that?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=flw_xLqS3UE

Last edited by ashleynj; 05-10-2015 at 09:36 PM..

Old 05-10-2015, 11:39 PM

1,714 posts, read 1,760,343 times
Thanks to the ones that mentioned George Anderson, I decided to look him up. Out of all the mediums I have looked into, this guy sounds like he might be the real deal. He does charge a lot of money for a session though, and that does make me a little skeptical.

ETA: well, it looks like this medium might be just another con artist like the other ones:
http://www.badpsychics.com/2013/02/g...m-and-one.html

Last edited by ashleynj; 05-11-2015 at 01:07 AM..

Old 05-11-2015, 07:57 AM

5,718 posts, read 7,259,799 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse44 View Post
a legit medium????????

Oxymoron.

Old 05-11-2015, 10:13 AM

5,126 posts, read 7,410,320 times
I talk to a medium on the phone on a regular basis. I stick with him because he's amazing.

There is a medium on You Tube that I watch sometimes. She wrote a book and said that you can't talk anyone into believing. They have to have their own validating experience.

Old 05-11-2015, 10:33 AM

5,126 posts, read 7,410,320 times
Quote:
It also seems that every medium believes in reincarnation. I don't believe in reincarnation, and I don't care if a medium believes in it, but I just don't want to hear how I had past lives and have been with someone in 10 lifetimes.
I used to not believe in reincarnation, but now I do.

The funny thing is that the medium I talk to the most, does not believe in reincarnation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal