Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-08-2015, 10:18 PM

3,978 posts, read 4,575,305 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 303Guy View Post
While I get what you are saying, there is a slight difference, that being that the US is teaming with Westerners while a hundred years or so ago China was not. The Chinese on the other hand, knew all about the panda.

The same can be said of the gorilla. The locals knew about them though.

Just like the Native Americans (not Americanized ones) all know about bigfoot.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-08-2015, 10:33 PM

11,019 posts, read 5,981,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quaker15 View Post
Just like the Native Americans (not Americanized ones) all know about bigfoot.
You got me there!

Old 10-09-2015, 12:15 AM

722 posts, read 1,328,130 times
I think Bigfoot is just an old folk tale, just something to talk about around the camp fire to scare the kids, kind of like stories of werewolves, gargoyles, vampires, etc.

how come all the stuff that happened back in ancient times never happens now? no miracles, no signs?

Old 10-09-2015, 01:54 PM

22,917 posts, read 28,263,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Versatile View Post
BS On your no credible evidence. Plenty in the real world. Just not on tv.
Such as ... ?

Old 10-09-2015, 02:25 PM

12,282 posts, read 13,236,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark S. View Post
Such as ... ?

You have read everything i have posted.Just because you and so many others will not get out of your comfort zone to find out for yourself and are naysayers it brings to mind this:"What does it matter what they say; they don't do anything anyway"?
These creatures don't give up their secrets for free. They rarely mess up. Arkansas,Tennessee,Kentucky,Missouri,Oklahoma,Loui sianan and eastern Texas have quite a few.

What ever this shakes out to be will be very interesting and this is no hoax.

Old 10-09-2015, 06:44 PM

3,751 posts, read 7,670,912 times
Quote:
Not for long. To avoid genetic disease, you need a very healthy breeding population. And big creatures like Bigfoot need a lot of food. When you have a healthy population of large animals, it isn't all that difficult to find one.

Do you really think it feasible that a population of dozens or even hundreds of huge mammals can exist in North America and not leave behind a single corpse, bone, scrape of hair, pile of droppings, abandoned nest, or even be seen long enough for a single good picture by people hunting them with the best technology available?

I don't find that likely at all.
Such ideas are based upon the assumption that these animals are just like most other animals.
Perhaps these creatures are not susceptible to most contagious and lethal diseases. Perhaps they live for 300 years and only breed twice in a lifetime. Perhaps they do not have the metabolism that other animals have.
Perhaps they are careful enough to bury their feces and perhaps they eat their dead and bury the remains.

Old 10-09-2015, 08:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OwlKaMyst View Post
Such ideas are based upon the assumption that these animals are just like most other animals.
Perhaps these creatures are not susceptible to most contagious and lethal diseases. Perhaps they live for 300 years and only breed twice in a lifetime. Perhaps they do not have the metabolism that other animals have.
Perhaps they are careful enough to bury their feces and perhaps they eat their dead and bury the remains.
You have very good points.. They are here and they are real. I like fresh thoughts. Thinking out side the box ideas are needed. I like your metabolism idea. Do they only need to eat rarely and not like humans etc but like Gators etc? Humans us fire for heat,light,cooking basically. This creature does not.

Old 10-12-2015, 06:54 AM

Quote:
You have read everything i have posted.
I have. And I love it. But I have yet to see anything at all convincing. And I am ready, willing, and eager to be convinced. I would love it if Bigfoot existed.

Your arguments all boil down to, "Go find Bigfoot yourself." That's hardly a compelling argument. I can show you lots of evidence proving the existence of gorillas, orangutans, or even the super rare Amur leopard.

No one has ever managed to find so much as a scrap of credible evidence proving the existence of Bigfoot.

Old 10-12-2015, 08:43 AM

Quote:
I have. And I love it. But I have yet to see anything at all convincing. And I am ready, willing, and eager to be convinced. I would love it if Bigfoot existed.

Your arguments all boil down to, "Go find Bigfoot yourself." That's hardly a compelling argument. I can show you lots of evidence proving the existence of gorillas, orangutans, or even the super rare Amur leopard.

No one has ever managed to find so much as a scrap of credible evidence proving the existence of Bigfoot.
By the rules of this forum it it agreed that we don't need to prove anything to you.

Old 10-12-2015, 09:04 AM

Quote:
By the rules of this forum it it agreed that we don't need to prove anything to you.
But neither is the forum "Yes Men Only."

Discussion means you're going to run in to disagreement now and then.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal