Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-22-2021, 02:09 PM

1 posts, read 1,052 times

Advertisements

Last night I was lying down in bed and I had just taken a b0ng rip and was fine from it. So I had just calmed down from what i think was just a small anxiety attack or something and was trying to fall asleep when something wet landed on my eye. So, being like any normal person, i freaked out because theres no one else in my room besides me and a spider web on the ceiling. i thought it could just be the spider web so i investigated a little further and the web didn't line up with the spot that the water actually landed and when i looked at my pillow again there was another droplet. I then had to go and throw up but when i came back not even 3 minutes later with my mom to get the spider, the drop on my pillow was gone, like completely gone. it was odd, but i wouldn't doubt it to be something supernatural.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-23-2021, 12:00 AM

239 posts, read 133,977 times
This water came through my wall last year and trickled into an electric socket and my power went out.
I called the landlord but he couldn't understand where it came from as I live on the 3rd floor so it wasn't floods or anything. He called in a builder and he didn't know either. There are no water pipes behind the wall so it must have come through the bricks, weird.
PS- I live in New St, Plymouth UK and it's one of Britains most haunted streets, there were 6 ghosts around here at the last count.
When it dried out it left this horible stain on the wall-

Old 03-23-2021, 06:22 AM

17,338 posts, read 11,262,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waymarker View Post
This water came through my wall last year and trickled into an electric socket and my power went out.
I called the landlord but he couldn't understand where it came from as I live on the 3rd floor so it wasn't floods or anything. He called in a builder and he didn't know either. There are no water pipes behind the wall so it must have come through the bricks, weird.
PS- I live in New St, Plymouth UK and it's one of Britains most haunted streets, there were 6 ghosts around here at the last count.
Now that's truly bizarre. I'd really be freaking out if there are no pipes in that wall and no source of water could be found. Is it possible water came in during a heavy rain from the bottom corner of the window? That's worthy of further investigation, whether conventional or not.

Old 03-23-2021, 01:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marino760 View Post
Now that's truly bizarre. I'd really be freaking out if there are no pipes in that wall and no source of water could be found. Is it possible water came in during a heavy rain from the bottom corner of the window? That's worthy of further investigation, whether conventional or not.

Yeah that's what me and the landlord and builder thought at first, but after examining the window frame we were still baffled.
I've lived here for 14 years and it's the first time its happened and it's never happened again despite many rain downpours, so it's a mystery why it happened just that once.

Old 03-23-2021, 08:07 PM

23,587 posts, read 70,358,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waymarker View Post
If that is a double hung window, the water would have come from the sash weight cavity. You would need to open that up (usually a bit of the side framing comes off) and look inside to trace it back to any source.

Old 03-23-2021, 08:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry chickpea View Post
If that is a double hung window, the water would have come from the sash weight cavity. You would need to open that up (usually a bit of the side framing comes off) and look inside to trace it back to any source.

Alternatively it could have been a 'Water Poltergeist' up to its tricks..

https://www.anomalist.com/reports/water.html

Quote from the website- "a frequent and sudden gushing of water and other not identified liquids from the ceiling, walls, door bays, and furniture"

Old 03-23-2021, 11:52 PM

250 posts, read 147,984 times
I have had on several occasions it feels like a water dropplet definitely landed on me but nothing was there! I remember once it was on my leg while I was driving. I pulled over, looked and was puzzled because there was not a dark spot where water had landed on my blue jeans. Another time, I was standing in the living room talking to somebody and it felt like a water droplet landed on my shoulder but nothing was there. There are a couple more times it happened but I do not recall the details. The one thing each occurance shared was it felt like water, but there was none to be found. Weird.

Old 04-28-2021, 06:35 AM

1 posts, read 1,000 times
Omgosh this is sooo crazy. I'm googling feeling water and nobody there. And found this thread..... ahhhhhhhh I'm so spooked itss crazy ,... ok .... On Easter Sunday I woke up to hearing a spray bottle noise and then feeling the spray, I touched my face and it was wet... this is crazy someone else had felt the and heard the samething.... but also the same day my tvs both tvs started turning on and off repeatedly all day.. had spectrum come to check it out, he changed our cable boxes, and it was still doing it, then it just stopped. Ok fast forward to yesterday. I'm in bedroom and I felt water hit my leg and touched it an it was wet again.... im like no way this is so weird . Who is there I feel it . I recently had few people pass in the last couple years all close to me, my grandma, my uncle who is like my daddy. And my x boyfriend who I dated 10 years but stayed in contact with... crazy I wish I knew , SOO THE KICKER IS THE TVS ARE GOONG OFFF AND ON REPEATEDLY AGAIN. IM BAFFLED I HAVVE SPECTRUM COMING AGAIN. AND MAYBE NOW SAMSUNG BUT I DOMT KNOW...

Old 07-06-2021, 04:54 PM

1 posts, read 883 times
I have it happen to me often i also see images of peoples ancestors standing by them

Old 05-24-2022, 02:34 AM

1 posts, read 683 times
My goodness, yes, this happened to me this morning and it's bothered me all day, prompting me to Google the situation tonight, leading me directly to this page. At the very least, it feels reassuring knowing that someone else has experienced something similar!

I couldn't sleep last night; I got out of bed and went to the living room so I wouldn't disturb my fiancé while he slept. I was seated on the couch directly beneath the ceiling fan, which was on medium speed, playing a mindless game on my cell phone; I was seated all the way back into the couch with one foot elevated, gently resting on the chest we use as a coffee table. All of a sudden, I felt the sensation that a big, fat and ICE COLD drop of water fall flat down on my shin, and a second passed, and another second, the sensation stayed. I leaned up and saw, in fact, a large drop of water that had landed flat onto my shin. I had my phone in my hands, so I was able to take a photo and a video immediately because I wanted my fiance to believe me. Here are some more details:

I live right across the river from Manhattan in a townhouse in Astoria, top floor. All of the windows were shut, and I was about 6 feet from the nearest window in the first place. The tops of the windows were secured as well ass the bottoms - there is no possible way that this drop of water came from the window. This house is 100 years old, so we do not have central air; instead, we have a window unit for air conditioning, which had not been turned on yet this spring, let used probably 6 months ago. Again, this was in the window 6 feet away.

I am logically theorizing that the drop of water fell straight down, since when it landed, it felt distinctly like it had come from straight above, almost landing with a "thud" on my leg, and it did not feel like it was propelled at an angle or like it was on some sort of trajectory. A simple observation from where the water drop hit my shin straight up to the ceiling shows that the drop would have had to pass through the fan's spinning blades (medium speed).

The ceiling is curiously dropped a foot or so lower than the other ceilings in the house, something we assumed some previous owners had done when they bricked up and enclosed the chimney across the room. The dropped ceiling is covered in copper ceiling tiles, one of the only features we retained from the original remnants of the previous owners. There are no holes or seams or cracks in the telework, and everything was bone dry upon inspection. The medallion surrounding the ceiling fan's connection to the ceiling actually looked a bit wet, but when I touched its dry surface, I realized it looked wet because of the glossy paint we applied when we moved in. The fan had a light layer of dust on it as one would expect on a typical set of fan blades, and the dust was undisturbed by any water streaks or condensation.

It had rained a few days ago (May in NYC), but not enough to warrant a leak like this...The water was ICY COLD, too.

I wiped it up off my shin with a white paper towel and waited for it to dry in case it left a color or stain of a different color. It did not. It dried perfectly clear.

I inspected the cowhide rug beneath the drop too, and it looked normal, no sign of wetness or damage anywhere.

I thought maybe one of the blades on the fan could have flung it onto my leg, but after inspecting the entire ceiling and finding it was completely dry, it's still a mystery.

We have had problems with a leaky ceiling in other parts of the house, but never this room, and there is no evidence of it anyway.

I did not have any glass of water with me, nor was I sweating or crying.

TRULY a mystery.

I am looking forward to reading other experiences like this, because I am baffled.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal