Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-08-2016, 04:29 AM

2,033 posts, read 1,681,350 times

Advertisements

Ok, I am not even sure where to post a question on dream interpretation.

I can see how it could come under either, or both.
Or perhaps a different category that eludes me?

I have always dreamed. I even remember snippets of dreams from when I was a very small child.

Sometimes, my dreams mean something. Sometimes I am aware they are a message. To me, or through me to someone else. Sometimes, they are merely mental static, releasing from the previous day.
It is rare that I do not dream.

Right now, my dreams are speaking to me. But like driving in a different country, you come up to a road sign. It looks familiar, and you feel you should know what it means. But the translation eludes you.

I have never really even dabbled in Dream Interpretation. I just allowed them to flow, whatever they may be. File for future reference...or not.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-08-2016, 08:08 AM

88,617 posts, read 84,857,016 times
I find the dream dictionary at Dreammoods.com helpful sometimes.

Old 02-08-2016, 08:17 AM

2,033 posts, read 1,681,350 times
Thank you! I will look into that.

Old 02-08-2016, 09:52 PM

3,751 posts, read 7,676,737 times
Dream dictionaries, in my opinion are 'supplemental'. Most dream symbols are pretty universal, but they are far from absolute.
Dream dictionaries may say that a spider represents fear. But if you are one who is facing tend by spiders, or even have a pet spider, your dream language would not use a spider to represent fear.
So when you have a dream symbol, consider your feelings and relationship to the symbol.
If a symbol still eludes you, have a look at a dream dictionary and it might trigger something.

Old 02-10-2016, 03:59 PM

88,617 posts, read 84,857,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OwlKaMyst View Post
Dream dictionaries, in my opinion are 'supplemental'. Most dream symbols are pretty universal, but they are far from absolute.
Dream dictionaries may say that a spider represents fear. But if you are one who is facing tend by spiders, or even have a pet spider, your dream language would not use a spider to represent fear.
So when you have a dream symbol, consider your feelings and relationship to the symbol.
If a symbol still eludes you, have a look at a dream dictionary and it might trigger something.
Yes, good advice. The reason I like the Dreammoods.com dictionary is that it gives a number of possibilities but doesn't state THIS is what your dream means. It can provide clues, though, that point you to what you already may know on some level.

Old 04-03-2016, 06:27 PM

1,519 posts, read 1,337,227 times
Yea I use it too psychological interpretations are based on jung and Freud,more mystical interpretations are based on precognition,prophecy,the idea of the dream as a riddle and deeper symbolism.

Old 04-03-2016, 09:13 PM

6,219 posts, read 5,947,134 times
When I took a course in psychoanalytic therapy in grad school, the prof had us keep a dream journal. The goal of the assignment was to record our dreams immediately on waking (if you don't do this, details tend to fade away), and relate them to events in the day or two previous. In almost all cases, I could see where my dreams contained symbolic commentary on recent events in my life. They're the way we make sense of what's happening to us and integrate experiences into the narrative of our lives.

It's not true that only Jungians and Freudians are interested in dream analysis. Here's an article on various therapeutical approaches to dream analysis:

http://epublications.marquette.edu/c...ontext=edu_fac

Note too that these approaches to dream analysis don't eliminate the possibility that some dreams may have precognitive or prophetic content.

Old 04-05-2016, 01:16 AM

19,969 posts, read 30,241,153 times
as I close my eyes again, climbed aboard the dream weaver train....

I use to think dreams tried to make sense of open or unresolved emotions throughout the day
based on our experience or memories..
but ive changed my mind...

ive heard words and seen stuff in my dreams I have no memory of......and wonder where did that come from and why..

too often we bury our pain and anguish, even shame and guilt,,,,instead of facing these fears head on and resolving them,,,, well,,they fester and manifest..in many different ways,,

one way is weird dreams,,..
there's an old saying,,,,settle your demons and you will settle your nightmares..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal