Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-13-2013, 01:27 PM

5,874 posts, read 10,528,943 times

Advertisements

I often have dreams that leave me scared and thinking, i always remember my dreams.

Some of them are really scary, like the one i had yesterday. Does anyone know how to interpretate dreams here?

Last night i had a terrible dream, about my hair. I have long, abundant, brunnette hair, i like my hair, i take care of my hair. But in my dream, it was falling, A LOT, so much that part of my head were completely bold and i had go buy a wig cause my head was turning bald!! The thought of the hair falling that much and the moment i looked in a mirror and saw i was almost bald was TERRIBLE . I felt really bad after waking up.

What could this mean?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-13-2013, 03:36 PM

3,751 posts, read 7,673,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SophieLL View Post

Last night i had a terrible dream, about my hair. I have long, abundant, brunnette hair, i like my hair, i take care of my hair. But in my dream, it was falling, A LOT, so much that part of my head were completely bold and i had go buy a wig cause my head was turning bald!! The thought of the hair falling that much and the moment i looked in a mirror and saw i was almost bald was TERRIBLE . I felt really bad after waking up.

What could this mean?
This is about your concerns over your presentation to others. Are you meeting some new important people or looking for a new job and doing interviews? maybe became single recently and thinking about dating again?
This is about being worried over 'first impressions' and what people will think of you.

Old 01-13-2013, 08:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OwlKaMyst View Post
This is about your concerns over your presentation to others. Are you meeting some new important people or looking for a new job and doing interviews? maybe became single recently and thinking about dating again?
This is about being worried over 'first impressions' and what people will think of you.
wow, you couldnt be more accurate!!!!
I just split up with my boyfriend after 7 years of being together!
And currently looking for a new job, have an interview on tuesday!

wow, im shcoked at how accurate what you said is!

Old 01-13-2013, 10:59 PM

726 posts, read 1,229,381 times
Not looking at other replys:

Seems hair is like most people look at clothes they have on. It is what protects them and what expresses their idea of who they are. An extention of the EGO based on your understanding of yourself.

If you are an advid dreamer I hope you keep a journel. In years to come you will have a rich record to explore the multidemetional parts of you.....The you who sleeps has more then dreams to tell

Old 01-16-2013, 12:33 AM

2,873 posts, read 5,851,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OwlKaMyst View Post
This is what I call an anxiety dream. I have a reoccurring one where I realize I never actually graduated from college. I realize I missed a class or test. There's always a terrible feeling of panic and confusion. It stems from my anxiety over losing my job last year and my fear that my degree and experience won't help me find a new one. It also reflects my anxiety over the passing of time and feeling like I haven't accomplished enough.

But other dreams...my brain throws out some crazy stuff. I would love an interpretation of this one from the other night...it was VERY long and complex. OP, would you mind if I posted it? I don't want to highjack.

Old 01-18-2013, 05:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParallelJJCat View Post
This is what I call an anxiety dream. I have a reoccurring one where I realize I never actually graduated from college. I realize I missed a class or test. There's always a terrible feeling of panic and confusion. It stems from my anxiety over losing my job last year and my fear that my degree and experience won't help me find a new one. It also reflects my anxiety over the passing of time and feeling like I haven't accomplished enough.

But other dreams...my brain throws out some crazy stuff. I would love an interpretation of this one from the other night...it was VERY long and complex. OP, would you mind if I posted it? I don't want to highjack.
Yes, of course, post it It would be great if people would post their dreams and other people from this forum could interpetate. I dont know anything about dream interpretation, but it sure seems interesting! One of the pepople that answered here told me what exactly was happening in my life only with a dream!

Old 01-18-2013, 06:46 PM

(Trying to keep this short, but it was a very long, complex dream)

I'm in a movie theater with a friend. The movie is very boring, so much so that the crowd starts booing it. I tell my friend I want to leave. He says we can't because the war has started. I realized I can hear bombs falling outside.

We start talking about a video game we both enjoyed and I see a 'flashback' scene from the game. It involves a walking bridge in flames that moans as it walks.

When the game scene ends I'm still in the theater. Armed men burst in and open fire on the crowd. My friend is shot and I see his body juddering in place. I crawl under the theater seats until I reach the shooters, then calmly stand and mingle with them, hoping that they will mistake me for one of them and spare me. When they go outside, I go with them. In the group I see a girl I used to know in my childhood. I take her by the hand and we escape by running across fields of wheat.

We continue running until we see the leader of the shooters speaking to a farmer. It feels very ominous. We're able to crawl away without being seen and continue on until we reach numerous buildings slowly sinking under water. The buildings have an Eastern feel to them. There is a soft noise behind us and we turn to see a huge statue of Buddha rising up in the distance. Somehow I know the leader of the shooters is piloting it and that this means the end of the world.

At this point the dream resets to an earlier point. I leave the theater with the shooters, but this time I don't escape right away. I stay with them for a time and try to fit in so they won't realize I'm an imposter. There is a dance and I try to follow the moves, but the leader sees me and asks "Who is that girl who isn't dancing as we do?" I run (this time alone) until I reach the sinking buildings. The leader finds me there, but I conjure a ghost of myself from almonds and hair that distracts him briefly (I don't know where the almonds came from). I see some mangos in a crate and throw them at him. This wounds him, because 'the mangos are of earth and he is of fire.'

While he is laying there wounded he tells me that his group's purpose is to tip the balance in favor of fire...it must outweigh all else by a factor of four. He tells me he could have loved me, but I am of grass and will hurt everyone I touch because of it. I see a scene from his POV involving my mother...she was part of his gang and danced the same way I did, out of step, and he loved that part of her most of all.

I leave him behind and jump from building to building until I reach the last spire that is about to sink below the water. I hear a soft noise behind me and turn to see a Buddha statue rising up...

I think the first part is pretty clearly anxiety about mass shootings and the general state of the world. The rest though...why the monstrous, earth-destroying Buddha? Why the talk of earth and fire and grass?

I'm a lucid dreamer and I became aware it was a dream when the shooting started, so I didn't feel particularly anxious or upset during the dream. The only part where I really felt disturbed was when the leader was talking to the farmer, which is strange since nothing was really happening then. This dream is pretty typical for the types of dream I have...long, with a plot, and involving flashbacks and resets. The only thing it lacked that is typical for me was a narrator.

Old 01-19-2013, 11:35 AM

3,751 posts, read 7,673,454 times
PJ Cat- (I'm a lazy typists, may I call you that?)

It's been a year since the theater shooting, and if you saw anything about that, it is probably why you found it in your dream. These sort of things may or may not have meaning in the dream and just be a neccissary set up for another something that carries meaning. That's what I am thinking this is in this dream...but lets start from the top...

You are at a movie and it's boring- what is supposed to be fun and entertaining and its so bad everyone can't get into it.
Then you flip to your video scene and back to the theater.

I think this is relating to something in your recent past that you had hoped would have panned out but in the end was a disaster, maybe not a disaster but for sure a major disappointment and it really should not have been that way. The event or situation has always been good, but this time it was a flop. You can't leave because you are 'trapped there' by the bombing, could be you had an obligation to stay or the other option is worse.
Something like this would be a big let down and easily be made into a dream.
I'm curious- did you attend a wedding that you felt that was celebrating a union that you feel is wrong and will go sour? Not liking the groom (and his family) at all- the violent characters you mingled into.
I get this impression from the theater scene and the girl representing the bride.
Wven if no wedding, you wanted to save someone from something and you are mad at yourself for not doing more. - the resetting of the dream.
I find that your attention to esoteric things- the wheat, earth and fire. The little girl you have running through a field of wheat is very much like the astrological Virgo. Virgo is the virgin and she is often depicted with a armful of wheat stalks.
With this scene there is an essence of innocense and purity. This may be a major key to finding what this dream relates to in waking life. Virgo is an earth sign. Fire is a destructive thing (gun fire, the bridge), but fire is also a 'friend' of the earth and when a fire scorches the ground it gives nurishment.
Buddha is also related to earth and life of peace.
Could it be that this 'chapter' (movie) in your life is so dull (or not going along as peacefully as you would like) you want what ever you are committed to at this time, you just want it to be over and the only way to do that is to get invovled even though you do not want to. The dream has the 'if you can't beat them join them' thing going on.

This is a very involved dream, this format (forum) is not always the greatest when it comes to things like this. Some dreams are fairly straight forward, but as you say, this one is complex and on my end, it's one that needs conversation to fully explore.
So I may be guessing and wrong about specifics (wedding) but the essence is there is a wanting for change and entering into a new phase, changing the wrongs or just accepting the fact that you did all you could in the situation. It could be that you have some guilt or remorse for not doing more- but it's not warranted, no need to feel guilty or bad about it.
With mention of your mother, I feel that in waking life, that she is significant with the events that brought you to have this dream.
But again, with it's complexity, let's talk about it.
What situations or events might fit into this 'can beat them join them' theme?
What 'guilt' or 'if I had only' do you carry currently?

Old 01-19-2013, 01:08 PM

Location: Central Bay Area, CA as of Jan 2010...but still a proud Texan from Houston!
7,484 posts, read 10,448,062 times
PJ (being a lazy typist as well)

I am sort of puzzled as to how you say you were lucid when the shooting began?

My experience of lucid dreaming is you are completely aware that you are dreaming and you control the dream...you are the narrator.

I know there are levels of lucidity but I have only experienced the deepest level.

Is the lightest level one where you realize you are dreaming but have no control over the events in the dream?

Old 01-19-2013, 04:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TVC15 View Post
PJ (being a lazy typist as well)

I am sort of puzzled as to how you say you were lucid when the shooting began?

My experience of lucid dreaming is you are completely aware that you are dreaming and you control the dream...you are the narrator.

I know there are levels of lucidity but I have only experienced the deepest level.

Is the lightest level one where you realize you are dreaming but have no control over the events in the dream?
I'm almost always lucid from the start, but if I'm not, I use lack of pain as a dream marker. If I can't feel pain, I know it is a dream. So I'll bite my own hand to see if it hurts or not. This is a common dreaming technique, though other people have different markers. Some people might look at a paper in a book, for example, and if they can't read it clearly, they know it's a dream. That doesn't work for me because I very often dream that I'm reading!

However, being a lucid dreamer for me offers no control. I can do very small things (like biting myself to test), but I've never been able to alter the main events. The only big thing I can do is 'ditch out' if I find the dream upsetting. I can basically force myself out of the dream and into sleep paralysis (basically I get 'stuck' between sleeping and being fully awake.)This is not at all a good thing...sleep paralysis is deeply unpleasant for me. Sometimes I do it without meaning to.

I'm the only lucid dreamer I know who doesn't have control. I've read many books on dreaming and how to induce lucid dreams in the hopes of changing that, but nothing works. I do tend to heavily fight sleep paralysis and I'm told if you can relax into it, it will induce a full-blown controlled lucid dream, but I can't imagine not fighting that terrible feeling. I don't know if it's a lighter level or not, but in one way I'm glad of it...lucid controlled dreams all tend to read very much the same (and then I started flying!) This way I get to let my brain run wild while still having the comfort of knowing it's only a dream.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal