Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-01-2016, 03:11 PM

1 posts, read 1,277 times

Advertisements

Hi... Not quite sure how/what to ask but;... I took a few pictures of my boyfriend while he was in front of his bedroom mirror. When we looked at them, there were faces on his chest in two of them. Two different faces... two different photos... but all were taken withing seconds of each other. He thinks one of them looks like his departed Sister, but the other looks to be a very broad stern faced man that he doesn't recognize.

The house itself has a little history;... Two women have died in the home, one being his Mother just a couple of months ago. Him and his Mother collected antiques and knick-knacks for years. After her passing, he unpacked everything and put them out in the house which is full to it's capacity... Also his bedroom, where the pictures were taken is full of American Indian arrowheads, dream catchers, pictures, statues etc... as he is part Cherokee Indian.

I've never been comfortable in the home and he has an unusual attachment to his room. He doesn't leave it for long at a time and his moods have started changing, losing weight, etc... I thought it was just him adjusting to his Mother's death, but not so sure anymore. At any rate, it's starting to spook even him and now that we've seen these pics, it's kind of alarming... Any suggestions who or what this mans face may be or mean? He's afraid it may be inside him, as both faces appeared on his chest? Just very weird especially after the event's of the past couple of months... Any thoughts are appreciated...
Attached Thumbnails
Extra images in the mirror-greg-forum.jpg   Extra images in the mirror-greg-forum-2.jpg  
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-01-2016, 04:43 PM

1,863 posts, read 1,654,219 times
As Doctor Who might say: "I'm the Doctor and I name you - "Facial Pareidolia"!

Old 09-01-2016, 04:45 PM

4,978 posts, read 5,770,618 times
Pareidolia.

Old 09-01-2016, 06:43 PM

6,951 posts, read 6,877,619 times
Whatever it is, it does not sound healthy.

Often antiques have their own energy from other places and people so it is quite possible that some of the things in the house have attachments which are affecting his moods and behaviour. It might be wise to seek help on all that according to your beliefs.

Old 09-01-2016, 08:55 PM

102,211 posts, read 107,931,771 times
I didn't see anything in the first photo, but did see a man's jaw and nose in the 2nd one. There's a belief in Russian tradition and some other parts of Europe about spirits showing up in mirrors. Did he see either of those faces when he was standing in front of the mirror, or only from the photos? I think both of you should spend some more time in front of the mirror and see if anything unusual shows up.

Old 09-01-2016, 11:08 PM

153 posts, read 138,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
I didn't see anything in the first photo, but did see a man's jaw and nose in the 2nd one. There's a belief in Russian tradition and some other parts of Europe about spirits showing up in mirrors. Did he see either of those faces when he was standing in front of the mirror, or only from the photos? I think both of you should spend some more time in front of the mirror and see if anything unusual shows up.
I, too, was able to see a man's mouth, chin and nose, as well as what appears to be a goatee on the chin. Creepy. Remove the mirror right away, that's my advice, since you say your boyfriend is very attached to his badroom (this was a typo on my part, but I think I'll leave it alone.) As for getting rid of that mirror, I think peace of mind outweighs any misgivings your BF may feel about removing it. It may be a portal for spirits, most likely demonic.

Old 09-02-2016, 03:51 PM

6,219 posts, read 5,944,595 times
Good set of examples of pareidolia:

14 eerie 'faces' of pareidolia from nature | MNN - Mother Nature Network

Old 09-04-2016, 08:38 PM

24,768 posts, read 28,526,608 times
Lincoln's ghost

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lincoln%27s_ghost

Old 09-12-2016, 05:05 PM

172 posts, read 185,641 times
I see a horse.

Old 09-12-2016, 06:45 PM

9,511 posts, read 6,105,402 times
........ Shadow People ....... and Animals

My post is #16. I will remember it always.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal