Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-18-2016, 07:46 PM

7 posts, read 5,508 times

Advertisements

First, let me tell you that if you were thinking of a number from 1 to 2, I could never guess it right.

That said, my wife, Janet was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer on 12/21/2015 and passed away on 2/03/2016. Starting a full year before, around January 2015 I began to have a vision of her in our bed dying with me next to her and her sister in the adjacent family room. I can't remember if it started as a dream but it quickly turned into a waking vision. Started with once a week and as the year progressed it became almost daily. Janet was a vegetarian, exercised daily looked like she was in her 30s when she was 55 and never was in the hospital. She had two wellness checkups per year. Once for the company insurance, one she did on her own.

I didn't tell her about it since I didn't want to cause worry. This very visual image became like a bad song that you can't get out of your head. I couldn't shake it. It was always the same, Janet on her side of the bed dying, me next to her and her sister visible through the bedroom door on the couch in the family room. On February 3rd of 2016 at 6:30am Janet took her last breath, with me at her side and her sister on the couch in the family room. The exact way I saw it all those times.

I ask myself what was the point? Was it to prepare me or warn me? Janet had a certain intuitiveness and I could understand if she had a premonition, but me?

Has anyone else experienced the same thing?

Rich
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-18-2016, 09:07 PM

712 posts, read 583,303 times
I have never experienced a premonition like that. It's almost as if you were being prepared for her death. I don't really have anything else to add, but I did want to say I am sorry for your loss Rich.

Old 09-18-2016, 09:16 PM

275 posts, read 470,783 times
Sorry for your loss. Maybe something was trying to prepare you. I'm sure she is greatly missed.

Old 09-19-2016, 12:10 PM

997 posts, read 942,436 times
We all have guides and we don't usually need to have premonitions or to know the future but in this case they wanted to prepare you. I assume because it gave you the information you needed to make that last year memorable. You had time to fully appreciate her before it was time for her to go.

It wasn't supposed to cause you fear. It was supposed to give you the opportunity to mentally prepare and use your time wisely. Her illness was short and unexpected but you had some foreshadowing.

I think it was a special favor to you. You are the one who has to live through it. We all have help. It just isn't usually something we are consciously aware of.

I am sorry for your loss.

Old 09-19-2016, 06:03 PM

Now that you mention it I did do extra things that last year like give her cards that just said how much I loved her. Bought her gifts just because. Started a routine of having lunch out every Sunday. Finished some long standing projects she wanted done.

Now, I'm not sure how this all ties in, it may be pure coincidence. But less than 10 days after Janet was diagnosed her 21 year old (blood) nephew was diagnosed with PC as well. We got him to Sloan right away. He had the Whipple procedure and then 5 months of chemo. Now the cancer is back. We are going back to Sloan on Wednesday, same doc, same nurse, same office where I took Janet.

There was no premonition with him. However, I am following the almost exact process (minus the Whipple) as with Janet. Questions will be the same and I expect the answers will be as well. One of Janet's last requests was for me to take care of the nephews, I am trying my best and hope I don't let her down.

I just don't understand it.

Last edited by rich1445; 09-19-2016 at 06:38 PM..

Old 09-19-2016, 07:50 PM
Z1D

12 posts, read 12,923 times
I'm incredibly sorry for your loss, Rich. That was fast, and I'm sure it is difficult.

I've had similar things happen, but they were not deaths. They were other events (a few major ones). It feels like a parallel life/universe.

With that said, I do not believe anything is a mistake or coincidence. Your guides gave you that premonition (regardless of whether you believe it was good or bad) to prepare. If you received that premonition, just know that it is a *passing* to a higher vibration; she is still near and probably visits you. Are you getting signs?

Again, I'm very sorry for your loss. Sending positive thoughts your way!

Old 09-19-2016, 08:25 PM

15,643 posts, read 26,338,483 times
Rich, I am also sorry for your loss. I can't even begin to imagine your pain. I do hope you have a safe place to really talk this stuff over. I would bet you aren't alone in your experiences...

Old 09-20-2016, 01:15 AM

That is not a coincidence about your nephew. There is a reason for everything but not an explanation. I don't know why he has the same diagnosis. It seems quite unlikely to me. I assume that he will have the best care in every way regardless of whether he stays or goes. I know something about the death process but not about what happens afterwards.

I have very high guidance but they don't tell me anything about that. If I had to say what seems right about this instance is that on some level, your wife volunteered to go first to help the nephew in some way. That sounds crazy but that is what I get. If you are looking for a reason that makes sense that's it. There is no proof, or knowledge about 'the other side' and how that works but when I asked, that was the answer I got. That would make the most sense if he survived and she made the sacrifice. Maybe that will happen. Either way, there is a reason.

Old 09-20-2016, 08:19 AM

Default sacrifice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veronicka View Post
That is not a coincidence about your nephew. There is a reason for everything but not an explanation. I don't know why he has the same diagnosis. It seems quite unlikely to me. I assume that he will have the best care in every way regardless of whether he stays or goes. I know something about the death process but not about what happens afterwards.

I have very high guidance but they don't tell me anything about that. If I had to say what seems right about this instance is that on some level, your wife volunteered to go first to help the nephew in some way. That sounds crazy but that is what I get. If you are looking for a reason that makes sense that's it. There is no proof, or knowledge about 'the other side' and how that works but when I asked, that was the answer I got. That would make the most sense if he survived and she made the sacrifice. Maybe that will happen. Either way, there is a reason.
Unusual that you use the word "sacrifice" I have not said anything to anyone until right now. That was the word that kept running through my head once she was diagnosed. We knew about her nephew and the fact that they both had it at the same time was just so strange considering his young age. Janet was the kind of person that always cared about others even at her own expense.

Old 09-20-2016, 11:42 AM

On some level she volunteered to take the hit. It is like she stepped in front of the bullet to save her nephew. She wasn't consciously aware but on a subconscious level she agreed to do this. I don't know if your nephew is going to survive. It seems unlikely in a logical way but if a miracle were to happen, it would happen in this case.

It could be that she bought him time, or that the battle wasn't won, but she fought the good fight.

We don't get facts about how things really work but we get understanding. The only way to know if this feels right to you is to check with your intuition and your own guidance and feel whether that scenario is confirmed in a way.

From what I know and from what I have been shown, this feels right to me.

If promises were made then you should expect a miracle
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal