Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-22-2017, 08:37 AM

5,718 posts, read 7,261,268 times

Advertisements

No.

I've met people and immediately thought, "That guy's a pr!ck." But "presence of evil"? No.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-22-2017, 09:10 AM

18,759 posts, read 11,798,566 times
I saw pure evil in this teenagers eyes after a terrifying encounter on a gravel road by some quarry on the outskirts of Elgin Illinois. I lived there before I married John, and I had friends there. One night I was visiting one who was a single mother. She lived in a sketchy part of town, but also beautiful in it's own way because of the historic buildings. Her ex boyfriend was visiting along with this teenager. I asked her what he was doing there and she said that she was like his big sister.

This kid asked me for a ride home and since it was after midnight, and cold, I consented. He had me drive down this gravel road and I knew I was in deep trouble. He put his hands around my neck and told me to pull over. That sent me into a rage and words came out of my mouth that would make a sailor blush. It worked and he let go. There was two guys getting in their car ahead of me. Talk about being in the right place at the right time. It's a desolate area and after midnight. I sped up and pretended to be on the path to hitting their car with my horn blaring which got their attention.

The kid jumped out of my car and I told the guys what had happened. They ran after him and caught him. The look in his eyes was just pure evil. He tried to talk his way back into my car and for me to take him back to my friends house. Yeah. NO. He actually was over an hour away by foot to get back home and under dressed. To this day I think about those two guys that helped me. I hope that kid is in jail and someone's girlfriend now.

Old 09-22-2017, 09:29 AM

27,073 posts, read 11,859,243 times
Evil not so much as scary, untreated mental illness. That can SEEM evil at times.

Old 09-22-2017, 11:09 AM

16,709 posts, read 19,416,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SantisimaMuerte View Post
Ooh I have a story. Back in 2000 I took my best friend to explore this old abandoned hospital I found in the city, Oklahoma City to be exact.
Do you mean the St. Vincents Home?

St. Vincent’s Home | Abandoned Oklahoma

Old 09-22-2017, 12:14 PM

4,927 posts, read 2,907,940 times
Evil isn't paranormal, in my opinion; it has to do with people (psychopaths) who are born with a brain dysfunction. They have an incapacity to feel empathy. According to Robert Hare, if you have a large enough sample, it's (IIRC) around 6%. That's six out of 100. Everyone knows someone like this. Only a very small percentage of that 6% are actually serial killers. The rest are people characterized by a history of ripping people off, breaking hearts, manipulating others, and other bad behaviors.

I had a stalker for two years and read about this subject extensively. I would recommend the following:

* The Liar in Your Life: The Way to Truthful Relationships, Robert Feldman
* The End of Privacy, Charles J. Sykes
* Desktop Witness, Michael A. Caloyannides
* Emotional Vampires: Dealing With People Who Drain You Dry, Albert Bernstein Kindle ed.
* Net Crimes and Misdemeanors, J. A. Hitchcock
* The Gift of Fear, Gavin De Becker
* The Sociopath Next Door, Martha Stout
* Snakes in Suits: When Psychopaths Go to Work, Paul Babiak
* Without Conscience: The Disturbing World of the Psychopaths Among Us, Robert D. Hare

The sense of evil is generated because these folks operate from the reptile part of the human brain. They are frequently intelligent, and are aware of their disability, practicing behaving and speaking and reacting normally, since they really don't have normal reactions. What most people would find sad or disturbing, they find funny or indifferent.

There is no cure. Run in the opposite direction!!

Last edited by KaraZetterberg153; 09-22-2017 at 12:25 PM..

Old 09-22-2017, 12:17 PM

16,709 posts, read 19,416,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaraZetterberg153 View Post
Evil isn't paranormal, in my opinion; it has to do with people who are born with a brain dysfunction. They have an incapacity to feel empathy. According to Robert Hare, if you have a large enough sample, it's (IIRC) around 6%. That's six out of 100. Everyone knows someone like this. Only a very small percentage of that 6% are actually serial killers. The rest are people characterized by a history of ripping people off, breaking hearts, manipulating others, and other bad behaviors.
Evil is paranormal because it is being possessed by the devil.

I believe the word you're looking for is sociopathic, and belongs in psychology.

Old 09-22-2017, 12:41 PM

13,480 posts, read 8,382,658 times
On the internet. I've been stalked. Can't say what this person's issue was. Obsession with me, perhaps? I don't go looking for someone online repeatedly so I can't really say.

Old 09-22-2017, 12:44 PM

13,480 posts, read 8,382,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaraZetterberg153 View Post
Evil isn't paranormal, in my opinion; it has to do with people (psychopaths) who are born with a brain dysfunction. They have an incapacity to feel empathy. According to Robert Hare, if you have a large enough sample, it's (IIRC) around 6%. That's six out of 100. Everyone knows someone like this. Only a very small percentage of that 6% are actually serial killers. The rest are people characterized by a history of ripping people off, breaking hearts, manipulating others, and other bad behaviors.!
True, many psychopaths may never commit any crime at all. On paper, they are law abiding citizens. But in their privates lives, they wreak havoc. I was briefly involved with a male psychopath in my 20s. These days, he's not doing so well anymore. He was a workplace bully for many years and it finally came to an end. He grooms dogs for a living, but even that disturbs me because I'd witnessed him being abusive to his dog one time, years ago.

Old 09-22-2017, 01:38 PM

1,110 posts, read 896,900 times
I am abjectly lousy in the presence of evil.

I worked with a most heinous mass murderer at the Pentagon, I thought he was a sweet, shy young man.

Elsewhere, I also was willing to and wanted to buy into a swindler's con game, but he would not take my money.

I also thought that I had given directions to the DMV for the horrendous 9/11 folks who became pilots to use planes as weapons (I turned out to be wrong). A group of men had to get VA driver's licenses, and I told them about the most convenient DMV location.

Old 09-22-2017, 01:38 PM

4,927 posts, read 2,907,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PriscillaVanilla View Post
True, many psychopaths may never commit any crime at all. On paper, they are law abiding citizens. But in their privates lives, they wreak havoc. I was briefly involved with a male psychopath in my 20s. These days, he's not doing so well anymore. He was a workplace bully for many years and it finally came to an end. He grooms dogs for a living, but even that disturbs me because I'd witnessed him being abusive to his dog one time, years ago.
Yikes! Oprah featured *The Gift of Fear* on one of her shows and all young women, especially, should read that book.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal