Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-11-2023, 06:47 AM

21,884 posts, read 12,964,704 times

Advertisements

What do you all think of this, now free from the Apple store? I don't do "smart" phones myself, but an acquaintance relayed an experience, supposedly with a recently deceased loved one, and it was frankly kind of disturbing. Lots of words and phrases denoting negative energy, unhappiness, and distress. Yikes! I'm of course skeptical/dubious of its legitimacy. I've received messages and signs from my deceased loved one (not through an app, but in the traditional way), and it was a positive experience, leaving me with the impression is that all is well over there. Thank goodness! Seems flaky and potentially dangerous to me, but then I don't trust technology in general and think some things should still be sacred and not messed with (I don't do old-fashioned Ouija boards, either).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-11-2023, 07:18 AM

3,299 posts, read 3,025,823 times
If you talk to your acquaintance, please tell them this was not their loved one. In all my years of talking to people’s deceased loved ones as a medium, there was never negativity or distress, just love and positivity--even if the original relationship had been a difficult one, the deceased person would be loving and forgiving, or asking of forgiveness.

Most of the time when someone gets these negative, or even scary, messages, it is a low level entity messing around. Absent the type of strong, focused spiritual protection that a professional medium will provide to a client, there is no telling who your friend was actually talking to.

Old 07-11-2023, 09:46 AM

981 posts, read 541,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by otterhere View Post
What do you all think of this, now free from the Apple store? I don't do "smart" phones myself, but an acquaintance relayed an experience, supposedly with a recently deceased loved one, and it was frankly kind of disturbing. Lots of words and phrases denoting negative energy, unhappiness, and distress. Yikes! I'm of course skeptical/dubious of its legitimacy. I've received messages and signs from my deceased loved one (not through an app, but in the traditional way), and it was a positive experience, leaving me with the impression is that all is well over there. Thank goodness! Seems flaky and potentially dangerous to me, but then I don't trust technology in general and think some things should still be sacred and not messed with (I don't do old-fashioned Ouija boards, either).
I have ghost radar on my iPhone. I loaded it a long time ago when my nephew showed it to me on his iPhone. At the time I was taking care of my mother before she died. My opinion is that the app (and I believe this is probably true for the Ghost Talker app as well) uses the database of converstations that Apple records and pulls words from that, things you have said in the past day or two. If your friend is getting distressed messages, ask her to think about what kinds of things she has been talking about in the presence of her phone. If she is worried about that recently deceased person and has spoken about it the app will use that for its "messages".

I have received messages from my deceased loved ones too, in dreams or sometimes just a faint voice in my head. It is normal and we need to be more open to that kind of thing, that we don't need electronic devices for that type of communication. I have even gone to a medium out of the blue (driving down the road and see Psychic fair today), a medium that was visiting from over seas and she did not ask anything except my first name, then told me "You talk to your mother all the time. She says she hears you." And other stuff about other people who had passed without asking me any questions. If a medium asks too many questions I don't trust them.

Last edited by DesertRat56; 07-11-2023 at 09:49 AM.. Reason: more info

Old 07-11-2023, 12:48 PM

15,638 posts, read 26,256,044 times
I’ve never heard of that specifically, I have heard of ghost apps where they can connect with the spirits that are around you. But that’s meant to scare the bejeebers out of you for fun. It’s not meant to be like a medium connecting you with your loved ones you’ve passed on.

OK just looked it up. The paranormal people are saying this is a research tool to speak with the spirits that are around you, and not a medium tool . So I was right. The person that you were talking to that use that to connect was connecting with spirits that are around them in that space. That’s always problematic. Because who’s likely to not move on? The people who are inclined to mess your life up. Not your great aunt Mary who loves you and wishes you the best. I would tell that person to stop playing with it. Because obviously she probably doesn’t know what she’s doing.

Old 07-12-2023, 04:02 PM

18,270 posts, read 14,429,514 times
Negative messages are probably from low entities, such as demons. Your friend probably now has a demon or other lowly entity attached to them and is going to depress the heck of your friend. Try to get rid of it and don't play with that thing anymore (tell this to your friend).

Old 07-13-2023, 08:16 PM

1,706 posts, read 1,151,890 times
Whatever medium/method works best for you.

In my life, I use 2-3 methods to discern spiritual ideas/messages.

I actually avoid EVP recordings b/c they creep me out. I mean, why make myself uncomfortable?

Anyhow, this app sounds like a conversation starter.

Old 07-21-2023, 09:45 AM

56 posts, read 23,175 times
Just another magic 8 ball.

Old 08-12-2023, 06:32 PM

736 posts, read 484,858 times
I would like to speak to my recently deceased mother.

Skeptics say that we just go back to ashes and nothingness after we die. I hope that is not the case.

Old 08-14-2023, 12:50 PM

Location: East of Seattle since 1992, 615' Elevation, Zone 8b - originally from SF Bay Area
44,576 posts, read 81,167,557 times
I would consider this kind of smartphone app to be unreliable, since the phone has access to all of your conversations, texts, and social media. On the other hand, a real Ghost box uses radio devices to randomly scan AM and FM frequencies, presenting the audio as the words of spirits. For me that is far more plausible, and if you believe what happens on TV shows like "Ghost Brothers" there are responses that couldn't be considered coincidence. Having a couple of experiences myself along with my wife I remain open to the idea of spirits, but am not totally convinced.

Old 08-14-2023, 01:34 PM

736 posts, read 484,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemlock140 View Post
I would consider this kind of smartphone app to be unreliable, since the phone has access to all of your conversations, texts, and social media. On the other hand, a real Ghost box uses radio devices to randomly scan AM and FM frequencies, presenting the audio as the words of spirits. For me that is far more plausible, and if you believe what happens on TV shows like "Ghost Brothers" there are responses that couldn't be considered coincidence. Having a couple of experiences myself along with my wife I remain open to the idea of spirits, but am not totally convinced.
I have always been a skeptic myself, but some strange things have happened to me since my mother died a few months ago.

Peace and love to you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal