Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-13-2019, 02:15 PM

9,511 posts, read 6,105,402 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eNfsd47DPJw

There are natural explanations why we find cows in tree tops and draped over power lines.
Lol; Monty Python.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-13-2019, 03:10 PM

18,773 posts, read 18,145,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coschristi View Post
These 'birds' have literally been SIGHTED circling cattle in Texas before.
Cattle egrets do follow cattle; but they are smaller than black vultures. If you're talking about birds large enough to lift cows; they would have to be the size of Rodan. But we have no evidence of any birds that size; other than reports. Something that size would leave plenty of circumstantial evidence behind after it fed.

[

Old 10-13-2019, 03:16 PM

2,462 posts, read 2,480,403 times
Black helicopters and strange lights are what's most often associated with these mutilations. Since a full-grown bull's weight averages around 2000lbs, it's not likely dinosaur-like birds could pick one up. This is not to say I don't believe in the existence of these birds.

Old 10-13-2019, 03:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bagster View Post
Black helicopters and strange lights are what's most often associated with these mutilations. Since a full-grown bull's weight averages around 2000lbs, it's not likely dinosaur-like birds could pick one up. This is not to say I don't believe in the existence of these birds.
If I spent $6 to $10 million dollars on my helicopter I would not be taking any stinking cow for a ride. You do know that when they have loose stools they can throw it a good ten feet!

Old 10-13-2019, 04:56 PM

6,951 posts, read 6,877,619 times
Abduction victms do not report crapping themselves when they are abducted so I do not suppose cows would do it either. I think you are 'frozen' so that you cannot struggle and this is possibly why the farmer does not hear the cow making bellows of fear as it is lifted out of the herd by something.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadow
It doesn't look drained of blood to me. I would think that an animal drained of blood would look thinner and, well flatter. The gaping hole in the groin looks exactly like a deer I saw the other day on the side of the road, roadkill. It had bloated in the heat and burst. Its butt area, for lack of a better word, had this same gaping opening look, as if someone had cut a large circle of skin away. It was just the way that it burst from the decomp gases blowing up and bursting through an area of the thinnest skin on the body. In the case of the steer, it looks bloated to me, and perhaps after bursting, a small animal, not a predator, ate off the genitals. Sorry to be so graphic. May have just died of a disease. They need to do a necropsy on the bulls and see if they all died of the same cause. There might be a cattle disease and the rancher doesn't want to lose value on his remaining cattle by revealing that some of his cattle all died of disease. It might prevent him from collecting on any business insurance too if it can be proven that they were neglected or in need of vet care that he failed to provide. In that case, the mutilation could be a trick by the farmer to protect his assets. There are far more potential explanations besides predators and aliens.
So, if you had been farming for 40 years, do you think you would recognise an abnormal killing of your cattle? Yes, of course you would.

All these things are possible, but over the years there have been enough investigations to rule out many of these possibilities. Where the police authorities are involved, then proper investigations will be done, and bear in mind the farmers generally do not have scalpels or lasers lying around for them to spend time away from the normal farming chores, learning how to use them in this way. Insurance companies get proper investigations done too - just like if you have an accident in your car, they send someone to the garage to assess the damage and how much you or the other party gets paid for that damage. In my opinion, this is a typical armchair researchers reaction and does not look at the whole picture.

Quote:
Originally Posted by coschristi
they drop them to break the bones open.
Yes, .... but they drop BONES on to rocks, not whole cattle. If you drop a whole cow, then it just goes plunk. You end up maybe breaking a few bones INSIDE the cow but you cannot get at the marrow until you have eaten into the body and some other critter may get to it first. All your effort of lifting and dropping would be wasted in that case. C'mon, use a little common sense.

Vultures are lazy birds and do not prey on live animals unless they really have to. Thats why they circle up high so they can see for miles any dead animal or recent kill. They generally allow other things to do the killing first and then go in and eat afterwards.

Quote:
.....but when all the evidence at the mutilation sites point to bird predation; with they prey being MUCH larger than average-sized bird's prey & there have been multiple sightings, including three people at the same time who saw two of them circling a herd of cattle;
NO, all the evidence does not. You are just not acknowledging some large pieces of the puzzle.

I am not saying these huge birds dont exist, because I think they probably do, but the real life evidence does not show birds of prey make these kind of incisions, they do not remove udders and tongues, and they leave blood and guts lying around.

Show me vultures on a recent kill and show me no blood, clean precision cuts, removed tongue, and actual CORED OUT rectum and eyes. Then I might think you have a case for these birds doing the mutilations. If this huge bird is a bird of prey, then it does not fit the facts of cattle mutilation to say this huge bird is what is doing these mutilations.

Saying that vultures are circling above a herd of cows is probably true, BUT they are also circling above so much more as well because of the height they are at. You are just fitting the facts (vultures circling at height) to the focus of your argument (cattle herd) in this case.

Last edited by ocpaul20; 10-13-2019 at 05:38 PM..

Old 10-13-2019, 06:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocpaul20 View Post
Abduction victms do not report crapping themselves when they are abducted so I do not suppose cows would do it either. I think you are 'frozen' so that you cannot struggle and this is possibly why the farmer does not hear the cow making bellows of fear as it is lifted out of the herd by something.
You obviously have never been stuck for miles behind a cattle hauler on a hot summer day! Since when do cows worry about when they defecate!

As far as freezing victims what are you doing; making this stuff up as you go! You still want to point to ET. Lets bring it back down to earth; with likely suspects. There is no reason to compete with Stephen King.

Old 10-13-2019, 08:51 PM

6,951 posts, read 6,877,619 times
Quote:
As far as freezing victims what are you doing; making this stuff up as you go! You still want to point to ET. Lets bring it back down to earth; with likely suspects. There is no reason to compete with Stephen King.
Sorry, I dont understand you. ...Freezing victims?

None of what I said in my previous post was made up as far as I know. There have been numerous reports where abduction victims are unable to move while they are being abducted.

Old 10-13-2019, 09:13 PM

28,122 posts, read 12,603,511 times
I saw this article about the 5 bull being found...

https://www.capitalpress.com/ag_sect...4f250c206.html

The investigators ruled out animal predators, they said the cuts were made with something extremely sharp.

When they were talking about how these bulls initially died, it was interesting, they said by the looks of it, they just fell over and died right on the spot.

I find it curious they cannot even determine how these animals died, much less the parts that were cut out. So, those of you who believe humans are doing this...how are they killing the cows first in your opinion?

Does anyone know, over the years, with any of these cattle mutilation cases, has anyone EVER been charged with the crime, or been a suspect? Seems like if these cases go back to the 1970s, and so many investigations going on, at least a couple people would be caught.

Old 10-13-2019, 11:00 PM

9,511 posts, read 6,105,402 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
Cattle egrets do follow cattle; but they are smaller than black vultures. If you're talking about birds large enough to lift cows; they would have to be the size of Rodan. But we have no evidence of any birds that size; other than reports. Something that size would leave plenty of circumstantial evidence behind after it fed.
It IS. Reports of pooled fluids that burn the skin if touched. Felled tree limbs. Tripod shaped holes in the ground. Like actual raptor tracks but the individual holes are 3 feet apart. There are corresponding puncture holes on the cattle hides. Usually six, that wraps around the entire body of the cow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bagster View Post
Black helicopters have not been reported since the 1970s. The lights are always described as a pair or pairs ... of orbs. Tapetum lucidum. Eyeshine. Just really, really big eyes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocpaul20 View Post
Yes, .... but they drop BONES on to rocks, not whole cattle. If you drop a whole cow, then it just goes plunk. You end up maybe breaking a few bones INSIDE the cow but you cannot get at the marrow until you have eaten into the body and some other critter may get to it first. All your effort of lifting and dropping would be wasted in that case. C'mon, use a little common sense.

Vultures are lazy birds and do not prey on live animals unless they really have to. Thats why they circle up high so they can see for miles any dead animal or recent kill. They generally allow other things to do the killing first and then go in and eat afterwards.
I said vulture-like digestion & silhouette when flying. Not a literal, just oversized vulture.

Quote:
I am not saying these huge birds dont exist, because I think they probably do, but the real life evidence does not show birds of prey make these kind of incisions, they do not remove udders and tongues, and they leave blood and guts lying around.

Show me vultures on a recent kill and show me no blood, clean precision cuts, removed tongue, and actual CORED OUT rectum and eyes. Then I might think you have a case for these birds doing the mutilations. If this huge bird is a bird of prey, then it does not fit the facts of cattle mutilation to say this huge bird is what is doing these mutilations.

Saying that vultures are circling above a herd of cows is probably true, BUT they are also circling above so much more as well because of the height they are at. You are just fitting the facts (vultures circling at height) to the focus of your argument (cattle herd) in this case.
We already know of birds with beaks that can core. And they do so to feed on the blood of their prey. It's called the Galapagos Vampire Finch. It's evolved with a straw-like structure as a beak. The closest eyewitness account of the beak on 'Big Bird' is like this (from the Greenville Herald Banner Jan 10, 1976):

Click image for larger version

Name:	greenville-herald-banner-Jan-10-1976-p-2 (2).png
Views:	53
Size:	58.4 KB
ID:	215426You don't think a skinny, 3-foot long beak could be capable of coring or excising?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
Does anyone know, over the years, with any of these cattle mutilation cases, has anyone EVER been charged with the crime, or been a suspect? Seems like if these cases go back to the 1970s, and so many investigations going on, at least a couple people would be caught.
Nope, never. Not once.

Sorry but honestly, out of all the possible suspects; Big Bird just has more of a reason to want a cow on a regular basis than any of the others do.

Old 10-13-2019, 11:51 PM

28,122 posts, read 12,603,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coschristi View Post
It IS. Reports of pooled fluids that burn the skin if touched. Felled tree limbs. Tripod shaped holes in the ground. Like actual raptor tracks but the individual holes are 3 feet apart. There are corresponding puncture holes on the cattle hides. Usually six, that wraps around the entire body of the cow.

Black helicopters have not been reported since the 1970s. The lights are always described as a pair or pairs ... of orbs. Tapetum lucidum. Eyeshine. Just really, really big eyes.

I said vulture-like digestion & silhouette when flying. Not a literal, just oversized vulture.

We already know of birds with beaks that can core. And they do so to feed on the blood of their prey. It's called the Galapagos Vampire Finch. It's evolved with a straw-like structure as a beak. The closest eyewitness account of the beak on 'Big Bird' is like this (from the Greenville Herald Banner Jan 10, 1976):

Attachment 215426You don't think a skinny, 3-foot long beak could be capable of coring or excising?

Nope, never. Not once.

Sorry but honestly, out of all the possible suspects; Big Bird just has more of a reason to want a cow on a regular basis than any of the others do.
Its interesting, in that newspaper article, the witness says it may have wings like a bird, but its no bird, also that instead of flying away it walked away. I cannot imagine what kind of animal/bird he saw!

You make a good point about a bird having the most interest in cows, but if they are the ones doing this...where were they prior to the 1970s? Plenty of cows were available to them back then as well. Really I think the simple fact that this 'phenomenon' started in the 1970s is a pretty indicator that its nothing natural or animal, if so, they would have been doing this prior to 1970s, it wouldnt be something new.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal