Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-16-2020, 02:39 PM

12,282 posts, read 13,241,939 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Javacoffee View Post
If someone hadn't mentioned a diamond shape, I never would have seen it. All I saw were fallen branches. It's a common occurrence in the woods. If the cameraman had stepped two paces to the right or left before snapping the photo, the diamond shape wouldn't even show up.

Seems to me if there was a BF he'd have better things to do than play mind games with us humans by rearranging the trees.

UH HUH!

First you say BF doesn't exist but then you say:

If there was a BF . Then you claim to know what a BF Thinks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-16-2020, 05:01 PM

18,773 posts, read 18,145,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Versatile View Post
UH HUH!

First you say BF doesn't exist but then you say:

If there was a BF . Then you claim to know what a BF Thinks
And you know what BF thinks?

Old 01-17-2020, 12:11 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,603,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark S. View Post
This sort of "evidence" always reminds me of that scene in Ghostbusters, when they come on the tower of stacked books in the library.

Stantz: Symmetrical book stacking... just like the Philadelphia mass turbulence of 1947.

Venkman: You're right. No human being would stack books like this.

So this kind of stuff in the trees definitely doesn't look like a natural phenomenon. I don't see how wind and rain could do that. Something did it. But is that "something" Bigfoot? No evidence of that. It should be three dozen other things before we arrive at Bigfoot.

If a large hair-covered creature did do something like that, I'm pretty sure there would be more than a few bits of strands in the area. Gather some. Send it for DNA analysis and see what pops. But again, we come back to the remarkable lack of evidence for Bigfoot. Just conjecture.

If you're going to leap to the Bigfoot explanation, you're going to need more than some bent trees for people to take the claim seriously.
Even if someone did get a hair sample...what would you expect the results to be (if it was a Bigfoot)? How do you know what those results would even look like? Maybe it would just show up as being human, or something else?

Old 01-17-2020, 06:26 AM

22,921 posts, read 28,279,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
Even if someone did get a hair sample...what would you expect the results to be (if it was a Bigfoot)? How do you know what those results would even look like? Maybe it would just show up as being human, or something else?
I suspect it would show up as raccoon or bear. If not ... we'll cross that bridge when we come to it. Let's get some actual evidence before we argue about what it means.

Old 01-17-2020, 06:55 AM

Everything thing has a cost. Everyone wants DNA but no one wants to pay.
All these demands. How about someone on this forum; find a place with DNA testing facility., report back with costs, equipment needed, the protocol to follow.

Old 01-17-2020, 07:06 AM

5,674 posts, read 5,885,028 times
You guys should look at some of the research Prof. Jeff Meldrum has done. The thing I like about him is he is just a quick to debunk "evidence" as he is to accept it. He has many hair samples that are unidentified, since no DNA could be pulled, because of age or other reasons, but all have similarities to both human and primate hair.

Old 01-17-2020, 08:26 AM

6,806 posts, read 4,476,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UpstateJohn View Post
You guys should look at some of the research Prof. Jeff Meldrum has done. The thing I like about him is he is just a quick to debunk "evidence" as he is to accept it. He has many hair samples that are unidentified, since no DNA could be pulled, because of age or other reasons, but all have similarities to both human and primate hair.
What it proves is we have a mystery. It doesn't prove Bigfoot.

Some of us, not all, need more proof than unidentifiable hairs and speculation.

And as someone else mentioned, the "artists" who think it's funny to fake sightings of BF don't do anybody a favor.

Old 01-17-2020, 08:41 AM

A body or a sizable chunk is the only things that will prove it.

With new AI programs we just cannot believe anything we see. There is a major fear of fake videos created by AI of candidates in politics; so we are no different.

Old 01-17-2020, 09:04 AM

22,921 posts, read 28,279,449 times
Quote:
A body or a sizable chunk is the only things that will prove it.

With new AI programs we just cannot believe anything we see. There is a major fear of fake videos created by AI of candidates in politics; so we are no different.
Agreed. Some sort of physical evidence is needed. If not a body, then at least a bone, DNA sample, etc.

CGI has gotten very good, and there are some really talented hoaxters out there.

Old 01-17-2020, 11:20 AM

18,773 posts, read 18,145,830 times
Quote:
Everything thing has a cost. Everyone wants DNA but no one wants to pay.
All these demands. How about someone on this forum; find a place with DNA testing facility., report back with costs, equipment needed, the protocol to follow.
It isn't a matter of paying. It is a matter of showing us the results after you get them. Take your Professor Meldrum from Idaho State University. He has a collection of Big Foot plaster cast from supposedly Big Foot tracks. The University that he works for has a genetics department and can do DNA testing. I would bet that somebody in that department would do the testing for free for Dr. Meldrum. Heck, if the genetics department could prove there was a Big Foot, it would mean more money and higher enrolments - they have nothing to loose as long as their test could be verified. If the Professor did have the test done; did he cover up the results? Once you base your 'fame' on a assumption; would you be quick to tell the world you were wrong?

When two renowned universities (Oxford and Lausanne) tested the Yeti samples they ended up with Himalayan brown bear, while other purported yeti samples were actually from the Tibetan blue bear, Asiatic black bear and a domestic dog. I would speculate that many in their genetics departments would have loved to have found proof of the Yeti.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal