Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-22-2020, 07:31 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,581,566 times

Advertisements

I saw this on Facebook, a handful of people say this old toy is possessed, and can talk/move around on its on, with or without battery power. I thought this was pretty interesting.

https://www.ranker.com/list/teddy-ru...dztJ1Kj_h1-FUs

I remember having a Teddy Ruxpin as a kid, funny thing is, I remember myself and my siblings really bugging our parents to get one, but when Christmas came and we got one, I dont remember playing with it that much at all, I think it sat in a closet most of the time, I couldnt tell you whatever became of the toy, guessing it was thrown out at some point.

I also had a Furby in the 90s, I think I messed with it a couple times and that was it, I dont ever recall anything strange or weird happening with either toy though.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-22-2020, 08:06 AM

5,671 posts, read 5,871,621 times
SMDH! It was nothing more than 80s/90s technology being hacked, or programmed by the unscrupulous employees, and scared kids imaginations. But now that its on Facebook, its really possessed.

Old 07-22-2020, 09:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UpstateJohn View Post
SMDH! It was nothing more than 80s/90s technology being hacked, or programmed by the unscrupulous employees, and scared kids imaginations. But now that its on Facebook, its really possessed.
Well, in many of the cases, the doll was working without batteries and/or a cassette tape.

And I think its likely these people already had stuff going on in their homes, the doll was just one more thing.

Old 07-22-2020, 02:12 PM

5,671 posts, read 5,871,621 times
My kids had books that "talked". Batteries died they used them so much. Right conditions during a thuderstorm and a couple of them would "talk". Doesnt mean they were possessed.

Somewhere in China some 70 year old engineer is laughing..........

Old 07-22-2020, 06:50 PM

6,931 posts, read 6,865,664 times
Quote:
Somewhere in China some 70 year old engineer is laughing..........
Hahahaha

Look for the Huawei chip inside !

Old 07-22-2020, 07:23 PM

19,697 posts, read 20,225,871 times
My friend had a Teddy Ruxpin. We put a music tape in there and he was really rocking out, we were laughing our butts off, and then it broke. She threw a hissy fit and started crying. It was still funny as hell though.

I had a talking Fievel doll (you know, the mouse from the movie) and I did the same thing to that one. lol

I remember trying to sleep one night, and it was staring at me from across the room and I got freaked out. Of course this was after the whole Cabbage Patch Kid incident - I was @ a sleepover with my cousins and they convinced us the dolls came to life at night. If you look at their faces in the dark, they start moving. (and they do)

We were goofy kids, we were calling Bloody Mary through the mirror and all that stuff, playing Ghost in the Graveyard, and Bloody Murder outside in the neighborhood after dark.

Man, we had so much fun in the 80s...

Old 07-22-2020, 10:05 PM

4,659 posts, read 4,117,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by D217 View Post
My friend had a Teddy Ruxpin. We put a music tape in there and he was really rocking out, we were laughing our butts off, and then it broke. She threw a hissy fit and started crying. It was still funny as hell though.

I had a talking Fievel doll (you know, the mouse from the movie) and I did the same thing to that one. lol

I remember trying to sleep one night, and it was staring at me from across the room and I got freaked out. Of course this was after the whole Cabbage Patch Kid incident - I was @ a sleepover with my cousins and they convinced us the dolls came to life at night. If you look at their faces in the dark, they start moving. (and they do)

We were goofy kids, we were calling Bloody Mary through the mirror and all that stuff, playing Ghost in the Graveyard, and Bloody Murder outside in the neighborhood after dark.

There is actually a purely natural phenomenon where if you stare at your own face in the mirror long enough, it becomes unrecognizable. Nothing supernatural...just a trick your eyes play. This is what causes people to think they see Bloody Mary, evil Cabbage dolls, etc.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Troxler%27s_fading

Old 07-23-2020, 12:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by D217 View Post

I agree with you 100% on this!! Id give anything to go back and re live those years again, starting about 1984 until early 90s. I can easily say those were my happiest days.

I dont think we even gave Bigfoot, demons, etc or any of that stuff any thought back then either! Its just not something anyone talked about in those days that I saw.

Old 07-23-2020, 05:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cachibatches View Post
There is actually a purely natural phenomenon where if you stare at your own face in the mirror long enough, it becomes unrecognizable. Nothing supernatural...just a trick your eyes play. This is what causes people to think they see Bloody Mary, evil Cabbage dolls, etc.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Troxler%27s_fading
Yeah, I know

I was just going along with the spirit of fun being a kid in this thread..lol

Old 07-23-2020, 05:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
I agree with you 100% on this!! Id give anything to go back and re live those years again, starting about 1984 until early 90s. I can easily say those were my happiest days.

I dont think we even gave Bigfoot, demons, etc or any of that stuff any thought back then either! Its just not something anyone talked about in those days that I saw.
Definitely!!!

I think that was officially the last great decade for being a kid.

We were really into ghosts and scary movies, spooky stuff like that. I had all those "Scary Stories To Tell In The Dark" books. Even Ouija boards were a popular pastime back then as well. lol

The games, the folklore, and the stories that were passed around... we had a real sense of community. All that seems lost on kids today. It's not their fault, but it's a real shame.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal