Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-03-2020, 05:17 PM

6,956 posts, read 6,880,495 times

Advertisements

Channeling other entities is an interesting topic because it is very much like mediumship but might be a different level of trance perhaps. Some think it is a form of possession.

They claim that they "get out of the way, and allow the entity to take over their body and use it to speak". To a certain extent I suppose it is the same as automatic writing but just less localised on the arm and hand.

I have been listening to Darryl Anka (Bashar, bashar.org) who claims to be an alien from a ship in Earth's atmosphere. I like what he has to say as I feel it is not a controlling personality and appears to want to teach us to live better and more productive lives. Much of what he says I have heard before and kind of aligns with my thinking which I have developed over many years and across many belief systems. It is however, very different from what orthodox religions tell us is going on.

Of course, not everyone will be suited to this kind of teaching and not everyone will be able to accept it for what it is claimed to be. Many people will probably claim this is a type of split personality and needs attention from a doctor, but I feel that if it resonates and feels true, then run with it for a while and see if your life improves as a result.

And...yes, there are courses and videos and books for sale, but we DO have a choice and we dont have to buy them if we do not believe what Bashar says is true for us.

Each of us earns a living how we can and no-one is forcing us to listen to anyone. If you are going to judge a book by its cover, then religion often insists you pay money to it too. Tithing is often indicated in various religions, there are courses you can attend to deepen your knowledge and videos you can buy, so in that respect it is no different from any education-related business.

There are many and various people who also claim to be able to channel entities including Jane Roberts (Seth, sethcenter.com) and also teachers who claim they are not channeling but receiving wisdom/information more directly (Ashayana Deane) somehow. But, however the information is received, the value is whether you consider there is truth in it for you.

Dont forget too, that you change as you age, so what is relevant at one stage of your life may not be appropriate for you the next year.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-03-2020, 08:31 PM

28,122 posts, read 12,608,522 times
I wonder if there is a way to ensure they get who they channel...and not have 'something else' show up, pretending to be the one who was channeled?

Something like this could also be a GREAT tool of deception, (in the wrong hands)

Old 12-04-2020, 02:50 AM

I think it is a matter of matching up with some being which is compatible, so I dont think it is a whizz in and start talking kind-of thing. I think it takes a while for them to begin working together and that involves a lot of trust.

I mean, you are leaving your body in someone elses hands and trust them not to trash it. You would not let a drunk use your body would you?

As I understand it, the being has to get used to manipulating your body too as they are not used to running a human. Like getting into a new car and finding out where all the indicators, gear sticks, windscreen wipers are and which way to turn them to the 'on' position. I dont know if it really is like that, but thats how I explain it to myself. Maybe if someone else on here does it, they can tell us how it is done.

You and I have grown up with this body so we know where everything is and we learned at an early age how to move arms and legs in the right way. I get the feeling the beings probably would not be comfortable moving around too much, using those leg things and working out how to balance.

Old 12-15-2020, 02:09 PM

249 posts, read 332,686 times
Depends on the type of channel. Someone can channel clairaudiently, that is "hear things". Don't necessarily have to "leave your body" or take on "energy" of the channeled information. I know this from experience, but if you are interested there are books on (how to channel). One common book is Opening to Channel by Packard and Roman.

Old 12-16-2020, 09:39 PM

From what I know, channeling is rather more than clairaudience. It is an almost total take-over of the body for a while but certainly of the voice.

We dont really know much about all this because it has not been studied and mainstream science does not accept it happens. All we have is what has been reported by other people who do it and assert what they say is true. There must be levels of experience there as well as here, and you probably get a more general take-over if you have been doing it a long time. As if, both parties are more comfortable with the process. I think the ones I have heard say that it takes quite a few 'spirits' to get the whole thing going and there are experts with different kinds of skills and a 'front man' who is the personality coming through. Bashar in this case.

Also, it depends how you view our link into the spirit world. If you view this as a higher self who sends/extends energy to experience an Earth life, then it would only mean that another entity uses the tube/channel for a while to achieve what is necessary. Rather like allowing someone else to use your golf club to take a shot on the golf course.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal