Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-09-2021, 09:02 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,603,511 times

Advertisements

On thursday, I got a notification that a lady had sent me a message about my 'Erlanger werewolf Facebook post'. ( I had been asking if anyone knew one of 4 witnesses involved)...well, this lady happened to be one of the four that night!!

After messaging back and forth a little bit we spoke on the phone yesterday, I now have all the identities for every witness that night!

This incident happened back in 2008 and Ive been doing some digging into it for about the past year, she told me some details that I did not know and she also claims she has not thought about this for years, seeing my post brought the whole thing racing back.

One of the weirdest parts, she says, after she got home that night, its like she forgot about the incident very quickly, as traumatizing as it was to her, she and I thought that was very odd, she remembers going to work the next day and she didnt even tell any co workers about it, ( I have heard of this happening to other people that see cryptids, they dont talk about it with each other after the fact, many say it becomes foggy in their memories afterwards).

She got a good look at its upper half, and the strangest part to her was its face, it was both man and canine, the structure of the face looked 'human', the eyes were 'human', but it had a very pronounced snout, in her estimation, at least 8-10" long, and full of canine teeth, she says the nose was 'too large' for its snout, it was black and canine in shape.

After the other girl with them screamed, it took off running, and the route it took, went behind them, (at a closer distance, to where it had been standing on the corner of the building, she said it started out running on 2 legs but went down on all fours within seconds, she described its body form as it ran, (as she had a clear side view as it ran behind them), it was using its front arms/hands, to grab the ground and propel forward, (she thought it looked 'cheetah like' running), describing its motion as unnatural and weird...she says a human torso cannot flex the way this thing was as it was running.

She also confirmed that the Erlanger police took surv video tape from the gas station, that caught this thing as it went past.

She is going to try to help me find the police report, said she will call and request a copy this week and see what they tell her.

Im hoping I can locate and get the police report for this incident, i will then have something TANGIBLE!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-09-2021, 06:48 PM

6,952 posts, read 6,877,619 times
Another witness report would be really good, well done for following up on this story. But... Good Luck with that, as I suspect the report will have 'gone' somewhere and not remained at the police station for people to look at. Although it is really good to have this account, people deny it happened, forget the event, die, and the details are lost.

I think it might be a good idea if you speak to her again, to encourage her to tell a researcher who will publish her account. Suggest she writes it down and puts it somewhere safe. If only the Roswell people had done this.

So many accounts get placed in forums, Reddit, obscure websites, social media, etc and they all disappear after a while and are lost to history. Even the internet archive will not preserve them. We need as many accounts as we can get and the only way we seem to be able to keep them (forum posts are here one minute and lost in the jungle the next) is for researchers to put them in books and publish them.At least that way there are many copies and we have more chance of finding the book in an old second-hand book shop, although these are dying out too.

Old 01-10-2021, 09:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocpaul20 View Post
Another witness report would be really good, well done for following up on this story. But... Good Luck with that, as I suspect the report will have 'gone' somewhere and not remained at the police station for people to look at. Although it is really good to have this account, people deny it happened, forget the event, die, and the details are lost.

I think it might be a good idea if you speak to her again, to encourage her to tell a researcher who will publish her account. Suggest she writes it down and puts it somewhere safe. If only the Roswell people had done this.

So many accounts get placed in forums, Reddit, obscure websites, social media, etc and they all disappear after a while and are lost to history. Even the internet archive will not preserve them. We need as many accounts as we can get and the only way we seem to be able to keep them (forum posts are here one minute and lost in the jungle the next) is for researchers to put them in books and publish them.At least that way there are many copies and we have more chance of finding the book in an old second-hand book shop, although these are dying out too.
Whats really strange about this specific case...it was removed from all the 'Dogman/Werewolf sighting report databases'.

There are a handful of these databases,where you can go in and look at Dogman/werewolf sightings by state, year, etc, a very popular one is the 'Clipped Hedgehog report database', they actually list reports from all over the world, they have reports going back to the 1960s and 70s...and yet this one happened in 2008, and was removed for some reason.

Another very suspicious thing, Joedy Cooke, the man who runs the NADP, (North American Dogman Project) has talked about this case in various interviews, but when I sent him an email requesting the report details, he claimed he had never heard of it and does not have a report.

On top of that, the Erlanger police incident report from this case, was transferred to a higher law enforcement agency....how weird is that...a 'supposed werewolf sighting' (where no one was even harmed) was serious enough to go up to the feds? LOL

These things make me wonder...what is so different about THIS case?!!

Old 01-10-2021, 06:05 PM

...Unless there is an aspect of this which is tied into the whole alien thing and the authorities know it.

Possibly they have been told that any strange mysterious reports are passed on to higher levels, simply because the police are not equipped to study or investigate these high strangeness events. If there is an agency which is tasked to do that, then it makes sense that they would get all the reports from across the country and they would know how to investigate it.

Has the witness had anyone asking questions trying to find out what she saw, someone who is not the police?

Old 01-10-2021, 06:22 PM

2,453 posts, read 1,684,790 times
Awesome stuff, I will be waiting for any more updates.

rstevens62, Any chance you found out more about the guy with all the DM and BF on his property?

Old 01-11-2021, 03:38 AM

18,773 posts, read 18,145,830 times
Since you have the identities of the other 'witnesses' have you tried to contact them or have you heard back from any of them?

While you get excited about this report, we really have nothing to go on here. Maybe it was a conspiracy or maybe there was nothing there? We need some tangible evidence to back this up.

Old 01-11-2021, 10:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
Since you have the identities of the other 'witnesses' have you tried to contact them or have you heard back from any of them?

While you get excited about this report, we really have nothing to go on here. Maybe it was a conspiracy or maybe there was nothing there? We need some tangible evidence to back this up.
I did look for them on FB, (all 4 were local people), 2 have very common names, so there were quite a few matches, I will have to ask her if she can give me more information on them, (if she is still in touch with them). I do know a lot of people that live around here, so chances are good I can probably find them, I would like to hear the account from all of them, to see if there are any differences.

'Tangible evidence' is what Im attempting to acquire, Im not sure how Im going to go about finding the police report, (Im certainly not going to contact the FBI and start asking!!). Being an Erlanger resident, I can inquire to see Erlanger police reports, but Im not sure if its the same with FBI reports (doubtful).

The fact a police sketch was done is fairly significant, according to my retired detective friend, this happened near midnight-1am on a friday night, so 'police administration' employees are not working at that hour, which means, they would have had to call the sketch artist in. My friend said they ONLY have this done if the crime is very serious and they are actively looking for the suspect, this incident though, there was no crime committed by anyone...

I have a feeling there was some kind of evidence recovered (by police), to make them believe this was something strange, maybe that gas station surv video was more clear than it was said to be?

Technically, this is nothing more than a normal 'sighting report'...same thing if someone had claimed to see a Bigfoot and it ran off afterwards....however its being treated as something MUCH more serious by police, so.?

Old 01-11-2021, 10:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocpaul20 View Post
...Unless there is an aspect of this which is tied into the whole alien thing and the authorities know it.

Possibly they have been told that any strange mysterious reports are passed on to higher levels, simply because the police are not equipped to study or investigate these high strangeness events. If there is an agency which is tasked to do that, then it makes sense that they would get all the reports from across the country and they would know how to investigate it.

Has the witness had anyone asking questions trying to find out what she saw, someone who is not the police?
She didnt mention it, but I didnt ask either.

Ive heard others theorize these things are associated with 'UFOs' before, so Im not sure about that.

The 'special agency' theory is probable, it makes sense, no one ever told me it was transferred to the FBI, Im just guessing thats the agency who has the report.

The strangest aspect is the case was taken off all the online cryptid databases, I cannot account for that, there are much stranger werewolf/dogman sighting cases, many going back decades, something makes this one unique I guess?

Old 01-11-2021, 10:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam812 View Post
Awesome stuff, I will be waiting for any more updates.

rstevens62, Any chance you found out more about the guy with all the DM and BF on his property?
I have not spoken to him since last time.

Old 01-11-2021, 05:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
She didnt mention it, but I didnt ask either.

Ive heard others theorize these things are associated with 'UFOs' before, so Im not sure about that.

The 'special agency' theory is probable, it makes sense, no one ever told me it was transferred to the FBI, Im just guessing thats the agency who has the report.

The strangest aspect is the case was taken off all the online cryptid databases, I cannot account for that, there are much stranger werewolf/dogman sighting cases, many going back decades, something makes this one unique I guess?
What may make it unique is the video footage from the gas station perhaps?

As others have said, usually there are blurry photos or witness reports and nothing can be determined as fact, but when you have a video which may show the being walking by on two legs it has to be either a person or something strange. If it appears NOT to be a human due to the physiology, then that is something which cannot be explained as normal like Fisheye would do(human, bear, etc)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal