Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-14-2023, 07:59 PM

26,778 posts, read 22,521,872 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklazona Bound View Post
Who knows. Perhaps countries are now looking up more than they used to. I looked on Amazon. You are able to buy a high altitude balloon for $20. Then you attach your $350 go pro camera on it and send it off.

So you think their militaries can't tell apart the Amazon balloon from the legitimate target?

Is it what you are saying?

( I am even afraid to ask the same question about the US military pilots.)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-14-2023, 08:04 PM

30,140 posts, read 11,765,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
So you think their militaries can't tell apart the Amazon balloon from the legitimate target?

I don't know about theirs but the balloons our military saw sure seemed to stump them. If they were in fact balloons.

Old 02-14-2023, 08:28 PM

Quote:
I don't know about theirs but the balloons our military saw sure seemed to stump them. If they were in fact balloons.

Which I keep on questioning, whether they were really the "balloons," the way we understand it in conventional sense of it at least.

Old 02-14-2023, 08:38 PM

4,196 posts, read 4,449,313 times
If I were a foreign country wanting to spy using high altitude balloon technology I'd be tempted to make them all red and then say they are part of Nena's 99 Red Balloon new global tour, or put some corporate logo on them (Target, Amazon, Google, et al) and say it was a new global ad campaign. What corporation would decline the chance for the free advertising?

I realize they are at high altitudes but wouldn't it behoove the national defense industry to lasso it somehow and then tow it to a place for secure inspection? They have ways to refuel with boom and drogue at 35,000 ft. How difficult would it be to make some contraption to either tow or create a slow release for controlled descent?

I get the hype but I don't get the released information on how they are being shot down. It would be interesting to know how many have been sighted in total and what has been done to them all. I think it is surveillance coupled with testing of defenses and reactions of those countries who have had air space penetrated, as well as a way to potentially interfere with spy satellites. I'm imagining a technology that perhaps enables a hack of satellites much like those the Israelis used in Syria in 2007.

https://www.theregister.com/2007/11/...uln_intrusion/

Or maybe it is a variation of this?

https://www.thedrive.com/the-war-zon...lying-missiles

I highly doubt any 'aliens' that would make it this far, would stoop to Wizard of Oz like technology.

Wait, perhaps it is part of the Project Blue Beam theory and "the Wizard" is going to land in D.C. or some other Nation's capital for effect. Because we all know many in D.C. could use, a heart, a brain and courage...

Old 02-15-2023, 12:15 AM

6,931 posts, read 6,864,193 times
I dont think they would shoot down an orb belonging to ET because we do not know what capabilities ET has - if it decides it does not like to have its orbs shot down.

So, I assume it is some kind of military drone from another country. If this is the case, it could be fairly easily identified with comparing it to what is known about the weapons and military hardware of other countries.

From what we know, when jets get close to ET, they zoom away at a great rate of speed. If these objects hung around waiting to be shot down, then they were not intelligently controlled. Antigravity engines can go much faster than jet engines as we have seen previously and go straight up and down as well as through water and space.

Maybe they were some kind of surveillance balloon made by the Nazis in Antarctica? (Hmm...but Admiral Byrd said they had flying disks, so maybe not)

Dont forget that the Military Industrial Complex subcontracts its fabrication out to private companies which more-than-likely have developed their own hardware, so really, it could be anyone human doing this, but interestingly it certainly ups the discussion.

Old 02-15-2023, 07:20 AM

777 posts, read 880,474 times
IMO, whatever was shot down, the government deemed it necessary to classify immediately. I don't think it was of alien origin. From reports I have read, such downings
are due to the malfunction of the craft itself.

Old 02-15-2023, 07:47 AM

Quote:
Which I keep on questioning, whether they were really the "balloons," the way we understand it in conventional sense of it at least.

There were conflicting statements coming out of DC. Chuck Shumer early on said he was told they were balloons. Then the pilots said they did not know what they were. The pilots would have been the only ones to actually see them. But its winter in Alaska and Canada maybe they did not get a good look.

Old 02-15-2023, 03:29 PM

12,960 posts, read 9,473,611 times
Quote:

Since some of the Amazon balloons can go to 40,000 feet or even more you'd think they'd be illegal because of interference with commercial airspace. Or was that just a believable reason for taking the last 3 "objects" out?

Old 02-15-2023, 04:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RocketDawg View Post
Since some of the Amazon balloons can go to 40,000 feet or even more you'd think they'd be illegal because of interference with commercial airspace. Or was that just a believable reason for taking the last 3 "objects" out?
I would think if a balloon could take down a commercial jet it would have happened by now. Apparently there are thousands in the sky at all time. At worst the balloon would just bounce off the airplane. It was just a lame excuse to show they could shoot something down more proactively.

Old 02-15-2023, 07:39 PM

Quote:
There were conflicting statements coming out of DC. Chuck Shumer early on said he was told they were balloons. Then the pilots said they did not know what they were. The pilots would have been the only ones to actually see them. But its winter in Alaska and Canada maybe they did not get a good look.

That's to put it mildly.
I went back and checked more on those Ukrainian balloons they were talking about yesterday.

Sure enough - confirmed, Russians have set them in motion, in order to test/provoke the anti-air defense of Ukrainians ( Ukrainians are saying now that they were the first ones to start this practice back in time actually, with those "corner reflectors.")
OK, mystery solved, all is pretty straightforward.

Now watch when it comes to the "balloon mystery" in the US, and what a circus is becomes (particularly from 9:47 )

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YpmbdBP2xvQ
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal