Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-23-2008, 07:59 AM

27,347 posts, read 27,400,159 times

Advertisements

Oh, ok. The last flying object I saw was my cellphone dropping last week out by the pool. Dang gravity!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-23-2008, 08:03 AM

54,498 posts, read 33,869,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Livewire View Post
Oh, ok. The last flying object I saw was my cellphone dropping last week out by the pool. Dang gravity!!!
LOL.. I think you're supposed to use your cell phone for talking, not cleaning the pool, testing gravity, or to see how deep the pool is..

There was a UFO I saw one time, on the freeway.. a guy driving in the lane next to me got upset at me and flipped me off... I didn't know his name, so I called him a UFO.. Unidentified Flipping Object..

Old 09-23-2008, 08:23 AM

27,347 posts, read 27,400,159 times
Thats a good time to smile and say 'have a nice day'!! Gets em every time.

Old 09-23-2008, 10:22 AM

12,169 posts, read 17,649,226 times
I've never seen a UFO but I did stay at a Holiday Inn once.

Old 09-23-2008, 11:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zonababe View Post
I've never seen a UFO but I did stay at a Holiday Inn once.
That's my favorite hotel! Do they have UFOs?

Old 09-23-2008, 11:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livewire View Post
Thats a good time to smile and say 'have a nice day'!! Gets em every time.
I was only kidding of course on the other driver on the freeway bit. I've never seen anybody do any such rude gestures to me, at least not that I know of..

Old 10-14-2008, 07:56 PM

2,514 posts, read 4,954,889 times
Default Ooh Ooh! UFO!! Ooh - I feel like Horschack!!!

I was gonna start a thread on the NY forum and ask that same question - in fact I'm suprised - no, shocked! - that there aren't more posts about these.

In the early 80's I had just moved from Colorado to the Hudson Valley. I was driving home in Dutchess County on a Sunday night; midnight-ish. (ooo -eeee- ooo) cue the music. Anyway, I was at a stop light at I believe Myers Corners Rd. & 376; very close to the airport. All of a sudden the intersection got very bright & I looked up to see what I thought were several military planes flying in V-formation.

I figured they had to be many planes farther off than I thought because the lights/object(s) weren't moving to my eye. Still sitting at the light, it turns green, & I see that another car at the intersection isn't going anywhere either. I look back up into the sky & realize that the lights still aren't moving. Unroll my window, can't hear engines, just sort of a low hum. Really stare at the lights this time and catch the dark outline around the lights, and realize that it's not a bunch of planes or a bunch of anything! It's ONE craft.

It sort of just "lowered" itself to a hover just above the power lines. It was HUGE. Like football field huge. It didn't move, neither did I in my car; the other car didn't move. Then, IDK, maybe 2 minutes (?) later, it TRULY just shot off at an upward/outward angle & was gone before i could see where it headed.

Heard a few things in the area about it, but nothing came of it, so I figured it HAD to be something "logical", Spock! Then, maybe 2-3 years ago, I'm flipping thru late night cable, and there's some big story about the "Hudson Valley UFO Sightings". Same time frame & EXACT description of what I KNOW I saw.

So there ya have it - my brush with the unknown. Didn't see any little people with big almond eyes tho. Probably whatever was on board was just passin' thru our solar system, maybe took a detour, got caught in a time rip, gosh - I hope I find out the answer before I meet my maker! Definitely believe something is out there besides us - would be rather presumptious (sp) to think otherwise, I feel. What if our entire world & galaxy is just some little drop of sweat on the brow of a very large, (p.o.'d) giant?

About 4-5 years ago I told the story to my husband and our dinner companions; I thought Hubby was gonna crawl under the table with embarassment! Classic! I will never forget the look on his face. I'm smilin' all over again just thinking about it!

Old 10-20-2014, 10:03 PM

17 posts, read 22,669 times
Thumbs up Did you ever see a UFO?

Yes, in Ann Arbor Michigan in August 2001. Seriously, My wife & I (we're in our 50's) were driving east on I-94 just coming up to exit 169 when a HUGE UFO came flying over us and in front of us about 100 feet and also only about 100 feet above the ground and Suddenly Stopped Dead Over I-94 at the overpass of 169. It stayed there over 8 minutes, (I timed it) Shooting Millions of Sparks from the bottom of it, these "Sparks" were Powered-Like, "Intelligent", and some were dancing around and some were shooting into the ground, some were shooting out in every possible direction, some Sparks just Hovered a minute or so then moved up & down left & right then shot off extremely fast...like hundreds, if not thousands of miles per hour. It was Amazing !!! The entire time we watched this UFO, ALL of the other cars on I-94 (at 1pm in Mid afternoon, Broad daylight) Kept pulling over to the side of the road, trucks and all. NOT ONE CAR OR TRUCK DROVE PAST THIS UFO. Not in Any Direction. EVERY VEHICLE ON HIGHWAY STOPPED & SEEN THIS. My wife & I were closest and only directly across the street from it. I-94 has 4-Lanes Eastbound then a small median and 4-Lanes Westbound. So we were Literally only 8 Lanes away from the Sparks of this HUGE UFO (Bigger than a Football Field). It was Totally silent, Disc shaped, Domed Top, had an Ora around it as it Wobbly Hovered over the westbound edge of the highway. We tried to Look into the windows of it (we were that close) But, the light coming out of the windows was so bright it was like looking at the sun, so it was hard to look straight at the windows. But the entire Craft was Solid Chrome and shiny. My wife and I kept Pinching each other to make sure we were really awake and seeing this. (Yes, It Hurt). There were NO Air Force or Military Jets or Helicopters around, even though we were only about 15 miles west of Detroit's Metropolitan Airport. I AM SURE THAT THEY MUST HAVE HAD THIS HUGE CRAFT ON THEIR RADAR. NO DOUBT. I-94 Runs Right along side and into Metro Airport. I'M SURE ALL THE PILOTS WERE CALLING INTO CONTROL TOWERS TO REPORT THIS. Then Instantly the sparks stopped, the UFO Hovered a few more seconds, and in a blink of an eye, Took off towards Detroit (in a North-East Direction) at an AMAZING SPEED. Nothing that I know of on Earth can move that Fast, NOTHING !!! When we got home, we turned on the 6 PM News, Channel 4 WDIV with Carmen Harlan, and the Only thing she said about it was: QUOTE: "A UFO WAS SPOTTED OVER I-94 TODAY", and she then Stared into the camera with raised eyebrows for a few seconds. That was all that was said about it. My wife & I called Metro Airport-They Denied the UFO even existed even though we told them we and many many others seen it for over 8 minutes. They Ignored it. But we know it was there. -TRUE STORY.

Last edited by Rushford101; 10-20-2014 at 10:21 PM..

Old 10-21-2014, 10:23 AM

18,759 posts, read 11,798,566 times
I saw one with my friend in the late 60's. We were sleeping out in a tent on the side of her house when we heard this low humming noise coming towards us. I looked out of the back of the tent an the UFO was hoovering right above her house. It was a disc shape with little windows that resembled jet windows. It had red and white lights blinking around the craft. It made virtually no sound. It stayed there for a minute or two and flew off in seconds. It was both a fascinating and terrifying experience. You just couldn't stop looking at it even though you felt it was dangerous to be so close underneath it. I even climbed the fence to get closer. Do I think they're from another planet? No. I think they're military. Maybe not ours?

Old 10-21-2014, 10:28 AM

86 posts, read 98,306 times
No but when I was a kid I did see a cloud that looked alot like a UFO, looked at it for a minute, ran back in the house for no more than a minute or two, came back out, and there was no large cloud formations anywhere to be seen.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal