Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > United Kingdom
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-10-2013, 07:49 AM

5 posts, read 5,297 times

Advertisements

I have two concerns. I'm in the initial stage of planning a trip to Cornwall and hope to stay there for 2-3 months. This will likely take place in spring of 2014.

Concern #1: The vacation rental websites that I've found so far all focus on shorter stays of a few days to a couple of weeks. Can anyone suggest reliable websites that book properties for a few months?

Concern #2: Having never been to Cornwall, I don't have a specific place pinned down. Large city amenities aren't important, but I'd like to be near rail to make it easy to take short trips to other parts of the UK. I know that the coastline is stunning with dramatic cliffs and rocks, but are there areas with shallow, sandy beaches as well?

I appreciate your thoughts and recommendations.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-10-2013, 09:27 AM

1,021 posts, read 2,908,389 times
#2 There are many places with sandy beaches. Best to get some Ordnance Survey maps which will show them well plus walking paths, contours etc. If you go here Bing Maps - Driving Directions, Traffic and Road Conditions and zoom in on Cornwall untill the scale bar is 1 mile or less, then switch to OS maps, you will see what I mean. The west facing coasts are good for surfing. These maps also show the rail lines.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > United Kingdom