Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > United Kingdom
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-22-2015, 03:56 PM

5,214 posts, read 4,022,912 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pruzhany View Post
Extremely few of the current Bulgarians in the UK are Jews.
You misread me. Sorry I didn't make myself clear i guess. I meant that I find odd that so many ethnic bulgarians decide these days to immigrate to UK given a choice between UK and Israel...but like I said that's just my personal opinion ...i do believe in what official statistics say. btw - I am not Jewish.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-22-2015, 06:56 PM

4,432 posts, read 6,985,065 times
Anti Semitic attacks are worse when Israel does major military action against its neighbours:

Incidents recorded by the CST include violent assaults in the street, hate emails and graffiti threatening "jihad" against British Jews. One disturbing aspect involves the targeting of Jewish children. A Birmingham school is investigating reports that 20 children chased a 12-year-old girl, its only Jewish pupil, chanting "Kill all Jews" and "Death to Jews". In another incident a Jewish schoolgirl reported being bullied at a non-Jewish school because of the Gaza conflict.
Rise in antisemitic attacks 'the worst recorded in Britain in decades' | World news | The Guardian

Old 01-22-2015, 07:35 PM

23,707 posts, read 30,753,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by euro123 View Post
You misread me. Sorry I didn't make myself clear i guess. I meant that I find odd that so many ethnic bulgarians decide these days to immigrate to UK given a choice between UK and Israel...but like I said that's just my personal opinion ...i do believe in what official statistics say. btw - I am not Jewish.
Ethnic Bulgarians are not Jews. So Israel is not on their short list of places to emigrate to. They emigrate to western European countries that are in need of low level manual labor. Israel does not need them.

Old 01-22-2015, 09:49 PM

18,466 posts, read 15,253,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by other99 View Post
Anti Semitic attacks are worse when Israel does major military action against its neighbours:

Incidents recorded by the CST include violent assaults in the street, hate emails and graffiti threatening "jihad" against British Jews. One disturbing aspect involves the targeting of Jewish children. A Birmingham school is investigating reports that 20 children chased a 12-year-old girl, its only Jewish pupil, chanting "Kill all Jews" and "Death to Jews". In another incident a Jewish schoolgirl reported being bullied at a non-Jewish school because of the Gaza conflict.
Rise in antisemitic attacks 'the worst recorded in Britain in decades' | World news | The Guardian
A convenient excuse for them. I love how they like to say "We don't hate Jews. It's Israel, it's policies and the treatment of Palestinians that we hate." Then they go on to attack Jews that are not even Israeli, and likely have never even been to Israel. When they do that, they are proving that it is not anti Israel, it's antisemitism. Plain and simple.

Old 01-23-2015, 01:09 AM

11,554 posts, read 9,329,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by -Valentino- View Post
Except that Christianity is the only religion out of those where the main religious figure spread the universal message of forgiveness, love and peace. Judaism has none of that, and Islam's founder was violent himself.
Religion of peace? Im guessing that doesn't include the Crusades, or the Witch Hunts, or the Inquisition, or the Pogroms, or the Catholic Church doing nothing during the Holocaust, or the genocide of native people in the Americas, or expelling the Jewish people from Spain in 1492...

Get off the high horse brah

Old 01-23-2015, 01:12 AM

11,554 posts, read 9,329,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnesthesiaMD View Post
A convenient excuse for them. I love how they like to say "We don't hate Jews. It's Israel, it's policies and the treatment of Palestinians that we hate." Then they go on to attack Jews that are not even Israeli, and likely have never even been to Israel. When they do that, they are proving that it is not anti Israel, it's antisemitism. Plain and simple.
Exactly! Despite what centuries old stereotypes say, not all Jewish people have crooked noses, wear tallits 24/7, and live in Israel. This is 2015, time for the stereotypes to die

Old 01-23-2015, 08:19 AM

4,449 posts, read 4,619,209 times
re: "The fact is that Israel's attitude towards the Palestinian people could well be a reason for anti-Semitic feelings in Europe, there is no doubt about that"

Coupling that with the rise of the Muslim population in the UK well it looks as if these two must be considered influences on negative attitudes toward the Jewish communities.

But not knowing exactly how the 'Holocaust' was discussed and say 'taught' in Britain I'd ask to what extent does Britain's war experience have on understanding what is going with perceptions in their Jewish communities?

it is surely evident that the country had a much different experience with the Jews during the war than say France, Poland, Hungary and the Scandanavian countries. Really in a way it is ironic to see the anti-Semitic' attitudes this much on from the war after the country was a haven and place of safety for European Jews fleeing extermination.

Old 01-24-2015, 11:26 AM

5,214 posts, read 4,022,912 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pruzhany View Post
Ethnic Bulgarians are not Jews. So Israel is not on their short list of places to emigrate to. They emigrate to western European countries that are in need of low level manual labor. Israel does not need them.
Anyway...just pay more attention next time I make a point = problem solved easily without 10+ posts needed to clarify...

Old 01-25-2015, 07:18 AM

861 posts, read 852,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warszawa View Post
Religion of peace? Im guessing that doesn't include the Crusades, or the Witch Hunts, or the Inquisition, or the Pogroms, or the Catholic Church doing nothing during the Holocaust, or the genocide of native people in the Americas, or expelling the Jewish people from Spain in 1492...

Get off the high horse brah
lets not forget after the genocide of the native indians, the catholic church then turned a blind eye to the slave trade that followed as wealthy merchants and landowners absolved themselves of sin with large donations to the Vatican..

Church and colonialism went hand in hand, there is a reason why Nigeria is half Christian...

Old 01-25-2015, 07:21 AM

861 posts, read 852,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by travric View Post
re: "The fact is that Israel's attitude towards the Palestinian people could well be a reason for anti-Semitic feelings in Europe, there is no doubt about that"

Coupling that with the rise of the Muslim population in the UK well it looks as if these two must be considered influences on negative attitudes toward the Jewish communities.

But not knowing exactly how the 'Holocaust' was discussed and say 'taught' in Britain I'd ask to what extent does Britain's war experience have on understanding what is going with perceptions in their Jewish communities?

it is surely evident that the country had a much different experience with the Jews during the war than say France, Poland, Hungary and the Scandanavian countries. Really in a way it is ironic to see the anti-Semitic' attitudes this much on from the war after the country was a haven and place of safety for European Jews fleeing extermination.
But this is the issue, I dont see the anti semitism this article speaks of... Bar only America, no other country is so hospitable to Jewish people as the United Kingdom today..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > United Kingdom