Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > United Kingdom
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-10-2015, 01:50 PM

18,531 posts, read 18,765,230 times

Advertisements

Cant believe Im meeting someone I met on here , a lovely friend who I keep in touch with... shes over in Scotland and were meeting on Saturday in Edinburgh... cant wait... were taking her and her hubby to Falkland, Culross then St Andrews for the day.... so thanks City Data for making this possible for us to meet..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-10-2015, 03:50 PM

7,668 posts, read 5,263,329 times
Have fun

Old 06-10-2015, 04:10 PM

1,260 posts, read 1,689,500 times
Maybe you can give be some ideas. I have a wedding in Lincoln on Oct 18th and then a wedding in Glasgow on the 24th. I think we will have from the 21st of Oct through around Nov 1st in Scotland. We want to get around as see a lot. I'd love to get to S Uist in the Hebrides as it's where my ancestors lived in Scotland. I've never been to Scotland so I have no idea what to see in Edinburgh. We are just so excited to see Scotland
BTW, I never knew my father, but I knew he had 5 or 6 kids before me. I posted his info on City-data and finally a 43 found my father's family and my siblings.
City Data is awesome.

Old 06-10-2015, 04:57 PM

264 posts, read 272,663 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JennyMominRI View Post
Maybe you can give be some ideas. I have a wedding in Lincoln on Oct 18th and then a wedding in Glasgow on the 24th. I think we will have from the 21st of Oct through around Nov 1st in Scotland. We want to get around as see a lot. I'd love to get to S Uist in the Hebrides as it's where my ancestors lived in Scotland. I've never been to Scotland so I have no idea what to see in Edinburgh. We are just so excited to see Scotland
BTW, I never knew my father, but I knew he had 5 or 6 kids before me. I posted his info on City-data and finally a 43 found my father's family and my siblings.
City Data is awesome.
You could try the city vaults and the underground streets sealed up centuries ago and only discovered again a few decades ago, Mary Kings Close.

Mary King's Close - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

http://www.cityofthedeadtours.com/un...y-of-the-dead/

My brother in law and his wife visited them on their honeymoon and said it was amazing and scary.

Old 06-10-2015, 05:01 PM

1,260 posts, read 1,689,500 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BarringtonNI View Post
You could try the city vaults and the underground streets sealed up centuries ago and only discovered again a few decades ago, Mary Kings Close.

Mary King's Close - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

City of the Dead ToursUnderground City of the Dead - City of the Dead Tours

My brother in law and his wife visited them on their honeymoon and said it was amazing and scary.
Oh yes. I have seen this on TV but I had forgotten. That is right up my alley. Just how cold will it be in Scotland in late October?

Old 06-10-2015, 05:12 PM

264 posts, read 272,663 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JennyMominRI View Post
Oh yes. I have seen this on TV but I had forgotten. That is right up my alley. Just how cold will it be in Scotland in late October?
Not warm.
Probably more wet than cold though, unless theres an early winter flurry, which there usually isnt.
Youll be there around Halloween, theres stacks of ghosty things to do in Edinburgh at anytime of year but around that time it should be even better.

Old 06-12-2015, 10:45 PM

IM meeting my US friend and her hubby today at 10 in Edinburgh... were all going to St Andrews.. as theyve already been to Stirling and parts of the Highlands...so Ill fill you in how they enjoy themselves... they only have a few days to go before they go home... so IM hoping to see them again on Tuesday if all goes well.. In Glasgow this week the sun has really shone.. were a very unpredictable place Scotland when it comes to weather.. Some of our islands are expensive or far to get to.. if you get to Oban try and visit Seil Island over the Atlantic Bridge..then over to Easdale, a tiny inhabited island, Loch Lomond..you can do boat tours..Inveraray is a nice harbour town..Falkand and Culross in Fife for a bit of history, the houses are really back in time.. Some small islands to visit ..The Islands on Loch Lomond | Visit loch lomond and not too far from Glasgow...Free things to do - Glasgow | VisitScotland Top 30 Things to Do in Glasgow, Scotland on TripAdvisor: Glasgow Attractions

Bracklinn Falls Bridge and Callander Crags in the Trossachs

Old 06-14-2015, 03:40 AM

Met my lovely friend at last... and took her to the places mentioned, Culross, Falkland and St Andrews... where we had lunch.. pity it was a bit rushed but we got in what we intended to do... sadly Culross palace was just closed at five...

Old 06-14-2015, 04:50 AM

10,048 posts, read 18,083,414 times
Dizzybint, sounds like you had a great time! There are several people I "know" from C-D that I think I would like in real life as well (and a few I'm pretty sure I wouldn't! ).

Old 06-14-2015, 05:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by karen_in_nh_2012 View Post
Dizzybint, sounds like you had a great time! There are several people I "know" from C-D that I think I would like in real life as well (and a few I'm pretty sure I wouldn't! ).
I wont ask Karen hahaha
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > United Kingdom