Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > United Kingdom
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-03-2016, 08:22 AM

1,529 posts, read 916,464 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by English Dave View Post
Don't set me off red................. I did one of my finest tirades earlier....... you would have loved it. I can't repeat it for obvious reasons......... I don't want to be sent to the naughty step..........
To have a post deleted you must have been a very bad boy. Sorry I can't help you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-03-2016, 08:25 AM

26,272 posts, read 8,431,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by red baron View Post
To have a post deleted you must have been a very bad boy. Sorry I can't help you.
Wasn't me........ that's all I can say. I am always a good boy on city-data. Never even had one warning. Plenty of folks who have had a go at me aren't here anymore though.................

<<rolls back and forth in rocking chair>>...... Yessir, I've seen 'em come, and I've seen 'em go. 'Ping' into spittoon.......

Old 10-03-2016, 08:29 AM

1,529 posts, read 916,464 times
Quote:
Wasn't me........ that's all I can say. I am always a good boy on city-data. Never even had one warning. Plenty of folks who have had a go at me aren't here anymore though.................
I miss understood. It wasn't you but someone else whose post you quoted. See you around.

Old 10-03-2016, 08:36 AM

Quote:
I miss understood. It wasn't you but someone else whose post you quoted. See you around.
You got it...... Oh red, no hard feelings. I never try and cause any upset here. But I do respond if I feel it's needed...... It's all nothing but a big joke anyway. These political systems come and go. Communism, Fascism, the EU....... it's all part of life's rich tapestry........ but I still think the EU is doomed.......... I don't know why the Germans even bother trying, really I don't. Better off on their own, like the UK is going to be............. The REAL puppet masters just carry on regardless. Hi Ho.......

Old 10-12-2016, 07:57 PM

7,643 posts, read 6,480,492 times
wouldn't a united europe under nato be better for the UK? They would pose a better buffer against the russians

Old 10-13-2016, 02:26 AM
Status: "“If a thing loves, it is infinite.â€" (set 3 days ago)

27,180 posts, read 13,469,799 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dangerous-Boy View Post
wouldn't a united europe under nato be better for the UK? They would pose a better buffer against the russians
A Europe that met the 2% GDP Defence Spending that NATO has requested would be more useful.

As for the EU do you really think would you would get 27 Nations all agreeing to military action, by the time they had finished debating the issue and voting the war would be over.

Old 10-13-2016, 02:28 AM
Status: "“If a thing loves, it is infinite.â€" (set 3 days ago)

27,180 posts, read 13,469,799 times
Quote:

Old 10-13-2016, 07:00 AM

861 posts, read 852,560 times
Quote:

<<rolls back and forth in rocking chair>>...... Yessir, I've seen 'em come, and I've seen 'em go. 'Ping' into spittoon.......

LOL, I am still around, but some of us have work to do you know..

Given us literally losing our Pot Noodle and a falling pound, are you still so set on Brexit country

Last edited by nograviti; 10-13-2016 at 07:01 AM.. Reason: spelling

Old 10-13-2016, 07:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nograviti View Post
LOL, I am still around, but some of us have work to do you know..

Given us literally losing our Pot Noodle and a falling pound, are you still so set on Brexit country
Hi nograviti....... I thought you would have left these shores by now......... I sure am still set on Brexit country. I knew it would hit the fan. We have to keep our nerve, take no crap from the French, and do what needs to be done. Once we're out, we can set about rebuilding, and looking for new trading partners.

I have great belief in the British people, and the smart folks like you to figure out a way forward. We will be just fine. These young panicking kids haven't seen as many Sterling crisis as I have. The crying kids seem to have quietened down now after all their screeching. "We want another vote..... this time we promise to do so." Too late........ democracy will now follow it's course.

If the EU try and stick it to us, and refuse to discuss serious issues like grown ups, then we should just walk. That'll save a lot of trouble arguing with them won't it? They want to put high tariffs on our goods? OK go ahead...... we'll do the same. Boy, the whole thing could come crashing down couldn't it? It could make the great crash of 2008 look like a stroll in the park. Let's hope they're smarter than that.

Old 10-13-2016, 08:28 AM

2,639 posts, read 1,995,194 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gungnir View Post
The #1 world economy since the Brexit vote would be the US. The EU without the UK isn't the world's #1 economy. It's a very salient point, and often overlooked.

And if there should be a UK/US free trade agreement, you would have a trade grouping with an even larger (aggregate) GDP.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > United Kingdom