Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > United Kingdom
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-04-2016, 11:57 PM

26,143 posts, read 19,850,298 times

Advertisements

This just makes me sad......... No one cared enough to try and help this guy??

Its really very sad........

Quote:
"A homeless man ‘froze to death’ on the streets of Birmingham just a day before UK charity Shelter warned more than 250,000 people in England will be homeless this Christmas as high rents, benefit cuts, and a worsening housing crisis create the perfect storm.

The body of the unknown man was found in the West Midlands city at 11.30pm GMT on Wednesday, the coldest night of the year. [more]
http://www.rt.com/uk/368862-homeless...istmas-england

Please try to help the homeless!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-05-2016, 05:22 AM
Status: "“If a thing loves, it is infinite.”" (set 4 days ago)

27,186 posts, read 13,477,157 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dude111 View Post

www.rt.com/uk/368862-homeless-shelter-christmas-england

The sad thing is there are numerous empty properties in the UK, with foreign buyers investing in UK property and then just leaving it empty.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBC

There are 610,123 empty homes in England, according to the government. Of these, 205,821 have been unoccupied for six months or more, the official definition of "long-term" emptiness.

Why are so many British homes empty? - BBC News

Old 12-05-2016, 07:29 AM

32,658 posts, read 48,067,543 times
Quote:
.......Please try to help the homeless!
OK. Please tell us what you are doing yourself to help the homeless.

Old 12-05-2016, 09:36 AM

26,143 posts, read 19,850,298 times
I wish I knew how to help my friend,makes me sad hearing stuff like this...

With all those empty houses why cant the county take it over and let in the homeless?? (All Like a big family)

Old 12-06-2016, 03:35 AM
Status: "“If a thing loves, it is infinite.”" (set 4 days ago)

27,186 posts, read 13,477,157 times
Quote:
I wish I knew how to help my friend,makes me sad hearing stuff like this...

With all those empty houses why cant the county take it over and let in the homeless?? (All Like a big family)
There are more affordable housing being built, an inquiry is on going in to foreign ownership of property, rent controls are being introduced in places such as London and there is to be new legislation aimed at increasing landlords responsibilities.

Housing - Sadiq Khan Labour Candidate for Mayor of London

In terms of the homeless, you can either volunteer to work with charities such as Shelter, Centre Point, Barnardos, Crisism the Salvation Army etc or simple make a charitable donation.

Old 12-21-2016, 12:39 PM

72 posts, read 70,332 times
Quote:

http://www.rt.com/uk/368862-homeless...istmas-england

The sad and unfortunate thing is there are homeless people who lack day to day coping mechanisms and unable to care for themselves. They can't keep the rent paid, food in the home because of mental illness or substance abuse. When some of them are given shelter, they are soon thrown out because of their substance abuse. I have always thought they would be better served living in group homes with the right support (whatever that is) . But first we have to build these homes.

Old 12-21-2016, 12:46 PM

72 posts, read 70,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brave New World View Post
The sad thing is there are numerous empty properties in the UK, with foreign buyers investing in UK property and then just leaving it empty.

Yes, council estates are being knocked down and the land (and some of it very desirable land) are sold to property developers who agree to build a certain amount of social housing (the local council authorities give to housing associations). The developers the sell these flats off plan in places like China and Hong Kong.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > United Kingdom