Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > United Kingdom
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-26-2017, 08:39 AM

214 posts, read 330,225 times

Advertisements

The government have dilly and dallied for over a year now and we're no closer to any issues whatsoever being resolved. I got to admit I am not knowledgeable on politics and I decided not to vote in the referendum. I was hearing a lot of positives for leaving, and also many positives for staying in the EU, but I was also very confused about it all so I didn't vote.

If I could go back, I think I would vote stay now. I am just so disillusioned by it all now and just want us to get on with it. The amount of negativity from the media about Brexit also makes me concerned about it all. Does anybody else feel frustrated?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2017, 10:05 AM

5,606 posts, read 3,513,412 times
Not quite sure what you expected to be resolved as negotiations between the EU-UK won't end until March 29th 2019 unless there's an extension.
As is usually the case with EU negotiations I expect things to go up to the wire before an 11th hour agreement for access to the single market.
What's clear is that the UK will be not be members of the single market or customs union but that a transition period will happen after 2019 before things like freedom of movement etc are finally ended.
Contrary to anti-Brexit media reports it appears the civil servants in Whitehall have used their time since the Referendum very wisely and done huge amounts of preparation for the negotiations.
I'm afraid you're going to have to be patient as unravelling decades of EU-UK cooperation is no easy matter.
But Brexit really does mean Brexit.

Old 07-26-2017, 10:20 AM

6,112 posts, read 3,926,183 times
No-one believes you. Clearly a Remoaner trying to stir the pot.

I'm not annoyed by Brexit, what I am annoyed by is sore losers who simply will not accept the result.

Old 07-26-2017, 10:25 AM
Status: "“If a thing loves, it is infinite.”" (set 5 days ago)

27,189 posts, read 13,477,157 times
Everytime I see Juncker's face and the other corrupt cronies I fully understand why Brexit is happening.

Did LOL at Juncker getting angry the pother week when hardly anyone turned up for a meeting in Strasbourg.

Te corrupt, tax fiddling little drunk got himself so angry and annoyed.

Old 07-26-2017, 10:30 AM

6,112 posts, read 3,926,183 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brave New World View Post
Everytime I see Juncker's face and the other corrupt cronies I fully understand why Brexit is happening.

Did LOL at Juncker getting angry the pother week when hardly anyone turned up for a meeting in Strasbourg.

Te corrupt, tax fiddling little drunk got himself so angry and annoyed.
A drunken madman who stepped down as PM of Luxembourg because of a corruption scandal.

These are the kinds of people who routinely walk into cushy jobs within the EU.

Old 07-26-2017, 10:37 AM

26,272 posts, read 8,432,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razza94 View Post
A drunken madman who stepped down as PM of Luxembourg because of a corruption scandal.

These are the kinds of people who routinely walk into cushy jobs within the EU.
Arrogant as well........ he needs a slap.

Old 07-26-2017, 03:36 PM

20,757 posts, read 8,588,145 times
British friend just sent me this link to a Telegraph article by Nigel Farage called The Great Brexit Betrayal Has Begun. You have to subscribe to read it but first few paragraphs give you the gist. Nigel also discusses this topic on
his radio show on LBC. You can call in.

Ignore your Leftist media (BBC, Guardian, Independent) in general. They are globalists and obey the dictates of their corporate masters much like mainstream US media does, which is nonstop antiTrump. You can start with Breitbart which has a small London section. In their Comments below each article ask someone to recommend good conservative TV, radio and news outlets. That's a start.

Old 07-27-2017, 07:47 AM
Status: "“If a thing loves, it is infinite.”" (set 5 days ago)

27,189 posts, read 13,477,157 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by English Dave View Post
Arrogant as well........ he needs a slap.

He's just a vile corrupt drunk and Anti-British to the core.

It's no wonder we are leaving.

Old 07-31-2017, 02:35 PM

1,889 posts, read 1,325,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress View Post
Ignore your Leftist media (BBC, Guardian, Independent) in general. They are globalists and obey the dictates of their corporate masters much like mainstream US media does, which is nonstop antiTrump. You can start with Breitbart which has a small London section. In their Comments below each article ask someone to recommend good conservative TV, radio and news outlets. That's a start.
What's your impression of the Telegraph?

Old 07-31-2017, 04:06 PM

5,606 posts, read 3,513,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hightower72 View Post
What's your impression of the Telegraph?

Dreadful these days I'm afraid.
Most of their decent journalists have left or been sacked in a relentless cost-cutting and dumbing down exercise by the Barclay Brothers.
And it shows.
The Times is about the only decent national broadsheet left because The Guardian is even more unreadable than the Telegraph.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > United Kingdom