Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > United Kingdom
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-16-2018, 10:09 AM

67,650 posts, read 60,925,505 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by English Dave View Post
Don't you worry, the Queen's underlings will have Meghan so frightened of her big day, she will do as she's told. She knows this is going to be shown all over the world........ she won't create any drama.

Now, once the ring is on the finger, it may well be a different story. But, on the day, she will be very meek and mild.

The weather forecast isn't bad either. I believe the faithful are already gathering in Windsor, looking for the best viewing points to pitch their tents.......

Henry the Eighth is buried in that church. He'll be watching. Listen for a ghostly voice saying, "how many husbands is this now Meghan?".......
LOL he's a fine one to talk! At least she hasn't had anyone executed that we know of!

Old 05-16-2018, 10:41 AM

26,655 posts, read 28,691,193 times
Maybe I'm the only one who feels burned out and tired of all this. And I WAS so excited. Now I don't believe any of them and I barely care! What a total mess.

Dad will have had his surgery by now. (If there was any surgery.)

Maybe one of the few sane persons is her mother. Maybe the dad is a loser and maybe the mother, being a nice person (she is now a social worker) married him because she felt sorry for him, in part. Sounds like the dad is soft hearted (but soft in the brain too.) Maybe the mother will emerge as the stabilizing force in this drama. The mother will walk her daughter down the aisle, all will go well, and the rest of Meghan's family will simply remain the subject of gossip.

Old 05-16-2018, 10:44 AM

67,650 posts, read 60,925,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by in_newengland View Post
Maybe I'm the only one who feels burned out and tired of all this. And I WAS so excited. Now I don't believe any of them and I barely care! What a total mess.

Maybe one of the few sane persons is her mother. Maybe the dad is a loser and maybe the mother, being a nice person (she is now a social worker) married him because she felt sorry for him, in part. Sounds like the dad is soft hearted (but soft in the brain too.) Maybe the mother will emerge as the stabilizing force in this drama. The mother will walk her daughter down the aisle, all will go well, and the rest of Meghan's family will simply remain the subject of gossip.
You summed this up nicely!

Old 05-16-2018, 10:47 AM

26,272 posts, read 8,430,016 times
Quote:

Aww cheer up....... It'll be a great day Saturday, you'll see. The sun is going to shine, Meghan will look beautiful in her wedding gown, and her Prince will be waiting for her at the alter. It'll be a fantastic ceremony, and the newly married couple will come out of the church, to the cheers of the watching crowds.

It'll be a fantastic thing to watch, as these events always are. You'll get to see all the guests in their nice outfits, and we'll all get a laugh when the ugly sisters turn up. Maybe Fergie will ensure they wear big hats with veils........

Old 05-16-2018, 11:22 AM

9,546 posts, read 7,071,810 times
Quote:

Maybe.

But to my mind, apples don't fall far from the tree.

Harry seems to believe that Meghan is a creature apart from her messed up family. That is unlikely, and as her two (?) marriages and boulevard of broken relationships suggests, stability is not one of her assets. And stability is what Harry would seem to need after his childhood.

As for her mother, if she goes ahead with the interview on Oprah, claiming that the reason Meghan is unpopular is due to racism....well, that will really not go over well.

The family is not suddenly going to behave after the wedding--although perhaps the palace will be more likely to keep them quiet.

Old 05-16-2018, 11:43 AM

5,126 posts, read 7,410,320 times
Interesting excerpt from Andrew Morton's new book about Meghan Markle . . .

https://pagesix.com/2018/04/14/the-d...ys-first-date/

Old 05-16-2018, 11:49 AM

3,568 posts, read 1,346,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calgirlinnc View Post
Maybe.

But to my mind, apples don't fall far from the tree.

Harry seems to believe that Meghan is a creature apart from her messed up family. That is unlikely, and as her two (?) marriages and boulevard of broken relationships suggests, stability is not one of her assets. And stability is what Harry would seem to need after his childhood.

As for her mother, if she goes ahead with the interview on Oprah, claiming that the reason Meghan is unpopular is due to racism....well, that will really not go over well.

The family is not suddenly going to behave after the wedding--although perhaps the palace will be more likely to keep them quiet.
Meghan Markle has only been married ONCE.
I have no idea about a boulevard or what tabloid at which grocery store is your source.

I also have no idea what Harry thinks, and neither do you. However, he is marrying Meghan, so that should tell ya somethin'.

Old 05-16-2018, 11:52 AM

18,528 posts, read 18,752,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by applej3 View Post
Meghan Markle has only been married ONCE.
I have no idea about a boulevard or what tabloid at which grocery store is your source.

I also have no idea what Harry thinks, and neither do you. However, he is marrying Meghan, so that should tell ya somethin'.
hahaha

Old 05-16-2018, 12:19 PM

12,003 posts, read 11,901,228 times
It's puzzling that Meghan's nephews, sons of her half-brother, use their mother's surname, "Dooley", rather than their father's: "Markle" (that makes one of them Tom Dooley...).

I am glad Meghan's mother has arrived safely and was immediately collected and cared for by the powers that be, as indeed she should have been. Meghan must be very relieved to have her supportive presence on hand during this unexpectedly trying time.

I also hope Ms. Ragland removes her nose ring for the ceremony. It's not a good look for a lady of her years and newfound prominence.

Old 05-16-2018, 12:22 PM

18,528 posts, read 18,752,718 times
Im reading the Markles dad was offered photos to be taken in place of unflattering ones of him taken earlier which he seems to have went along with.. how sad if this man is being used by the tabloids in this way if it is in fact the truth..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > United Kingdom