Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > United Kingdom
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-21-2018, 05:57 PM

26,665 posts, read 28,801,481 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
I once saw a TV segment about Charles, and the narrator described him as a man who was raised to be a king in a world where there are no longer any kings.
That's an interesting bit of insight. He is my age too. (I used to have such a crush on him when I was a kid, lol.) I always felt sorry for him because he gave up whatever he wanted do so that he could become king. There had been scandals so he had to make sure that he didn't ever create another scandal, but as careful as he was, he created one of the worst scandals ever with Diana.

I used to wish he had just married Camilla when they were young. But his uncle had told him to sow his wild oats first. Bad advice, I think. We would have been spared listening to him tell her that he wanted to be a tampon. We would have been spared the embarrassment that Diana caused the family and the sorrow that she endured, not to mention her premature death.

By trying so hard to do everything the right way, he made a lot of people, including himself, very unhappy. I wish the Queen would step down and allow him to finally become king. sheeeesh, he's been out in the pasture long enough!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-21-2018, 06:06 PM

14,611 posts, read 17,681,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
I’m going in a few weeks, so I’ll ask. My opinion is that tradition trumps everything, and unless Charles dies young, which isnt likely, William will not be king for 20 years.
Charles is only 69 years old. He is more than likely to live for more than 20 years.

Prince William was born on 21 June 1982 (age 35). My personal feeling is that Charles should abdicate on 21 June 2032 when William is age 50 even if Charles has only been the monarch for a few years.

I know that British monarch historically serves until death, but in the 21st century the British people deserve monarchs who don't start their reign as old people.

William should abdicate on 22 July 2063 when Prince George is age 50.

Old 04-21-2018, 07:11 PM

7,643 posts, read 6,506,967 times
its better if the monarch is female even though I am for the republic

Old 04-22-2018, 12:19 AM

18,554 posts, read 18,839,884 times
Quote:
Yes, that was sort of mean. You must admit, there needs to be better dentistry.
Actually Ive never seen so many buck took kids in movies as from the US..

Last edited by elnina; 04-24-2018 at 04:48 AM..

Old 04-22-2018, 04:57 AM

14,824 posts, read 12,086,560 times
Quote:
Yes, that was sort of mean. You must admit, there needs to be better dentistry.
Stereotyipical nonsense!:-

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.dca929db96e3

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/hea...concludes.html

Do yourself a favour change your 'superior' attitude or don't bother coming.

Old 04-22-2018, 05:03 AM

27,412 posts, read 13,641,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBAinTexas View Post
What are their opinions about Prince Charles? If they could vote, would they rather have Prince William as king instead of Charles?
The Monarchy has no real powers, and Prince Charles will be 70 later this year, so he is not going to have a long reign like Queen Elizabeth.

There is also nothing to guarantee that he will have the same longevity as the current Queen, and the average male life expectancy in the UK is 79.2 years.

Old 04-22-2018, 12:51 PM

50,443 posts, read 64,273,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by easthome View Post
Stereotyipical nonsense!:-

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.dca929db96e3

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/hea...concludes.html

Do yourself a favour change your 'superior' attitude or don't bother coming.
All I know is from watching British shows on Netflix.

Old 04-22-2018, 12:58 PM

3,565 posts, read 2,125,375 times
I really don't have much time for the monarchy, especially the older generation with the likes of Charles, Andrew, Anne, Edward and Camilla et al.

That said, I do find the younger generation far more interesting, especially William, Harry and Kate Middleton.

Charles is a two-faced creep, and the whole Diana/Camillagate thing still grates. And I don't think the public will stand for him being King other than some kind of puppet king for no more than 12 months before stepping aside and letting William take the Crown

But I do think the Royal Family as a whole does a lot of good for the United Kingdom: they may cost the Taxpayer a few million pounds a year, but by the same token they generate far more in tourism income amongst other things.

Old 04-22-2018, 01:27 PM

5,606 posts, read 3,525,548 times
Prince Charles is a man of limited intelligence with no social skills and suffers from having spent most of his life with nothing to do and talking to himself too much.
Prince Harry is embarking on a glorious soap opera designed to end in tragedy like all soap operas by marrying a B-List Hollywood space cadet.
Prince William has the brains of a rocking horse and the personality of a verruca but he's safe and dull and boring and perfect to be the next King.
Think of the Royal Family as nothing more than Britain's greatest tourist attraction and you won't go far wrong.

Old 04-23-2018, 04:58 PM

736 posts, read 458,155 times
In a way i feel sorry for Charles Windsor . He never had a mother- he had a monarch.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > United Kingdom