Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > United Kingdom
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-02-2009, 07:17 AM

2,975 posts, read 8,114,316 times

Advertisements

My fiance is from there and is returning to live there for better job prospects. I am going there on vacation though, very soon. I like it there its different from here.

Finding a job in his field is pretty dire right now. We were told he wouldn't have a problem there and have full support from family and friends.

I still love Scotland but I love the U.S too.

Old 01-07-2009, 05:56 AM

10 posts, read 32,524 times
Scotslass
I did add your info onto my newer web page; I did not give names unless you give permission.

http://home.earthlink.net/~ussbetelgeuse/thisismyflorida/id1.html
This is still a work in progress so keep coming back and please feel free to make suggestions.

Old 01-07-2009, 08:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallfox View Post
Scotslass
I did add your info onto my newer web page; I did not give names unless you give permission.

http://home.earthlink.net/~ussbetelgeuse/thisismyflorida/id1.html
This is still a work in progress so keep coming back and please feel free to make suggestions.
Looking good keep up the good work

Old 01-07-2009, 08:39 AM

I do understand a love for Mississippi, my girlfriend has friends there also and I do visit them with her.
What type of a job is your fiancé looking for?
I am sure that he can find work in that state and surrounding states as in New Orleans.
I loved my time in Scotland with the people and the land however the cold rain does tend to get to one.
I now enjoy the warm weather and can drive up to colder weather if I wish!

Old 01-07-2009, 10:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallfox View Post
I do understand a love for Mississippi, my girlfriend has friends there also and I do visit them with her.
What type of a job is your fiancé looking for?
I am sure that he can find work in that state and surrounding states as in New Orleans.
I loved my time in Scotland with the people and the land however the cold rain does tend to get to one.
I now enjoy the warm weather and can drive up to colder weather if I wish!

It doesn't rain all the time, for the last 2 weeks its been ice cold and dry. I'm longing for summer.

He is looking to get into an entry job in the engineering sector. He has just graduated from college with a diploma in mechanical engineeing. He also has a diploma in aero engineering and an associates degree in science. Surely a company will hire him in MS?

Old 01-09-2009, 08:23 PM

2,266 posts, read 2,292,378 times
Scotland is GREAT....Glasgow is one of the most awesome cities I've ever visited, including Paisley.

Old 01-09-2009, 08:25 PM

2,266 posts, read 2,292,378 times
Scotslass, why are you moving to TN? You're better off in Scotland!

Affordable healthcare, diversity (racism a plenty in TN), friendly people, no Christian fundamentalism, alternatives to the car, history and amazing scenery...why would you leave Scotland????

Old 01-10-2009, 04:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCreass View Post
Scotslass, why are you moving to TN? You're better off in Scotland!

Affordable healthcare, diversity (racism a plenty in TN), friendly people, no Christian fundamentalism, alternatives to the car, history and amazing scenery...why would you leave Scotland????
A change I guess. I'll be in MS.

Better climate, good food, laid back lifestyle. I'm sure its not all bad eh?
Paisley isn't a nice town anymore.

Old 01-10-2009, 08:09 AM

Scotlass
My EX’s brother-in-law had the same experiences as you boy friend and is in demand in the nuclear industry so he should have no problem getting a job over in Mississippi, Good luck to you both and keep in touch.
Sachem Walkingfox

Last edited by Cornerguy1; 01-10-2009 at 09:32 PM.. Reason: personal web site links not permitted

Old 01-10-2009, 08:34 AM

[quote=Tallfox;6930067]Scotlass
My EX’s brother-in-law had the same experiences as you boy friend and is in demand in the nuclear industry so he should have no problem getting a job over in Mississippi, Good luck to you both and keep in touch.
Sachem Walkingfox

Thanks very much, though is MS a nice state to live in? Not that bad as people make it out to be? I've only been for 3 days visiting in laws. Spent most of my time in SC (4 weeks) i liked it there.

Last edited by Cornerguy1; 01-10-2009 at 09:32 PM.. Reason: orphaned material removed
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > United Kingdom