Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > United Kingdom
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-04-2020, 11:16 AM

5,301 posts, read 6,183,576 times

Advertisements

Just read that Starmer is the new head of the Labour Party. What I noticed is that Starmer has called for a "compassionate migration system." Will he be another Tony Blair?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-04-2020, 11:29 AM

4,096 posts, read 3,727,746 times
He's a London-based lawyer and a staunch remainer. He will never win.

Jess Phillips was my pick.

Old 04-04-2020, 03:53 PM

5,214 posts, read 4,022,912 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wells5 View Post
What I noticed is that Starmer has called for a "compassionate migration system."

But who is crazy to want to immigrate to the UK as of today's date and even in the future with most western economies destroyed? This seems like another scapegoating to me, sorta like Farage recalling about his forgotten 29 million romanians prediction...

Old 04-04-2020, 04:12 PM
Status: "“If a thing loves, it is infinite.”" (set 3 days ago)

27,183 posts, read 13,469,799 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wells5 View Post
Just read that Starmer is the new head of the Labour Party. What I noticed is that Starmer has called for a "compassionate migration system." Will he be another Tony Blair?
The next election isn't for nearly five years and Starmer was the idiot behind Lsbour's Brexit policy disaster.

I really can't see Starmer doing anything, and mass migration is not a popular policy with the ordinary voter.

The only good thing aboit Starmer is that he will help rid the party of the hard left and momentum, indeed the process has already with the election of non-momentum candidates to Labour's Governing NEC.

The hard left including Corbyn and McDonnell wanted their candidate Long-Bailey to win but thankfully she was absoloutely trounced by Starmer and the other candidate Lisa Nandy did even worse.

It's a good day only in that we are now rid of those clowns Corbyn and McDonnell and some of the other idiots in the shadow cabinet such as Diane Abbot, whose political carrers have well and trult finished.

As for Abbott isn't her disgusting son due in Court next month for assaulting police and NHS staff and exposing himself to NHS staff.

Old 04-05-2020, 06:09 AM

106 posts, read 57,695 times
I don't know much about Starmer but some of the things I've read seems that he's carrying on where Corbyn left off. Labour supporters rejected Labour because of the path is was leading, has it changed course?

Imo, he should be championing on how to get Britain trading with the world and not dragging us back into the EU. Did he have his eyes closed at the last election?

Old 04-05-2020, 05:19 PM

1,139 posts, read 465,496 times
This country Gt Britain is already heavily damn populated. When much younger we had 48 million now 66 million and told by experts will go up beyond 70 million. For goodness sake this is not a giant island. As for Sir Keir Starmer he has as much chance of being a Prime Minister as I dashed well have. He is like an amateur.

Old 04-06-2020, 04:02 AM

5,606 posts, read 3,512,636 times
Actually it looks like the Labour Party has just recovered some of its good sense.
However, neanderthals like Unite boss Len McCluskey still have a vice-like grip on the party and apart from being an oily lawyer who tried his utmost to block Brexit I'm not sure Starmer is the key to Labour taking back the Red Wall of Northern seats.
He is Sir Phoney Blair, leader of a Labour Party best described by George Galloway as " a party of the university-educated urban liberal middle-class which thinks Swarfega is a Balearic island, and is entranced with personal sexual racial identity politics. It no longer speaks the same language as its working class base on and behind the Red Wall. It can scarcely now even pretend to understand them. Everyone who opposes liberalism must be an “ist” or a “phobe.”
The next election is still Boris's to lose.

Last edited by Roscoe Conkling; 04-06-2020 at 04:32 AM..

Old 04-06-2020, 05:45 PM

1,139 posts, read 465,496 times
Nah the PM would win again as Labour has lost the plot with it's old traditional people and taken over as you touch on by the unit-minded young. For Labour's new leader to get anywhere with the army of higher educated extreme leftists in Labour as well as the broader aspect he has little chance.

Old 04-06-2020, 11:42 PM

5,606 posts, read 3,512,636 times
Labour's entire new front bench team voted to Remain with not a single Brexiteer appointed.
But there is room for the return of the hapless Ed Milliband , the Labour leader before Corbyn who also led the party to catastrophic failure in an election.
Labour is the gift that keeps on giving.

Old 04-07-2020, 02:49 PM

5,301 posts, read 6,183,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roscoe Conkling View Post
Labour's entire new front bench team voted to Remain with not a single Brexiteer appointed.
But there is room for the return of the hapless Ed Milliband , the Labour leader before Corbyn who also led the party to catastrophic failure in an election.
Labour is the gift that keeps on giving.

I was under the impression that it was David Milliband's turn to lead labour?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > United Kingdom