Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > United Kingdom
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-15-2008, 01:45 PM

3,414 posts, read 7,144,027 times

Advertisements

Indians have a caste system. If that is not a recipe for looking down on people and feeling superior, then I don't know what is. They have "untouchables" in their country. People you are allowed to treat like crap. Surely, that gives you a hint that they feel some people are better than others.

Old 06-15-2008, 04:03 PM

79 posts, read 458,601 times
Default Race

Hiya,

Every race has a small amount of people who are racist about someone's religion or colour of their skin, It's all about exceptance for each other...in some that will never happen.
We have to get on with it, thank goodness the rest of us don't think like that.

GinnyGin x

Old 06-15-2008, 04:40 PM

659 posts, read 1,374,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by laysayfair View Post
Indians have a caste system. If that is not a recipe for looking down on people and feeling superior, then I don't know what is. They have "untouchables" in their country. People you are allowed to treat like crap. Surely, that gives you a hint that they feel some people are better than others.
There must be a strong relationship between caste and class. I know of people that believe in genetic superiority and it might serve to bolster their self esteem but just because they can make someone else feel inferior does not prove that they are actually so.

Class used in the structured sense such as in banding's among people especially when passed down generationally cannot be fair but nevertheless is what all human races have a tendency toward.

Control is probably the motive that lies behind it all?

Old 06-21-2008, 12:47 PM

432 posts, read 1,664,902 times
My friend who live in The UK once told me that the indian lady refuse to do her nails when she walk into the shop. She said she had no polish but when she looked behind her there where various colors of polish there.

Plus i read a story by an indian girl who even said that they are racist.

Old 06-21-2008, 03:48 PM

3,531 posts, read 2,595,328 times
I`ve been racking my brains to find something to ease your pain about this..Sadly, short of a small piece of lead I can`t come up with a thing...

I`m sure if you unburden yourself by leaving us all a link to the things that so upset you then , we can all feel your pain, and in doing so alleviate some of your agony by sharing....

Old 06-21-2008, 09:03 PM

4,282 posts, read 15,748,958 times
Quote:
I`m sure if you unburden yourself by leaving us all a link to the things that so upset you then , we can all feel your pain, and in doing so alleviate some of your agony by sharing....

Hits the nail right on the head.

If you wish to make an accusation as drastic as claiming an entire race of people are racists, some documentary evidence is definitely called for.

Old 06-21-2008, 09:29 PM

432 posts, read 1,664,902 times
I dont know how to make a hyperlink but i will copy and paste the story...

"Speak to any African student in New Delhi and you will hear stories of the most appalling discrimination

Pursuits | Vir Sanghvi

By the time this appears in print, the contretemps over Harbhajan Singh, Andrew Symonds and the use of the words “monkey” or “monkey man” on the cricket field will probably have been resolved. Nevertheless, let’s first get that issue out of the way.

this is a story from an indian girl from the site livemint.com/wallstreetjournal.

Last edited by Cornerguy1; 06-22-2008 at 08:50 PM.. Reason: Read our copyright policy before posting material from other sites

Old 06-21-2008, 09:41 PM

3,414 posts, read 7,144,027 times
That's deep. Goes along with what I've heard, read and seen. Thanks for posting. Rep point coming.

Last edited by Cornerguy1; 06-22-2008 at 08:50 PM.. Reason: orphaned material

Old 06-21-2008, 10:01 PM

35 posts, read 103,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LondonChic View Post
Why is race still an issue! I don't understand it. And then also within the 'race of blacks' don't they look down on the ones who are 'darker' in Africa. I have read a few things about this especially in South Africa. Those with 'lighter skinned blacks' have a higher social standing than the 'darker' ones. Ridiculous...we're all human right?

P.S. I second that Ian
There seems to be a few kinks in our "civilized" race claim. Race will always be an issue, it's just one of those under spoken topics, because usually, whenever someone even comes close to approaching the race issue, people get verbally attacked. I saw a decent question that probably has a lot of truth - for whatever reason - get a lot of out of context feedback - right here on this thread. So honestly, if people won't talk about a REAL issue, we're not going to make much progress.

P.S - I don't understand it either - but it still is a major issue that needs to be talked about instead of swept under the carpet.

Old 06-22-2008, 10:23 AM

3,531 posts, read 2,595,328 times
Just a few questions for Affi... I`m like that,,
The thing you copied and pasted was obviously an Opinion from he/she..
1] Who is he/she..?
2] Have they the right to pass off their opinion as that of all Asians??
3] How do we know he/she is not a long lost cousin of Mr Nicholas John Griffin??
An answer to one , or all, would be welcome...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > United Kingdom