Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Utah
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-10-2006, 09:33 PM

10 posts, read 29,462 times

Advertisements

Circleville is a small community that my wife and I, along with our 5 yr old daughter, are thinking of moving to...

any words of advice from those close to the area?

thanks,
william
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-13-2006, 01:18 PM

6 posts, read 27,729 times
Smile look at marysvale

Just curious, why Circleville. I grew up in Piute County and I would suggest Marysvale (25 miles north) we plan on moving there in the future with our family. Here are a few reasons, the elementary school is outstanding, easy access to the mountains, beautiful, closer to shopping, hospital etc. Happy to answer any questions or give you some contacts for more details.

Old 09-13-2006, 08:47 PM

thank you for the reply..

we have been to both Marysvale and Circleville very recently...i will not let my daughter continue to go to the school here in Las Vegas...this is the worst place in the country for children...

i was only leaning towards Circleville as on our last trip we saw a home that my wife and i were interested in..there is the elementary school very close and it looked as though it is fairly new...the locals were very courtious and friendly..

my main concern is with being an "outsider" coming into such a small community...Circleville or Marysvale, the concern is the same..

i am driving up to the area again this weekend...

Old 09-14-2006, 01:15 AM

Sounds like a good reason to move. Marysvale and Circleville have alot of simmilarities; both towns have nice people, both towns attend highschool (7-12) in Junction, both towns are great places to raise a family. I know Marysvale doesn't seem to have a problem with "outsiders". People who have moved there say they felt very welcomed and part of the community. I think any community welcomes someone who brings something positive to the community. One thing that might influence your decision- what type of employment are you looking at? Hope this helped. Feel free to ask any more questions.

Old 09-14-2006, 04:24 PM

employment may be the best indicater of how bad I do not want my youngest in Vegas....i intend on keeping my home/job in Vegas and staying here during the work week...i will make the trip back to my wife and daughter in Utah on Fridays and return to Vegas Sunday night for the work week...

it may seem extreme but it is worth it to us...4 hours of driving, two days a week isn't that bad...we have a travel trailer that we drag all over the southwest for fun anyway...

here's a ? that i have had many different answers to....how is hwy 20 in the winter time?...i've heard it is well maintained and also heard that it can be closed for days at a time?

Old 09-15-2006, 12:52 PM

Default highway

Highway 20 is a well maintained road. It can get some heavy snow, but I've never known it to close for very long. We have driven it 100's of times, you just have to be aware of the weather forcast and sometimes wait for the road crews to get out. I think any highway or freeway in southern Utah can definately have its challenging winter driving. Deer and Elk are something you have to be aware of on Highway 20 as well as on hwy. 89. Interstate 70 is about 15 minutes north of Marysvale and connects to I-15 north of Beaver, but again you can have some short delays in the winter.
By the way, the move doesn't sound extreme to me, we actually made a very similar choice in moving from St. George to Sevier County.
Further ?'s happy to answer

Old 09-20-2006, 07:47 PM

thanks for the replies Jnay...we went and looked at one house last weekend...we're going back up this weekend to look at 3 more..

if we find the right one it's a done deal...

Old 09-26-2006, 09:30 AM

Sounds great! I have family that live in Circleville, so let me know if you have any more questions or I can help you out. Good-luck!

Old 10-15-2006, 08:28 PM

hey jnay,

thanks for all the advice jnay...we couldn't find a house we really liked anywhere in the area so, we bought an acre in Circleville...we are right on the Sevier River and will start construction next spring..we're very excited...now begins the chore of building a house from 250 miles away...

write back,
william

Last edited by william_04_x; 10-15-2006 at 08:54 PM..

Old 10-18-2006, 05:05 PM

746 posts, read 1,324,194 times
William,

Congratulations on finding your land.

I've been looking around the west for land for two years, and visited Cedar City a year ago.

Finding the right land is the major first step. We are looking to build a passive solar home.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Utah