Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Utah
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-28-2008, 05:34 AM

46 posts, read 130,251 times

Advertisements

I would like to get an idea of what folks in Utah pay for their utilities, on average.

Specifically, I am looking for:

average monthly water bill

average monthly heating bill

average monthly electric bill

Please post your general location in the state, also.
I appreciate any input you can give me, and thank you very much in advance!

Last edited by sammbols3; 01-28-2008 at 05:35 AM.. Reason: forgot to include this
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-28-2008, 06:35 AM

46 posts, read 234,242 times
you need to specify what size home you are heating and cooling for that data to be useful. I could look up what I pay per kilowatt if that would be helpful.

Old 01-28-2008, 10:16 AM

347 posts, read 1,566,760 times
I lived in West Jordan in a house that was 4400 Sf. and about 9 years old. So kind of energy efficient, but not super efficient. I paid about $400-$450 in the summer and winter months for the last couple of years. About half than in the fall and spring. Everything but our water heater was run by electricity. So expensive. Our HVAC system was incredibly inefficient, I must say. We had to set the thermostats to 72 in the summer just to get the actual temp to 74-75. We only had one a/c unit which was definitely inadequate.

Old 01-28-2008, 12:19 PM

5,118 posts, read 16,592,135 times
I have a 1500 sq foot home that wasn't built very well. My furnace is original (I think) so that makes it about 28 years old.

My power bill is really low. It averages out to be about $27/mo. I have a swamp cooler, not central air. I also have dimmer switches throughout most of my home.
My gas (heating) bill varies but has been between ($700-750) per year for the past two years. In the winter, keep my house at 72+ when I'm home and awake, 66 when I'm gone or asleep. During the summer months, I keep my house at about 78 degrees when I'm gone and 72 when I'm home. I also have a gas stove and water heater.
My water bills are really low compared to other water districts in the areas around me. I pay between $240-260 year. That includes sewer too. My water is from the Taylorsville-Bennion district.

I'm single so my bills tend to be lower than most.

Old 01-28-2008, 01:07 PM

46 posts, read 130,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sammbols3 View Post
I would like to get an idea of what folks in Utah pay for their utilities, on average.

Specifically, I am looking for:

average monthly water bill

average monthly heating bill

average monthly electric bill

Please post your general location in the state, also.
I appreciate any input you can give me, and thank you very much in advance!
My husband and I currently live in Wisconsin, and are considering relocating somewhere in the southwest several years from now. The home that we would purchase would be average sized (to us, anyways), no larger than 1400 to 1500 square feet. It would be just the two of us living in the home.

Again, I appreciate any replies and insight you can give me. Thank you!

Old 01-28-2008, 03:05 PM

1,821 posts, read 7,729,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sammbols3 View Post
My husband and I currently live in Wisconsin, and are considering relocating somewhere in the southwest several years from now. The home that we would purchase would be average sized (to us, anyways), no larger than 1400 to 1500 square feet. It would be just the two of us living in the home.

Again, I appreciate any replies and insight you can give me. Thank you!
I have a 2400 sq foot (3 levels each 800). Most basements here are counted in square footage, but in other places they are not, so I might be the equivalent of a 1600 sq ft according to your standards.

I pay

Water: Summer -- $100, winter – $20. Keep in mind I’m watering a quarter acre lawn and garden.

Gas: Summer -- $15, Winter -- $150

Electricity – about $40 / month

Old 01-28-2008, 09:08 PM

2 posts, read 25,683 times
Thumbs up st. george

We have a heat pump, so no gas in our house. Water included, we pay about $180 in the summer months (march - october) and about $215 in the winter months. however, we keep our bill on the average plan so we pay $203 every month
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Utah
View detailed profiles of: