Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada > Vancouver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-18-2018, 10:30 AM

2 posts, read 1,147 times

Advertisements

This morning I woke up late, forgot to have my morning coffee and was running late for work. I was driving along hwy. 10 and I was speeding a bit and in addition, I cut this truck that was trying to merge. Nothing happened to anyone on the road except I made myself look like a complete idiot for my moronic rash driving to say the least.

Anyways, I came to a stop at the signal and that is when that same truck driver (who was completely pissed off at me) noted down my plate number to report it I guess. I understand he has complete right to complain about my rash driving and if he does what is the worst thing going to happen? As I said I am feeling awful after making a poor choice in my driving this morning and told myself to avoid repeating such thing going forward.

My question here is do I get any ticket for this? I do not mind apologizing, however, I just do not want a black mark on my driving record (which is clean).

Any thoughts?
thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-19-2018, 01:56 AM

14,735 posts, read 15,038,045 times
Quote:
"My question here is do I get any ticket for this?"

If the police didn't pull you over soon after the incident then whether or not you get charged/fined depends on whether or not the truck driver has proof. He might have recorded your infraction on a dash cam video as evidence. Or maybe there were other reliable witnesses. The incident might have been recorded on street cam - there are 18 street cams posted on Hwy. 10 so it's possible it was recorded depending on where he was trying to merge into traffic.

The truck driver must be able to offer some kind of proof though if he's making a complaint about you cutting him off. His word alone isn't enough for you to be ticketed. For all the motor vehicles dept. or the police knows, he could be simply making it up.

I suspect the most likely scenario is that he was taking down your plate number and car description to call in a report immediately about an erratic, dangerous driver speeding down Hwy. 10 at that time in the hopes that police cruisers were nearby and could pull you over right away before you caused an accident.

You'll just have to wait and see if anything comes of it. You might get an official notification in the mail.

Take it easy on the roads.

Old 07-20-2018, 10:36 AM

34 posts, read 80,321 times
i have in the past reported bad drivers license plates to the rcmp freeway patrol, VPD. These were for speeding/tailgating thru 3o klm school zones, freeway weaving/tailgating, road ragers, drunk drivers, mopeds with no insurance on the sidewalk, etc. Each time the 911 dispatcher gets my name, address and details and tells me they will send a patrol car in the vicinity to search for the vehicle. A few times i actually witnessed a police vehicle pull over the offender a few minutes down the street or freeway. Anyways, what the 911 dispatcher told me is that they send a police vehicle to track down and observe /ticket the driver and if they cannot catch in traffic, they will track them down to their home or work and speak to the driver about their poor driving behaviour....just to inform them that a person called it in and caution them to be mindful of their driving.

Old 07-20-2018, 07:50 PM

3,563 posts, read 5,377,574 times
No ticket, but if it's reported by a certified Traffic Control Person in BC, a TCP, it's supposed to be logged in, and the second complaint is supposed to result in a personal visit from the RCMP. But I've never heard of that happening.

At the end of the day we all have our moments and it's good that you actually recognize it was a bad a.m. for you. Chill.

Old 02-01-2019, 08:49 PM

7 posts, read 3,559 times
You have to remember, that if anything serious were to come of this, then we could realistically just be calling each other in. So if you did something, maybe it wasn't that big, I'd call you in. So don't worry unless it was totally bad and he caught it on camera.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada > Vancouver