Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Ventura County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-31-2010, 01:48 PM

26,329 posts, read 93,771,454 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crystal is a mess View Post
I detest but all the experimental crap they call music.

Remember our parents said the same thing when we were listening to Zeppelin, Sabbath, and Floyd.

YouTube - Black Sabbath - Black Sabbath (Live At Paris)

"If it's too loud, you're too old."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-31-2010, 03:41 PM

16,289 posts, read 32,350,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles View Post
Remember our parents said the same thing when we were listening to Zeppelin, Sabbath, and Floyd.

YouTube - Black Sabbath - Black Sabbath (Live At Paris)

Can't wait for the retro stations in 2040 or 2050 to start playing some of this stuff my kids listen to.

Old 08-31-2010, 07:50 PM

1,631 posts, read 4,226,086 times
Man, I really liked 95.9. I suppose it doesn't matter since I'm not in range anymore. They used to do a local band show on I think Saturday nights for a few years around 2003ish. I got to go into the studio and hang out while they interviewed my friends bands and played their music. Really cool little station.

Old 08-31-2010, 07:59 PM

587 posts, read 1,466,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles View Post

I know I know I know. It's not even loud....it's just whinny depressing crap. Apparently the music scene in London is supposed to be the hippest and hottest, and maybe I'm just old, but it's serious crap nobody will be playing 40 years from now.

Old 08-31-2010, 08:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyanna View Post
We ran the station under the banner of our investigations team and it operated during the months of November through April for about 4 years. What we called our "hiatus season" due to the extreme cold at that time of year, LOL! We played everything from AC/DC to Elvis, whatever the people wanted that we could have included in our license to play. We also did contests and had guest spots for chat and interviews We once did a live telephone interview over the station with Lemmy from Motorhead, which was a blast. I also got into it live online with Alan Robson, a radio DJ from Newcastle. He wasn't happy about being called a "pratt" over the radio, LOL!
Sounds really neat. I listen to one station consistently, LBC which is a talk station for London. In the car I listen to Absolute if I have to, but most of the time I have my Ipod plugged in and cranked up, since I just don't get what I want from music stations anymore.

By the way, tell your husband that Emperor Rosko now lives down the road from you guys in T.O. Not sure if he was a Radio Caroline fan back in the day, but I'm assuming he was. He'll fill you in on The Emperor if you don't know who he is.

T.O. man broadcast rock to U.K., Europe » Ventura County Star

Old 08-31-2010, 08:37 PM

Quote:
It's a shame 95.9 does not live stream...would like to hear the new format. Again Ventura was pretty lame on radio stations when I was there, but didn't stop me from listening to KHAY in the mornings some days...I worked from home so whatever hit the spot.

Does anyone listen to Ardas Khasla? The website is so badly designed, that I could tell if Ardas still has his Grateful Dead Show on a Sunday night. If anyone see's him, say howdy from me....he'll know exactly who I am. I lost touch with him a while back.

I get my fix here in the UK, by listening to Mark and Brian 95.5 KLOS on line, although sometimes I can only take them for so long before I have to tune out. Actually it's more some of the guest twits they have on their show that bug me.
I just found out he still does his Greatful Dead Grooves show for 95.9

Old 08-31-2010, 09:22 PM

2,852 posts, read 6,485,947 times
Quote:
Sounds really neat. I listen to one station consistently, LBC which is a talk station for London. In the car I listen to Absolute if I have to, but most of the time I have my Ipod plugged in and cranked up, since I just don't get what I want from music stations anymore.

By the way, tell your husband that Emperor Rosko now lives down the road from you guys in T.O. Not sure if he was a Radio Caroline fan back in the day, but I'm assuming he was. He'll fill you in on The Emperor if you don't know who he is.

T.O. man broadcast rock to U.K., Europe » Ventura County Star
Whey hey! The Emperor just around the corner from our new home! Fancy that! The movie Pirate Radio was brilliant

You actually DRIVE in London?!?!

Old 08-31-2010, 09:25 PM

Here's an old fave of mine, LOL!

YouTube - Ted Nugent - Free For All (From "Motor City Mayhem")

Old 08-31-2010, 09:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyanna View Post
Whey hey! The Emperor just around the corner from our new home! Fancy that! The movie Pirate Radio was brilliant

You actually DRIVE in London?!?!
Yup and it's bad for my state of mind. A typical day finds me screaming obsenities at other drivers and needing to lie down when I'm back home. I have no other choice since hanging around at bus stops or rubbing up with the mass unwashed on the underground is not my idea of fun. Besides I work from home and can avoid rush hour.

It's a tuff life

Old 09-01-2010, 12:08 PM

Quote:
Yup and it's bad for my state of mind. A typical day finds me screaming obsenities at other drivers and needing to lie down when I'm back home. I have no other choice since hanging around at bus stops or rubbing up with the mass unwashed on the underground is not my idea of fun. Besides I work from home and can avoid rush hour.

It's a tuff life
I used to cry with relief once we left the London city limits. I HATE driving in London! All those double decker buses, taxi drivers, crazy tourists and the nutters on bikes. I think what a lot of Americans don't realize is that British streets, and even highways, are quite narrow and many American cars would have trouble, and American trucks would definately NOT fit well

Are you familiar with the Wandsworth Bridge area and Trinity Road? My dental surgeon/lawsuit expert witness (Dr. Anthony Halperin) used to have an office over there.

Last edited by Cyanna; 09-01-2010 at 01:01 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Ventura County
View detailed profiles of: