Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Video Games
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-23-2010, 02:10 PM

531 posts, read 2,899,302 times

Advertisements

I'm looking forward to getting this game, although I did not have NBA2K10. I understand that they have roster updates as they happen, correct? But how does it work if I am playing a season and I'm not "caught up"? In other words, if the Knicks get Carmelo at the trade deadline, but I'm only in the first month of the season, will Carmelo be on my team instantly or does the roster not update until the time when the move was made?

Does that make sense? In other words, if I'm playing a season as the Knicks, how would real time roster changes affect my roster? Right away? Or is it delayed until I reach the date of the transaction?

Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-29-2010, 12:36 PM

2,149 posts, read 4,152,716 times
I may be wrong, but the rosters in Association Mode are set, so if Melo gets traded to the Knicks, you won't have him in your regular season. However, you will be able to play with him on the Knicks roster in exhiition mode. Does that make sense?

You might need to install or download something to get the actual roster update, but Operation Sports only updates the roster for exhibition use/online use, etc. I think that's how it works.

Old 10-13-2010, 08:24 AM

3,454 posts, read 3,376,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DomRep View Post
I may be wrong, but the rosters in Association Mode are set, so if Melo gets traded to the Knicks, you won't have him in your regular season. However, you will be able to play with him on the Knicks roster in exhiition mode. Does that make sense?

You might need to install or download something to get the actual roster update, but Operation Sports only updates the roster for exhibition use/online use, etc. I think that's how it works.
That's very weird. So if you trade a player in association mode, the new player you suddenly acquire will not become available at all to play down the road, or does he become available to play after the next regular season starts?

Anyway, was just trying to understand this better, since this caught my interest. And I have an interest in eventually renting NBA 2K11(regardless if it's the PS2 or PS3 version) on GameFly....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Video Games